Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » Voyager Companion? (Page 4)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Voyager Companion?
Austin Powers
Slightly warped
Member # 250

- posted      Profile for Austin Powers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Originally posted by Free ThoughtCrime America:
quote:
Eh? Where is this?
I hope you are being sarcastic. If not, it's the US of course. Just watch the credits in a movie or look in the phone book.
It looks so silly, "George Smith III", "Anna Hill IV" and so on. Haven't seen that anywhere else.
But I guess it's just another way of Americans showing the rest of the world: "Hey look, we are better than you because we are sooo special."

We who happen to be so unlucky that we are not blessed with the holy right to call ourselves US citizens could reply "You are just not creative enough to think of a new name for your offspring!"

And don't get me wrong. I don't have hard feelings towards Americans in general. But at the moment I can't help but feel a little discomforted (and even angry) because of how the U.S. are behaving. I think you know what I am talking about. Thank G.W.B for that.

--------------------
Lister: Don't give me the "Star Trek" crap! It's too early in the morning.
- Red Dwarf "The Last Day"

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey, WE'RE not the country whose allowing their weapons-grade uranium to be smuggled into Iraq.

Now let's all settle down and go back to talking about the V'Ger Companion before this gets sent to the Flameboard.

--------------------
"The best defense is not a good offense. The best defense is a terrifyingly accurate and devastatingly powerful offense, with multiply-overlapping kill zones and time-on-target artillery strikes." -- Laurence, Archangel of the Sword

Veers
You first
Member # 661

- posted      Profile for Veers         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, since Unseen Frontier's probably been cancelled (sigh), it looks like this is the only Star Trek book I'll be buying for a while. That is, if this one is not cancelled.

--------------------
Meh

Austin Powers
Slightly warped
Member # 250

- posted      Profile for Austin Powers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok, sorry, my comments might have been quite harsh. Will keep my critisisms to myself in the future.

About the Voy Companion. That's not really a book I care about. But not to publish U.F. is a real shame. They should scrap some of those dreadfully boring novels instead.
U.F. could become a real smash. But as happens so often we will never get to see it - at least not in this life...

--------------------
Lister: Don't give me the "Star Trek" crap! It's too early in the morning.
- Red Dwarf "The Last Day"

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps