Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » Voyager Companion? (Page 2)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Voyager Companion?
Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's just that time of year.

Lock and load. Shoot to kill.

[ June 14, 2002, 13:19: Message edited by: Snay ]

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
online pheromones

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Because we are good? And not a collection of mouth-breathing elitist geeks who huddle around their pristine collection of commerative editions of children's toys, our fetid breath fogging over our too-thick glasses as we applaud each other for being so terribly cool that we don't need to bother with other human beings at all?
The BWC
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

[ July 15, 2002, 16:28: Message edited by: Ed BWC ]

IP: Logged
The BWC
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Or post threads about 'Oh, wow. _insert name here_ is better than I thought' for every fuckin episode/movie/Fanfic/ect. thing?

Sorry. This is what I mean^

[ June 14, 2002, 16:47: Message edited by: The BWC ]

IP: Logged
Dat
Huh?
Member # 302

- posted      Profile for Dat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
BWC, why are you even replying to yourself with your own quote and not even adding anything new or otherwise correcting something? [Roll Eyes] [Mad] [Eek!] [Confused]

--------------------
Is it Friday yet?

Jack_Crusher
Member # 696

- posted      Profile for Jack_Crusher     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Let's just pray to whatever diety that they don't release a VOY tech manual that would be filled with more confusing and unnecessary treknobabble than the DS9 tech manual articles on replicators and the TNG tech manula on tranporters.

--------------------
Fry- How will we get out of this?
George Takei's head- Maybe we can use some kind of auto-destruct code like one-A, two-B, three-C...
(Bender's head blows up)
Bender- Now everybody knows!
-Futurama's obligatory Star Trek episode

Treknophyle
Member # 509

- posted      Profile for Treknophyle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dunno. I doubt we need another Tech manual - there wasn't that much new tech in Voyager, seeing that Ent-D was still up and running when she left the A Quadrant.

Besides, there were so many holes in the DS9 TM.

And it would probably open a whole new genre in the eyes of TPTB. Can you imagine:
- Prometheus TM (comes in 3 detachable chapters...)
- Dauntless TM (forgery)
- Nova TM (verrrry small book)
- They'd be pumping them out each and every episode - for any new ship - or alien race.

Of course, I'm a fine one to talk with all of MY projects...

--------------------
'One man's theology is another man's belly laugh.' - Lazarus Long

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I believe Sternbach's concept for the Voyager "tech manual" was along the lines of a hastily written manual for dealing with Voyager's specific concerns, engineering and otherwise, and would probably have been quite interesting.
Treknophyle
Member # 509

- posted      Profile for Treknophyle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That I could handle - say a glossy magazine with high end graphics on technology they've reverse-engineered, or adapted - plus layout of the specific vessel.

Hell, that I could handle...

--------------------

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

I think it was still going to be a nice thick trade paperback, though.

Well, probably. As I recall these were just some ideas Sternbach threw out on his late, lamented Paramount newsgroup.

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Sol System:
And not a collection of mouth-breathing elitist geeks who huddle around their pristine collection of commerative editions of children's toys...

Hey! They're not pristine!

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Treknophyle
Member # 509

Interesting sideline here... (to me anyway).

The first time I ran into the word "pristine" was in a Diane Duane ST novel, and was to describe the hull of the Enterprise.

--------------------

Masao
doesn't like you either
Member # 232

- posted      Profile for Masao     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
According to this Las Vegas con report ( http://www.startrek.com/news/news.asp?ID=125337 ) a Star Trek: Voyager companion is coming out in March.

--------------------
When you're in the Sol system, come visit the Starfleet Museum

Veers
You first
Member # 661

- posted      Profile for Veers         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good. That answers my question finally...but I am a bit surprised about the new TNG Companion. I guess they can make it thicker and more detailed.

--------------------
Meh

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps