Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » Voyager Companion? (Page 1)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Voyager Companion?
Veers
You first
Member # 661

- posted      Profile for Veers         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is there any news on a Voyager Companion? I liked the DS9 one a lot, and I'm just wondering if they'll do one for Voyager.

--------------------
Meh

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Last I heard, Sternbach wanted to do one, but Pocket Books said no. . .

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Masao
doesn't like you either
Member # 232

- posted      Profile for Masao     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If they do a companion, I hope the show's writers and producers honestly assess what was good and bad about each episode and about the show. I'm reading the DS9 companion now, and it's nice to know they don't think everything was great, but just misunderstood by the great unwashed public. Of course, the creative fatigue that seems to have overcome Voyager might be depressing to read about.
The Defiant
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Voyager had good moments, but a lot of the stories were a rehash of stuff in TNG and TOS and DS9. In others writers were just lazy. And some junk couldn't be considered Star Trek. I'd just like to hear about the Intrepid Class and Voyager, and if it talked about how many actors considered leaving and how much they hated the scripts. [Wink] You know why Harry wasn't promoted? It was because Garrett Wang had a fight with B&B and that was there way of punishing him, keeping him and Ensign and all. See, if you just think and make up junk everything could be explained. [Razz]

[ May 27, 2002, 19:36: Message edited by: The Defiant ]

IP: Logged
Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
WTF are you talking about? Reply to people either in the particular thread, or through PM.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lee, I think you're thinking of Sternbach's proposed Voyager tech manual. The companions were usually written by non-tech people, as befits their nature.
The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There's indeed one in the works.

--------------------
"I was surprised by the matter-of-factness of Kafka's narration, and the subtle humor present as a result." (Sizer 2005)

Lee
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, yeah. Oops. It was the "Companion" bit that threw me, I'm still stuck back in the days when they called them "Compendiums."

--------------------

Veers
You first
Member # 661

- posted      Profile for Veers         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Looks like we'll have to wait until March 2003. Didn't the DS9 Companion come out in 2000, just a year after the actual series ended?

--------------------
Meh

Lee
Member # 393

No, I'm pretty certain it came out in early 2001. At least that's when I got mine, and it was fairly new then. . .

--------------------

Joe Siegler
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The DS9 companion book was one major kick ass book.

I was always hoping they'd do one for Voyager in the same way they did the DS9 one.

[ June 11, 2002, 11:33: Message edited by: Joe Siegler ]

IP: Logged
Dat
Huh?
Member # 302

- posted      Profile for Dat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, let me be the first to say, "Welcome to the forums, Joe" So post your views and add to the threads. Start some yourself if you wish. Don't come off like idiots like a few other newbies have and try to have fun. And the threads often go off topic, so just go with the flow and don't get frustrated. You can steer it back on topic if you like, or like I said, just go with the flow instead.

--------------------
Is it Friday yet?

iam2xtreme
Member # 836

- posted      Profile for iam2xtreme         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
the ds9 companion was excellent, the best part being the art from john eaves that it showcased. unfortunately the voyager one is being wrote by someone else.

--------------------
"Marge, trying is the first step towards failure!!" Homer

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, just so long as its being wrote and not written, we should be okay.
capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
why are we attracting so many newbies all of a sudden?
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps