Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » DS9: The Unsung Episodes (Page 2)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: DS9: The Unsung Episodes
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Are you people NUTS!?! NO one has mentioned - one of the BEST episodes of DS9 ever... "The Quickening" - I'm afraid to watch it again - Incase I spoil it for myself - thats how high in reguard I hold this episode... that final shot... Bashir... the crowd... the baby... *choke*

Season 2 has to be the most underhyped and underappreciated of any season...

just go watch the Trilogy - but start with In the Hands of the Prophets... and watch Cardassians (watch it a few times - and you'll finally get it.) Melora is great too... not to mention Whispers, Armageddon Game, The Collaborator, Shakaar, Blood Oath, The Jem'Hadar, Tribunal, the one with Dr. Mora Pol and The Wire...

------------------
Ralph: Um, Miss Hoover? There's a dog in the vent.
Hoover: Ralph, remember the time you said Snagglepuss was outside?
Ralph: He was going to the bathroom.

Elim Garak
Plain and simple
Member # 14

- posted      Profile for Elim Garak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"Far Beyond the Stars" is highly overrated, IMO. It's a delicate topic that I think Behr and Beimler didn't quite grasp.

*agrees with Omega regarding "In the cards"*

------------------
Elim Garak: "Oh, it's just Garak. Plain, simple Garak. Now, good day to you, Doctor. I'm so glad to have made such an... interesting new friend today." (DS9: "Past Prologue")

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I disagree. It certainly doesn't constitute the alpha and omega of racial issues, but it's a very good episode.

------------------
"And if we weren't good to you, Dave, you shouldn't take it all the way to your grave."
--
Will Rigby

The First One
A lovely little thinker, but a bugger when he's pissed
Member # 35

- posted      Profile for The First One         Edit/Delete Post 
I've always liked "Melora."
Dax
Paradox
Member # 191

- posted      Profile for Dax     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"Crossfire" is another one of my favourites. The bit where Odo smashes up his quarters is most memorable. The following scene with Quark is the icing on the cake.

------------------
"Forgive me if I don't share your euphoria!" (Weyoun to Dukat, Tears of the Prophets)
Dax's Ships of STAR TREK

Elim Garak
Plain and simple
Member # 14

- posted      Profile for Elim Garak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sol: Yes, but I don't think it needs to be given the title of "DS9's Best Episode Ever," either...

Er, Lee... Is that joke, or...?

------------------
Elim Garak: "Oh, it's just Garak. Plain, simple Garak. Now, good day to you, Doctor. I'm so glad to have made such an... interesting new friend today." (DS9: "Past Prologue")

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I like the Maquis story arc in DS9 starting with "The Maquis" parts one and two and ending with Eddington's death. I thought the whole thing was done well considering Sisko's personal involvemnets with members of the Maquis and the closeness of his command to the Maquis actions.

------------------
"Resolve and thou art free."

The First One
Member # 35

Why should it be a joke? We're discussing episodes that don't often get a good press. If you just want to rhapsodise about how good "SofA" was because it had loads of battles, find another thread. Otherwise, get with the program!
Elim Garak
Plain and simple
Member # 14

Lee: I just thought you said before that you hated "Melora"... And I have no intentions of glorifying "SoA".

------------------

The First One
Member # 35

OK. But I DO like Melora. It's got the bird from the Dr. Who movie, and I think the zero-G sequence is cool.
Orion Syndicate
He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty boy!
Member # 25

- posted      Profile for Orion Syndicate     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I haven't seen the previous posts in this thread, and the following episodes have probably already been mentioned, but here's some of my 'unsung' favourites.

Captive Pursuit
Duet
Paradise
The Way of the Warrior
The Visitor
Past Tense
Jem'Hadar
The Quickening
Armageddon Game

(I just looked at the whole thread and saw that most of the above have already been mentioned. I suppose they're not unsung any more.)

------------------
Do business with us, or we'll ruin you.

[This message has been edited by Orion Syndicate (edited November 22, 1999).]

The First One
Member # 35

Woah, Sindiccychops, no need to duck there as the point goes over your head! "The Visitor," "WotW" and "The JH" are all eps that are considered classics, not unsung episodes. . . 8)

OK, here's another challenge: the best Ferengi episode. Considering averyone hates them, it must be possible to come up with one that's really good. I'd go for "Family Business" (which I saw again today; introduces Brunt, Moogie, and sets up a lot of the stuff that came after) or "The Magnificent Ferengi" (mainly for a non-Ferengi in it - IGGY POP!!! The coolest bit of guest casting in 35 years of Trek).

Elim Garak
Plain and simple
Member # 14

I'd say "Little Green Men". If anyone says "Profit and Lace", I'll do something abd to them.

------------------

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"Business as Usual" gets my vote for best Ferengi episode ever. That is, if it counts. It's a Quark episode, and it does have his cousin in it.

------------------
"And if we weren't good to you, Dave, you shouldn't take it all the way to your grave."
--
Will Rigby

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Profit and Lace

seriously - you Americans just DIDN'T GET IT!!!!!! seriously... you really didn't get the joke... It was one of the funniest hours on Trek EVER!

Maybe Behr is English or something... it was so bloody funny... and the whole point of the humour wasn't just the 'Quark in Drag'...

Everyone I've talked to here - in Australia can't understand why all you Americans hate it...

Sluggo COLA! lol!

------------------
Ralph: Um, Miss Hoover? There's a dog in the vent.
Hoover: Ralph, remember the time you said Snagglepuss was outside?
Ralph: He was going to the bathroom.

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps