Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » Casting the next Trek series. (Page 4)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Casting the next Trek series.
First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
First off, I want to say that I personally believe everybody's jumping the gun here, casting a Trek show while it's existence is barely a gleam in Paramount's eye. I don't buy this "it'll be ready in six months" stuff.

Now, on to business. Since everybody's doing a swell job filling in the "Star" positions, I'm taking a few shots at guest stars.
People I'd like to see appear, but who never will, unless I win the powerball lottery and pay to produce my OWN Star trek show:

Me - a forgotten hero from Earth's past, kept alive through (technobabble), until revived in the far future.

Tori Amos - Between-assignments ship's counselor, becomes intimately involved with a forgotten hero from Earth's past who was recently revived. (Okay, I admit it, I've got a HUGE crush on Tori. So sue me.)
Alternatively, she could play a Risan goddess figure.

Sean Connery - crusty but loveable admiral. I picture him standing alone on the bridge of an embattled Sovreign-class, speaking to our crew from the helm of his doomed vessel.

Robin Williams - A Q... can you imagine? or, another Soong-type android, with an overactive chip. Or an alien that communicates through rapid stream-of-consciousness.

Ah-nold Schwartzenegger - A Breen. (So THAT'S why we can't understand what they're saying...)

That Guy Who Played "Mini-Me" - another envoy from the First Federation; they've been away too long.

------------------
"When we turn our back on our principles, we stop being human." -- Janeway, "Equinox"

Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How about Sarah MacLachlan?

------------------
I can resist anything.......
Except Temptation

Diane
aka Tora Ziyal
Member # 53

- posted      Profile for Diane     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Elim: Yep. He was both the speaking and singing voice of that French chef in Little Mermaid.

------------------
"I would be delighted to offer any advice I can on understanding women. When I have some, I'll let you know."
--Picard to Data, "In Theory"

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
First of Two!!!!!!! another Toriphile!

woohoo!

------------------
"All is full of love, all around you" - Bj�rk

Orion Syndicate
He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty boy!
Member # 25

- posted      Profile for Orion Syndicate     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was considering both Marina and Nicole for the counselor post, but after watching a couple of TNG episodes, I decided that Marina definitely had the edge.

Garak: I don't think you want to know what I was thinking - it's completely unbroadcastable.

------------------
Do business with us, or we'll ruin you.

[This message has been edited by Orion Syndicate (edited July 28, 1999).]

Elim Garak
Plain and simple
Member # 14

- posted      Profile for Elim Garak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ziyal: Oh, he sung for that part, too... Okay...

And Orion: *LOL!*

------------------
Elim Garak: "Oh, it's just Garak. Plain, simple Garak. Now, good day to you, Doctor. I'm so glad to have made such an... interesting new friend today." (DS9: "Past Prologue")

Saiyanman Benjita
...in 2012. This time, why not the worst?
Member # 122

- posted      Profile for Saiyanman Benjita     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Excuse me, did you say sing? Since when was Star Trek based on people who could sing. If that's the case, they should cast me (As I said before). As for Sean Connery, if he wasn't so damn expensive, I think he would make a perfect guest.

------------------
I'll get you for this Gadget!!!! MEEEEE-ROWWRRRR.

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Since when I Trek based on singing, you ask? I would refer you to any epsiode in the last two seasons of DS9 involving the character of Vic Fontaine... :-)

------------------
"Merde!"
-commander of Napoleon's army, upon learning that the Duke of Wellington's forces had received assistance and were requesting his surrender

Kosh
Perpetual Member
Member # 167

- posted      Profile for Kosh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Some time after the Zena musical, we started writing songs for DS9 the musical.

It was at the end of season six. Mine was about Worf killing Dukat, for killing Jadzia.

------------------
WHO ARE YOU?

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*is feeling tempted to repost the Trek rock operas* *grin*

------------------
"Essentially, a great rock in space."
-Spock, describing the Regula planetoid, Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Only if you actually write the lyrics too.

------------------
"Have you ever seen a bloody egg? Glass in hand, laying up in bed?"
--
They Might Be Giants

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

Not likely... :-)

------------------
"Essentially, a great rock in space."
-Spock, describing the Regula planetoid, Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan

Michael Dracon
aka: NightWing or Altair
Member # 4

- posted      Profile for Michael Dracon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Brendan Fraser as a captain!!!

*looks at last few posts*

We're talking music now?
Okay. I'd like to hear Nicole deBoer sing.

------------------
"Calm may work for Locutus of the Borg here,
but I'm freaked out, and I intend to stay that way!"

- Xander, Buffy the Vampire Slayer

Saiyanman Benjita
...in 2012. This time, why not the worst?
Member # 122

- posted      Profile for Saiyanman Benjita     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Altair: You've got to be kidding me. "Encino Man???" That's as bad as casting Keaneau Reeves in "Speed" (I stick to my ideals that it would've been a good movie, be it not for Reeves)

------------------
Right, cheers, thanks a lot-Patsy Stone "Ab-Fab"

Michael Dracon
aka: NightWing or Altair
Member # 4

- posted      Profile for Michael Dracon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It was meant as a joke, although he was very good (and serious) in 'The Mummy'.

------------------
"Calm may work for Locutus of the Borg here,
but I'm freaked out, and I intend to stay that way!"

- Xander, Buffy the Vampire Slayer

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps