Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » (No $$) Nemesis has tanked... (Page 2)

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: (No $$) Nemesis has tanked...
Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Because big-assed Jennifer Lopez is in it, probably.
akb1979
Just loves those smilies!
Member # 557

- posted      Profile for akb1979     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Veers:
I think Final Frontier made more than Nemesis will make.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

[Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

--------------------
If you cant convince them, confuse them.

Kosh
Perpetual Member
Member # 167

- posted      Profile for Kosh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Number X's ticket sales dropped 72%, from what I'm hearing. It may well be the first Trek film not to make it's money back in the domestic market.

It is the first Trek film that I haven't gone to see in the first week, and only the second that I didn't see on the first day of release. Right now, I have no plans to se it at a theater.

--------------------
Sparky::
Think!
Question Authority, Authoritatively.
“Believe nothing of what you hear, and only half of what you see.”
EMSparks

Shalamar:
To save face, keep lower half shut.

Wes
Over 20 years here? Holy cow.
Member # 212

- posted      Profile for Wes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
People are fucking stupid. This is a good movie. Period. I hate to fucking see people who call themsevles fans say they "arnt going to see it". Makes me fucking sick.

And even if this one does 'flop', look at Star Trek V. Well, actually, look what came AFTER Star Trek V, Star Trek VI! One of the best Star Trek films came out only a few years after the worst one!

MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Nemesis" has not tanked yet. Even *I* haven't gone to see it yet -- I saw "The Two Towers" first.

Frankly, though I do want to see "Nemesis" in the theaters, I wasn't as eager to see it as LOTR, and so I'm waiting.

Maybe this nose dive will help convince those idiots in charge that they're running Trek into the ground? Because (1) Pitting a Trek movie against three heavy hitters (Bond, Harry Potter, and Two Towers) is not a good idea, and (2) people just aren't as interested these days.

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov
Star Trek Minutiae | Memory Alpha

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well serves themselves right for releasing a movie in the face of several other similar-genre movies. Big movies. Now I know why it was delayed in Australia until January. And I heard a rumour - even longer.

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Evolved
Member # 389

- posted      Profile for Evolved     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Proteus:
This is a good movie. Period.

What exactly is your definition of "good," Proteus? I won't post any details as this thread is labeled "no spoilers," but I'll just state that I was not as impressed with this movie as I had hoped. To quote a man who watched the same showing as I did, "It's not the first one they made, and it's not the best one, either."

One lady even commented, "I almost fell asleep watching that movie."

On the lighter side, there was a woman sitting behind me who kept asking her partner, "What's he going to do, now?" at certain points...followed by "Oh my!"

NOTE: Perhaps the audience's less-than-enthusiastic response to the film had to do with the 15(!) minutes of junk they showed at the beginning like Lego commercials and previews for quite too many action movies...

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ace:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Proteus:

NOTE: Perhaps the audience's less-than-enthusiastic response to the film had to do with the 15(!) minutes of junk they showed at the beginning like Lego commercials and previews for quite too many action movies...

Trailers and adverts are the best part of any cinema going experience. Fact.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Such a statement threatens the future of your immortal soul.

Though I don't mind the previews, myself.

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't mind when they show two, or maybe three if they're short. But, these days, fifteen minutes literally is about how long the previews last.
Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I saw the movie at the openning day with a casual Trek viewer and both of us didn't like it. I didn't feel anything for the movie except when the Enterprise crashed into that other ship. This movie has no soul... even The Final Frontier had a soul when I watch it. I can't even think about buying this movie on DVD. Some people said that it has elements of Star Trek 2 in it. Fine. I don't mind that as long as it is executed well. I personally don't think the movie was executed well.

--------------------
"It speaks to some basic human needs: that there is a tomorrow, it's not all going to be over with a big splash and a bomb, that the human race is improving, that we have things to be proud of as humans."
-Gene Roddenberry about Star Trek

Wes
Over 20 years here? Holy cow.
Member # 212

- posted      Profile for Wes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey you bunch of clown boats...

I said GOOD. PERIOD. YOUR OPINION MATTERS NOT!

Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I rather like the trailer for Warcraft III, the first time I saw it I thought it was an actual movie and not a PC game. Then I thought it'd make a bad-ass movie based on that level of CGI. Although if they ever did that, people would just call it a LOTR ripoff.

--------------------
I'm slightly annoyed at Hobbes' rather rude decision to be much more attractive than me though. That's just rude. - PsyLiam, Oct 27, 2005.

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by TSN:
I don't mind when they show two, or maybe three if they're short. But, these days, fifteen minutes literally is about how long the previews last.

I like it when there's lots of trailers. It's really cool to get a look at a wide array of upcoming films, even if they're not ones you'd necessarily want to see when they actually come out. (My hat is off to the folks who assemble/edit trailers and teasers. It's amazing how they can make even what may turn out to be the worst movie look really good.) The trailers are sort of a tradition, too. That used to be even more of a big part of the cinema experience before TV advertising came about.

Plus, that extra wait causes you to get even MORE excited about the picture you're about to see. [Smile]

-MMoM [Big Grin]

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Also, trailers contain all the good bits of really bad films, so that you don't have to see them. Which is probably good.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps