Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » DS9: The Unsung Episodes (Page 1)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: DS9: The Unsung Episodes
The First One
A lovely little thinker, but a bugger when he's pissed
Member # 35

- posted      Profile for The First One         Edit/Delete Post 
It seems to me that whenever you see a list of DS9's best and worst eps, you always see the same names. "Whispers," "The Visitor," "Sacrifice of Angels," "Tears of the Prophets," "In the Pale Moonlight;" "Move Along Home," "Meridian," "Who Mourns for Morn," all the usual suspects.

Today I was watching "Visionary," a third-season episode. And I really enjoyed it! So I thought I'd ask if there are any other favourites out there that don't usually come to mind. Did you like "The Muse?" Then say so. Do you wonder why "Tribunal" isn't up there with "Meridian" in the hall of infamy? Then say so too.

Elim Garak
Plain and simple
Member # 14

- posted      Profile for Elim Garak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"Visionary" was my first experience with a DS9 I actually liked, to be honest (although it was only my third or something, but still...).

------------------
Elim Garak: "Oh, it's just Garak. Plain, simple Garak. Now, good day to you, Doctor. I'm so glad to have made such an... interesting new friend today." (DS9: "Past Prologue")

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I don't know if it qualifies as unsung, but it wasn't on your list. So I'll say "Duet". And I also rather liked the Circle trilogy, what I saw of it anyway. I think I missed the middle part.

------------------
"And if we weren't good to you, Dave, you shouldn't take it all the way to your grave."
--
Will Rigby

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Didn't like "The Muse," did like "Tribunal." And "Dogs of War" was great because for once they didn't care about the budget, with the transporter running in the background, extras saying "excuse me" as they walk by, and so on.

------------------
Frank's Home Page
"Stuff" - Nobody

Dax
Paradox
Member # 191

- posted      Profile for Dax     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I really liked the pilot episode, "Emissary". "The Die is Cast" is one of my all time favourites, too.

------------------
"Forgive me if I don't share your euphoria!" (Weyoun to Dukat, Tears of the Prophets)
Dax's Ships of STAR TREK

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I also liked the Cardie Rommie attack of the Dominion duo (or trio). I thought it was well thought out and revealed some interesting info. Also Sisko's "Not as singed as THEY're going to get. ENGAGE!" battle. Kick a$$!

------------------
"Resolve and thou art free."

Dax
Paradox
Member # 191

- posted      Profile for Dax     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Indeed, that was the first episode that featured a full scale battle in Trek (and it looked awesome, too). I also reckon Garak's interrogation of Odo is one of the most memorable moments in DS9 history.

------------------
"Forgive me if I don't share your euphoria!" (Weyoun to Dukat, Tears of the Prophets)
Dax's Ships of STAR TREK

Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"Sacrifice of Angels" is one of my favorite DS9 episodes. Love the battle scenes in it.

------------------
Calvin: "I'm a man of few words."
Hobbes: "Maybe if you read more, you'd have a larger vocabulary."
Federation Starship Datalink - Starship site of the new millinium.

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, yes, but I believe we're looking for episodes that haven't been hyped up as much among the online community.

"Civil Defense" was a good one. Dukat strolling around Ops while phaser beams lance out everywhere, and he just looks so arrogent. Great stuff.

------------------
"And if we weren't good to you, Dave, you shouldn't take it all the way to your grave."
--
Will Rigby

[This message has been edited by Sol System (edited November 17, 1999).]

The First One
A lovely little thinker, but a bugger when he's pissed
Member # 35

- posted      Profile for The First One         Edit/Delete Post 
Exactly. Another one that should be mentioned is "Favour the Bold," which often gets written off as just a prologue to "SofA." There's some good stuff in there, though. . .
Elim Garak
Plain and simple
Member # 14

- posted      Profile for Elim Garak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"Favour the Bold" is much better than "Sacrifice of Angels", IMO.

Another favourite of mine from DS9 that hardly ever gets any credit: "The Darkness and the Light".

------------------
Elim Garak: "Oh, it's just Garak. Plain, simple Garak. Now, good day to you, Doctor. I'm so glad to have made such an... interesting new friend today." (DS9: "Past Prologue")

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I really liked "Defiant", 'cuz it was a good Defiant ep, and 'cuz Tom Riker's kewl! He just don't seem to give a damn about anything! (except his brother )

I also liked "Captive pursuit" with Tosk, and
"When the shit hits the fan".
No, wait, they scrapped that. Doesn't matter how many scripts I send them, they just keep coming back all torn and wrinkled. Bloody Ingrate's!

------------------
-You are crazy.
-I thought I was pisces.

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I liked the two parter where Sisko, Bashir and Dax went to the Sanctuary Districts in Earth's past. I can't believe i can't remember the name of the eps.

Anyway, classic Trek! It gave us a commentary on social problems with out bashing us over the head with it. By showing us what our future could be, it gave a warning. Contrast this with "Far Beyond the Stars" where all we got was a "look how terrible we used to be even though it has nothing to do with Trek and we can't do anything to change it" thing. Not only that, but it called into question the very reality of the story we've been listening to all these years.

------------------
"Resolve and thou art free."

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"In the Cards". Best Trek comedy ever. Period.

------------------
Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons; for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Dax
Paradox
Member # 191

Aban: You're thinking "Past Tense". Anyway, I thought "Far Beyond..." was brilliant and is one of my faves. But that's my opinion.

------------------
Dax's Ships of STAR TREK

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps