Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » Beltran slams Voyager.........GOOD! (Page 2)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Beltran slams Voyager.........GOOD!
MIB
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
TNG and DS9 were on Fox and they didn't turn out like that.
IP: Logged
PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Er, weren't TNG and DS9 syndicated? I'm not 100% up on how US television works, but I thought synidcated shows weren't made for any network in particular, and so didn't have to listen to any of them.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You are correct, I think.
Treknophyle
Member # 509

- posted      Profile for Treknophyle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Although everyone is entitled to an opinion (some silly democratic rule or other...), I'm wondering why anyone would pay much attention to Beltran's. What marvelous other roles has he played? Where are his Oscars? Emmys?

If he had better writing talent than the staff, he should have submitted. But he is what I refer to as a "technician" actor - comes in, reads his parts, job done, goes home.

--------------------
'One man's theology is another man's belly laugh.' - Lazarus Long

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yep, TNG and DS9 were syndicated, although Deep Space 9 was originally part of this Primetime Entertainment thing that had no useless purpose as far as I know. The Next Generation first ran down here on what would become the WB affiliate ten years later. Deep Space 9 first ran down here on what would become the UPN affiliate about five years later.

TNG is now going to rerun national on TNN (The NATIONAL Network ) this year with DS9 starting up in 2003 and Voyager in 2005 (I think those years are right). Some local independent stations still have the right to air the TNG reruns, I think. I know our local independent KTBU is still airing TNG twice a day will no plans to drop it after TNN starts airing them.

I know that in some areas there were FOX stations airing Deep Space 9. I think that was just a case of that particular station buying into the syndication and airing the episodes in their local programming slots.

Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Those dates sound correct from my memory on what the Star Trek site has. But I'm not as lucky as you are Seigfried since the UPN station here in Los Angeles only airs the reruns of DS9 and Voyager. They completely stop airing the TNG episodes during the middle seasons of Voyager.

--------------------
"It speaks to some basic human needs: that there is a tomorrow, it's not all going to be over with a big splash and a bomb, that the human race is improving, that we have things to be proud of as humans."
-Gene Roddenberry about Star Trek

Da_bang80
A few sectors short of an Empire
Member # 528

- posted      Profile for Da_bang80     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Of course voyager had to run into the borg. about the only thing STAR TREK in the whole series. except for those damn ugly saucer-ships at least the defiant was a nice little ship. other than that, ship after ship those guys thought up had a saucer with the bridge right smack in the middle. Can you say target? and they all look the same. put any two desings side by side (except the holy defiant) and you can instantly see the basic similarities. romulan and klingon two. but klingon ships are cool so i won't rat on them. i hope the next trek series has a little CREATIVITY. the tie fighters in Star Wars are bad too.

--------------------
Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change.
The courage to change the things I cannot accept.
And the wisdom to hide the bodies of all the people I had to kill today because they pissed me off.

Remember when your parents told you it's dangerous to play in traffic?

Evolved
Member # 389

- posted      Profile for Evolved     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ooooookay, it's something called design lineage...

What does this have to do with the topic, anyway?

MIB
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
Basically, in this thread, are agreeing with what Beltran said and we are talking about why Voyager sucked so bad for the thousandnth time.
IP: Logged
PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah. But, er, how did we get from that to the slightly strange complaint that "all TIE Fighters look similar"?

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Da_bang80
Member # 528

- posted      Profile for Da_bang80     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
they are similar. basic pod with two solar panels. if we used design lineage for real spacecraft. we'd still have big, multistage rockets. not things like the space shuttle. or the new ones that are being drawn up. like the x-33.(now cancelled) i still would like to see some design's other then the saucer and stuff.

--------------------
And the wisdom to hide the bodies of all the people I had to kill today because they pissed me off.

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

So we've apparently gotten into an argument about how people shouldn't use their highly recongisible iconic designs for ships? If we want an arguement about that, let's make a new thread, eh?

Anyway, the counter arugment is Episode 1 ships. Nyah.

--------------------

Evolved
Member # 389

- posted      Profile for Evolved     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Last reply to design lineage topic...I promise.

I'll start a new one if the topic continues...

if we used design lineage for real spacecraft. we'd still have big, multistage rockets. not things like the space shuttle

A rocket does not have the same purpose as the space shuttle (reusable vehicle). Rockets today look similar to rockets of the past.

If your creation has the same purpose as a previous object, it will probably look similar. A truck in the 50s has the same layout as a brand new 2001 model, but I wouldn't say they all look alike.

Besides...how does the Enterprise, NCC-1701, look exactly the same as the Enterprise, NCC-1701-D? Because they have a saucer?

And I suppose all submarines, trucks, ships with sails, ocean liners, rifles, hand guns, personal computers, calculators, microwave ovens, sedans, space probes, and aircraft carriers look alike to you.

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

They do to the genereal public who don't care about that sort of thing. Most people don't even realise that the different Enterprises look different (although the NX-01 does look the most individual).

--------------------

Da_bang80
Member # 528

whatever, i just think that a little more creativity is in order. my opinion. if you don't like it then don't read it.

--------------------

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps