Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » Casting the next Trek series. (Page 1)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Casting the next Trek series.
Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Rumors are flying about what the next Star Trek project will be, and when. But put all of that aside for a minute. It's three in the morning, and you're sitting in your cushy L.A. bungalow when you hear the phone ring. It's Rick Berman, and he needs a cast for the next series. What do you tell him? Consider the show's setting to be whatever you like. Who do you get?

I'll start things off by one that might actually be possible, and that I'd really like to see: Tony Todd. He's a great actor, he's had Trek expereince, both in makeup and out, and perhaps most important, he's available as far as I know.

------------------
"And give me back my evil heart so I can see you as you are."
--
John Linnell

Michael Dracon
aka: NightWing or Altair
Member # 4

- posted      Profile for Michael Dracon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sarah Silverman (Rain Robinson in Voyager's 'Future's End') is one of my first choices.

I'll see if I can think of some more...

------------------
"Calm may work for Locutus of the Borg here,
but I'm freaked out, and I intend to stay that way!"

- Xander, Buffy the Vampire Slayer

Kosh
Perpetual Member
Member # 167

- posted      Profile for Kosh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd tell him, Rick, call me back when you're sober. You know no ones gonna watch another lame series, let it go for a few years, you greedy SOB.

------------------
WHO ARE YOU

Vortex
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When casting the next series, I'd rather try and figure out which roles needed to be filled first. I'd rather see the new seires on a small ship (Intrepid, possibly Akira, Nebula, or Saber) set in the Alpha/Beta quadrant. I somehow doubt that Rick Berman would survive two weeks of "Flight Acadamy", but another ship series probably wouldn't do very well, either. In any case, I think that the question should be who do we want to see in what roles.

Off the top of my head, I'd like to see Leelee Sobieski (TV's Joan of Arc, "A Soldier's Daughter Never Cries", IIRC "Eyes Wide Shut") as a young scientist or doctor, and Jill Hennessey (TV's Law and Order for a few years, "The Paper", "RoboCop 3") as either First Officer or Operations officer (still to young to be a convincing Captain). Leelee probably wouldn't be available, since she seems to be heading into bigger name movies. Hennessey (at least according to the IMDb) doesn't seem to have done much since leaving Law and Order.

I'll come up with some more later. One character I really want to see is an Animatronic/Muppet/CGI feline character (like the Caitans in the Animated Series!)

IP: Logged
The First One
A lovely little thinker, but a bugger when he's pissed
Member # 35

- posted      Profile for The First One         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually, by now our perceptions of how crap the next series of Trek will be mean that if they DID feature a character that combined the worst traits of Darwin and Jar-Jar, we'd never notice.
Kosh
Perpetual Member
Member # 167

- posted      Profile for Kosh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mesa getting worried over thisa one.

------------------
WHO ARE YOU

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd like to see some of the recurring actors from the past three series. Tony Todd was already mentioned. Also maybe Carolyn Seymour, Suzie Plakson, maybe Marc Alaimo (though he came pretty close to becoming a main character toward the end of DS9). Those are the only ones that come to mind immediately, but I'm sure there are others.

Vortex: The only problem w/ Leelee Sobieski is that she's only 17. I'm afraid she might turn into a Wesley-Crusher-esque character, and that would just plain suck. :-)

------------------
"They gave the ferret a teleprompter!"
-Louie the Lizard, Budweiser commercial

Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Another Trek series already being discussed? Do the VP's at Paramount Studios smell the comming death of Star Trek: Voyager or the comming death of the mult-billion dollar Trek franchise?

But hey, this is just my two francs...

------------------
"...the sky's the limit."

Picard's last words in "All Good Things..."

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Again people, this thread is not about motives behind a new Trek series, or a time period for it, or whether it's all a tool of the Freemasons. Just...who would you like to see as a Star Trek regular? Best case scenerio.

------------------
"And give me back my evil heart so I can see you as you are."
--
John Linnell

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sarah Michelle Gellar
Allison Hannigan
David Borneaze SP?
Seth Green
Xander etc.

heh heh

Star Trek: The Vampire Slayer.

------------------
"Ooh, FASA." - The Shadow, aka Frank G - June 1999

Michael Dracon
aka: NightWing or Altair
Member # 4

- posted      Profile for Michael Dracon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
YEAH!!!

------------------
"Calm may work for Locutus of the Borg here,
but I'm freaked out, and I intend to stay that way!"

- Xander, Buffy the Vampire Slayer

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Or maybe "Buffy the Romulan Slayer"? :-)

------------------

Elim Garak
Plain and simple
Member # 14

- posted      Profile for Elim Garak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tony Todd, for sure. If they find any Genevieve Bujolds, I'll scream.

Casting won't start for another seven months in all likelihood, right?

------------------
Doctor: "Run along. I'll reattach any severed limbs. Just don't misplace them." (Voyager: "The Killing Game")

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

Seven months? They haven't even figured out what the new series is going to be about, much less anything about the characters or the cast...

------------------

Kosh
Perpetual Member
Member # 167

Jack Elam would make an imposeing figure for a captain.

------------------
WHO ARE YOU

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps