Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » I have to be honest [this has developed "Endgame" spoilers] (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: I have to be honest [this has developed "Endgame" spoilers]
Matrix
AMEAN McAvoy
Member # 376

- posted      Profile for Matrix     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I seriously have been thinking over the past 24 hours since the airing of Caretaker last night. Also the Voyager Special afterwards also indicated that I will miss Voyager. It never really hit me until last night that in all seriousness that I never fully realized that in 2 days that Voyager will air its last and final episode. Afterwards there WILL be no Voyager movie probably because people will want to got to a Star Trek movie with a ship named Enterprise. I grew up with Voyager its the only Star Trek series that I watched all the way for the past 7 years. I was 10 when it aired and I have tohonest that after the first episode I stayed home so I could watch it again 7 years ago.

Also 'Enterprise' will premier in the ned of 2001 however I will be able to see the first couple of episodes, but three days after I graduate in June of 2002 I will be going into the navy so won't be able to watch the entire series like I have with Voyager. Also lets get into Series 6 because after Series 5, Ihardly think that anyone will want a 6th series.

[ May 31, 2001: Message edited by: TSN ]

Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
As a fan who grew up with TNG when it aired back in 1987, I know how you feel. But at least you should have good memories of the series to take to the open seas. And not seeing series 5 is a damn good thing... it won't annoy you as much as it will annoy others here.

------------------
"When I said to get involved in the gay community, I didn't mean to sleep with everyone in it."
Michael_T

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
::beats the living crap out of Michael with a big mallet::

Don't knock it 'til you've seen it!

::SMACK!::

------------------
Star Trek Gamma Quadrant
Average Rated 8.32 out of 10 Smileys by Fabrux (with seven eps posted)
"Oh, yes, screw logic, let's go for a theory with no evidence!"
-Omega 11:48am, Jan. 19th, 2001
Card-Carrying Member of the Flare APAO
"I think this reason why girls don't do well on multiple choice tests goes all the way back to the Bible, all the way back to Genesis, Adam and Eve. God said, 'All right, Eve, multiple choice or multiple orgasms, what's it going to be?' We all know what was chosen" - Rush Limbaugh, Feb. 23, 1994.

MIB
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
I know how you feel Matrix. Voyager first aired when I was 9 years old. It seemed like seconds ago. I saw EVERY single episode with the exception of 'The Thaw' which I heard was a crappy episode anyways. *sigh* I was still living up north in Wisconsin when Voyager first came on. I wish I still lived there now. *sniff* good bye Voyager! When Enterprise comes on, you'll never hear a continuity complaint from us again!

------------------
"I don't mind being called a liar when I'm lying, or am about to lie, or have just finished lying, but NOT WHEN I'M TELLING THE TRUTH!------Homer Simpson.

[This message has been edited by MIB (edited May 22, 2001).]

IP: Logged
The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Actually, IMHO "The Thaw" was part of the elite "upper half" of season two episodes, as distinguished from the banal "lower half" (Threshold, Tattoo, Twisted or Cold Fire, anyone?)

------------------
"And as it is, it is cheaper than drinking."
-DT on arguing with Omega, April 30

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I liked Voyager from the beginning.
I will feel the same sting I felt when TNG and DS9 went off the air.
Although we are 20 episodes behind the US, so I'll prolly see "Endgame" in eight or nine months from now.

------------------
"Babies haven't any hair;
old men's heads are just as bare;
between the cradle and the grave
lies a haircut and a shave."

Samuel Hoffenstein

Alshrim Dax
Member # 258

- posted      Profile for Alshrim Dax     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've been with Star Trek since TOS .. Been watching star trek since I was 7 years old (1977). It is the end of ONE MORE SAGA - only to pass the torch.

"ONce more onto the breech!"

Series V is the next one; will certainly not be the last !!

------------------
-There can be only Nine !! ..mmm.. maybe 10 !!

- Alshrim Dax
The Other Dax:

Epoch
Geology Rocks
Member # 136

- posted      Profile for Epoch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm also finding it hard to believe that the end of Voyager is tomorrow. I started on TNG and have seen almost every episode from TNG ,DS9, and Voy the first time they ran. Voyager like TNG and DS9 before it will be missed.

It is simply the end of an era, not the end of the world.
------------------
God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the weaponry to make the difference.

[This message has been edited by Tec (edited May 22, 2001).]

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, but there is a time and place for everything.
Matrix
AMEAN McAvoy
Member # 376

- posted      Profile for Matrix     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
For me after watching it, I realized that next Wednesday I will be watching not a new one but an old one I already saw. There will be no more seasons so the one I saw a few days ago is THE last.

------------------
The whole concept of Survivor is get your average Joe and put him/her on the show and see how they react. Afterwards even though they did not win they make money by appearing on shows. There is no point in having to win a million dollars! They will make that amount in 2 months after appearing on 100 different shows!

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I grew up on The Original Series and the movies featuring the original cast. The first movie I ever saw in a theater was Star Trek III: The Search for Spock. I was about four or five at the time. My mother was (and is) your average Star Trek fan. We'd occassionally watch the old episodes together.

I got hooked into Star Trek big time when I saw The Next Generation's "Time Squared" (during my fourth grade year). I stayed a devoted fan of The Next Generation right to the end of the series, and I was saddened to see it go. I watched Deep Space Nine get its start, but I didn't follow the first or second seasons. At this time, I started being the ultimate "band nerd" and had no time to watch. I started watching Deep Space Nine and Voyager with the same fervor as The Next Generation when they started, but I had to stop watching again as I entered college. My first roommate was the biggest anti-Trekker I had ever met.

Since being in college, I've alternated between being able to watch the shows to being too busy. But I did catch the last few episodes of Voyager, and I will miss it, too. I don't think it was the strongest of the Trek series, but I think it was still good television on many occassions. I will miss it. However, in the meantime, I can catch up with the reruns.

------------------
God (using a Devil hand puppet): Yaagh! I'm the Devil! I'm evil! I'm spooky! I'm dark! And I'm evil! Gimme an "E!" Gimme a "V!" Gimme a "U!" Gimme an "L!" What's that spell? Evil! Goooo EVIL!
Devil: Hey, yo, that shit ain't funny!
--from Tatsuya Ishida's Sinfest

Founder, president, CEO, CFO, COO, under-secretary general, mascot, and caterer of the APAO

Treknophyle
Member # 509

- posted      Profile for Treknophyle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Agreed. Not the best television show ever - but in the upper 10%. So it beat Sturgeon's Law:

(90% of EVERYTHING is crap".)

Which is all we can ask of a television show.

--------------------
'One man's theology is another man's belly laugh.' - Lazarus Long

Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I can bash Series V all I want Jeff, but I'll still watch it from time to time. It is a Star Trek series after all. But don't expect me to like it if the continuity is screwed.

--------------------
"It speaks to some basic human needs: that there is a tomorrow, it's not all going to be over with a big splash and a bomb, that the human race is improving, that we have things to be proud of as humans."
-Gene Roddenberry about Star Trek

Wes
Over 20 years here? Holy cow.
Member # 212

- posted      Profile for Wes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
More people crying about continuity. Its a TV show, enjoy it. Personally, they will only loose my attention if they state that Kirk was a chick, other then that, dont whine about continuity, it makes you sound in desprate need of a life.
Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
And when Wes says you sound like you need a life, you know you're in trouble. 8)

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps