Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » ST VI with Saavik? (Page 2)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: ST VI with Saavik?
PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by EdipisReks:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Vogon Poet:
Alley had already been replaced for star trek III, so i couldn't imagine them breaking continuity again by hiring her for star trek VI.

Because having a character be played by one actor, then having that actor change, and change back, HAS NEVER HAPPENED IN STAR TREK OR DEXTER'S LABORATORY EVER IN LIFE OR TIME!

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Mucus
Member # 24

- posted      Profile for Mucus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wait. Brief brain fart.
It happened in ST?

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I feel like it has, but I can't put my finger on where...
Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Off the top of my head, probably with one of the guest Klingons or guest Romulans or guest who-the-fuck-evers.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think someone here has a text file of a very early script for Star Trek VI. I read it not to long ago, and the version I read (if we assume that it was an authentic early draft) had Saavik in it. Kinda. It was Valeris's character with Saavik's name but none of Saavik's background.
Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Borg queen springs to mind.
Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How about Tora Ziyal and Alexander?
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I believe to have a character played by one person - then another then back to the original actor has happened only once in Trek. The Borg Queen.

It happened with Becky in Rosanne.

Alexander progressed to different actors... ok barring the 'future' Alexander in season 7, cause the Brian Bonsall Alexander was still there.

Tora Ziyal just had three different actresses - one after the other.

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Spike
Pathetic Vampire
Member # 322

- posted      Profile for Spike     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Spock beats them all. He was first played by Leonard Nimoy, then by Carl Steven, then by Vadia Potenza, then by Stephen Manley, then by Joe W. Davis, and finally by Leonard Nimoy again. [Big Grin]

--------------------
"Never give up. And never, under any circumstances, no matter what - never face the facts." - Ruth Gordon

The Red Admiral
Admiral on Deck....
Member # 602

- posted      Profile for The Red Admiral     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Spock aging during ST III I guess you mean, but in that special circumstance I don't think it should count.

quote:
4. That Saavik was supposed to be carrying Spock's child and that was why she was staying behind on Vulcan in Star Trek: IV.
That much is certainly true, scenes regarding this were even filmed. Once such scene that was cut involved Saavik explaining to Kirk that she would not be joining them on their trip to Earth, but was staying behind on Vulcan with Spock's mother to take maternity leave. It was the whole reason behind Saavik even being in STIV in the first place.

--------------------
"To the Enterprise and the Stargazer. Old girlfriends we'll never meet again." - Scotty

Trekmania -My Comprehensive Trek Resource

The ASDB

Obi Juan
Who's your master?
Member # 90

- posted      Profile for Obi Juan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Vogon Poet:
I think the same rumour was mentioned in Shatner's Star Trek Movie Memories

I remember reading it there too. He also mentioned that when Alley proved to be too expensive, they were considering casting Kim Caitral as Saavik (she had be originally been considered for the role in STII), but decided that it was probably not the brightest idea to recast again.

As I remember, he made no mention of Robin Curtis. I wonder if she was unavailable or just sucked too much for them to allow her on-screen again (until TNG anyway).

quote:
Originally posted by Topher:
I seem to recall reading somewhere that Saavik was intended for that role, but that she was too popular with the fans or something like that.

Shatner also mentioned that Gene Roddenberry wrote a deluge of angry memos protesting using Saavik as a traitor because she was too beloved by fans. Shatner notes this as ironic because supposedly Gene opposed the creation of Saavik in the first place.

--------------------
"Existence is random. Has no pattern save what we imagine after staring at it too long. No meaning save what we choose to impose. This rudderless world is not shaped by vague metaphysical forces. It is not God who kills the children. Not fate that butchers them or destiny that feeds them to the dogs. It?s us. Only us."
Rorschach

Starship Millennium
Member # 822

- posted      Profile for Starship Millennium     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yep... Meyer and Roddenberry apparently got quite pissy in their arguments:

http://www.filmfrontier.com/films/trek06/prod1.htm

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm sorry and in all respect to Gene, but to cut a quarter hour of the more 'militaristic scenes' would have ruined the film. The Film is the best of them all - really. Even over Kahn. Gene didn't want Spock on TNG - Spock WORKED on TNG. I guess Gene was just wanting to maintain his vision. That vision is still there - it's just stretched a little. I guess he wasn't always correct. (Of Course) but he had this fantastic vision of the Future. And if anything - The Next Generation kept that spirit alive.

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Are we suppossed to salute now?

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

The Red Admiral
Admiral on Deck....
Member # 602

- posted      Profile for The Red Admiral     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
True indeed. One of the main problem with TMP was Roddenberry constantly interfering. It was said by Harold Livingston (whilst working on TMP) that "Gene Roddenberry had a great story mind, but was terrible at writing scripts". Paramount Execs called Gene's rewrites for TMP as 'shit'.

--------------------
"To the Enterprise and the Stargazer. Old girlfriends we'll never meet again." - Scotty

Trekmania -My Comprehensive Trek Resource

The ASDB

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps