Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » First Contacts in TNG, via Picard, et al. (Page 3)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: First Contacts in TNG, via Picard, et al.
Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It is, however, still good to pick on board vets.

Right Might Monkey "Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope: The DVD extended super special edition" Mim? [Big Grin]

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As you will. [Big Grin]
Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

- posted      Profile for Gvsualan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Snay:
quote:
5 The Big Goodbye: Jarada
No. Remember all the references to the "disasterous first contact" that happened a number of years before?
True, though I suppose that on the same note, counting this and his successful Tamarian encounter as the first successful contact with those species has to count just as important as a first contact, if not, more.

The Dauphin: Both Anya and Salia.
That wasn't a first contact from the impression I got from recently watching the episode. True, they didnt know that they were shapeshifters, but they did know a lot which would seem to indicate that already had previous contact with these people. Also, regarding "they did it on Voyager"...Janeway was in all relavence (except the actual direct meaning of the word) a whore; in terms of doing anything for anyone if she knew that it would help out her ship and get her home faster. Perhaps a nicer word for that is "opportunist", but I still say she was the former as well. [Big Grin]

--------------------
Hey, it only took 13 years for me to figure out my password...

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Everyone has to learn the ropes somehow. We were all newbies once, just remember that.

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Are you all going to stop talking about flaming each other now, or am I just going to have to force the issue?

And don't explicitly answer that. Just stop.

Wes
Over 20 years here? Holy cow.
Member # 212

- posted      Profile for Wes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Vogon Poet:
So tell me then, Twatfeatures Girl, why not post this in whatever tedious thread your anal-retentive little subject was in? Better still, why not just do what all self-important newbie dorks round here eventually do, and fuck off back to whatever malodorous little shithole spawned you?

And, I'll say it again, as we so often have (maybe you'll get the message one day): shut up, Wesley!

No, seriously, he made an effort to compile this list and you come in saying "your point?". Just sounded rude to me.

I appologize if pointing it out upset you. I'll try to express my opinion on the behaviour of my fellow Flare members more politely in the future. Thanks for being mature about it. I know some people whould resort to name calling and telling me to shutup if I made such a comment.

Anyway, back on subject: What about trek movies? Do the Baku count? It was sortof a half-first contact.

Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

- posted      Profile for Gvsualan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
$
$
$
$
$
$
$
$
$
$
$
$
$
$
$
$
$
$
$
$
$
$
I wonder about the Remans...I know "Nemesis" kinda took the Romulan aspect into new realms, but I wonder if or when first contact was ever made with the Remans in the same matter. I mean I know Starfleet has its intellegence about them and Shinzon (probably from Koval from DS9, maybe??), but I wonder if they ever fought side by side with Remans or if the Remans were used just to protect Romulan space?

--------------------

Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

K, I updated the introduction to this post to make EVERYONE here happy [Smile]

--------------------

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Futurama Guy:
quote:
Attached - the Pritt
no, the Kes-pritt were attempting to apply for federation membership.
quote:
Ahhh but they had only met with the Kes, never the xenophobic Pritt.

I thought was the impression they were the same race, and only different as far as political entities. The rest of your justifications are somewhat vague.

Vague - this whole thing is vague - the answers are all going to be vague.

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nemesis spoilers:

s

p

o

i

l

e

r

s

p

a

c

e

I was thinking, the race that the Enterprise crew meets on the surface of that planet that has B4 on it... were pre-industrial or something - at least non-warp.

1. Would that be a sorta first contact
2. Everyone complains about the 'dune-buggies' I would assume they HAD to use such tecnology - cause they had to use it on a place with Similar tech. Wheels not antigrav etc.

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

I think its a first contact with a spieces, but not a "diplomatic" first contact

--------------------

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*continued Nemesis Spoilers*

Where'd you get the idea that they were non-warp? I see no indication in the film either way.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
INT. ENTERPRISE BRIDGE

Kolarus III is on the viewscreen, the ion storm raging beyond it.

GEORDI
I read six distinct positronic signatures, spread out over a few
kilometers on the surface.

PICARD
What do we know about the population?

DATA
Isolated pockets of humanoids. It appears to be a pre-warp
civilization at an early stage of industrial development.

GEORDI
Captain, I don't recommend transporting, that ion storm doesn't look
very neighborly. It could head this way without much warning .

-MMoM [Big Grin]

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
and if posting the actual script doesnt constitute spoilers, then what does?
Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

...perhaps linking it to a website with a pirated copy of the movie might qualify. [Wink]
$
$
$
Wasn't the tank they had an old post-WWII Sherman or something?

--------------------

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps