Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » First real info on the final episode? $$$$$ (Page 4)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: First real info on the final episode? $$$$$
Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Worf was supposed to have been visiting his parents on Earth, but that was before Kira Yoshi got transplanted into Kira. This may have altered the time table a little bit. I suppose it's possible that the Defiant was at Earth for some reason when the Borg attacked so off they went to the Typhon Sector to help intercept them.

Or Worf's visit home and the Defiant's presence at the battle could be two totally unrelated incidents:

"Hello Capatain, I'm back from Earth."
"Mr. Worf, get your ass back on the Defiant. The Borg are about to attack Earth..."

Personally, I think the Defiant was already doing something close to Earth. Doesn't it take at least a few days to get there from DS9? The Borg have never been ones to send out invitations for the battles.

------------------
"The sons of the Prophet were valiant and bold,
And quite unacustomed to fear.
But, of all, the most reckless, or so I am told,
Was Abdulah Boul Boul Ameer."
Aban's Illustration www.alanfore.com

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
O'Brien still isn't a helmsman.

Maybe not now, but he has been in the past a very proficient helmsman. And again, we've seen him at the Defiant's helm on a few occasions I'm thinkin'.

The Defiant could've been at Earth, and ordered from there to go to the Typhon Expanse and fight the Borg. Worf's line when he learns Keiko is pregnant again does seem to indicate he plans on being far far FAR away when that happens ...

------------------
Star Trek Gamma Quadrant
Average Rated 8.32 out of 10 Smileys by Fabrux (with seven eps posted)
"Oh, yes, screw logic, let's go for a theory with no evidence!"
-Omega 11:48am, Jan. 19th, 2001

Timo
Member # 245

- posted      Profile for Timo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm not sure if O'Brien is an ace pilot or not, but he does have plenty of experience. His main fields of training may have been infantryman cum transporter chief cum starship/station chief engineer, but he flew plenty of missions piloting those runabouts...

I don't think he piloted the Defiant more than once, though ("Rules of Engagement"). It is a weird job for the engineer of the ship to be doing. Perhaps O'Brien had come to the bridge to give Worf a report on the progress with intercom repairs ("Still not working, sir, and the commbadges are all low on power now - so please meet Christina. She knows her way down to Engineering if you need me again. Just attach this message scroll to her leg and..."), and the Klingons chose exactly that moment to strike. And since the poor regular helmsman was sitting right next to a console... I guess O'Brien was the most practical replacement in the heat of the moment.

Timo Saloniemi

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps