Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » TV Land Awards (Page 2)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: TV Land Awards
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What's that?
Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

- posted      Profile for Gvsualan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
think he means wil wheaton

--------------------
Hey, it only took 13 years for me to figure out my password...

Dat
Huh?
Member # 302

- posted      Profile for Dat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
IIRC, Wil doesn't care that much about it as he later says he finds Shatner to be very funny.

--------------------
Is it Friday yet?

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wheaton has a thick skin for that kind of thing.
You'd have to to tolerate some of the treatment he's gotten from the "fans". [Roll Eyes]
I really give Will bigtime credit....and his role and acting was soooo much more inspired than Voyager's "Echeb" character. [Wink]

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

- posted      Profile for Gvsualan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wes got a lot better after he pulled his nose out of commander rikers ass, by about the 3rd season.

--------------------

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No I know he meant Wesley - what are you referring to though? What was the snub?

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Dat
Huh?
Member # 302

- posted      Profile for Dat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They were at a convention getting ready to sit down and sign autographs. Wil says "hi" to the rest of the Trek actors there who returns the favor... except Shatner who doesn't even look up but instead says "let's get on with this" or "let's get this over with" and tells Wil to sit down. Or something along those lines. I think the whole story might still be in archives on Wil's website.

--------------------
Is it Friday yet?

Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

Thats funny, I never got that impression from Shatner based on what I've seen of him on tv. Im an avid fan of Late Night w/ Conan O'Brien and Shatner is on there ofter and he always comes across and a jovial individual, not to mention the effort he is willing to put into STV long after the fact seems to go above and beyond the norm. Then again, hes on tv so its all an act...

--------------------

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

Shatner probably has spent too long on the net and just jumped on the "I hate Wesley" band-wagon. I mean some the people people out there that harp about him. Geez. Don't like Wesley - who cares. Alt.wesley.die.die.die hmmmm. [Roll Eyes]

--------------------

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Um, yeah. William Shatner is surely among the technoelite. Yes yes.

Actually, I think I recall reading on the frighteningly interesting wilwheaton.net that the two had since made up, or otherwise clarified and rectified the situation.

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

I WAS joking. I don't get it though... what happened - He just didn't say hello? Maybe he didn't know who he was? Maybe Shatner was at the end of the line and was waiting for Wesley to sit down. Maybe he didn't hear him?

--------------------

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Shock!

A year ago, perhaps longer, perhaps not. William Shatner was on the Craig Kilborn late night entertainment talk show on one of the network broadcasting stations. CBS? Yes, I think it was.

Anyway, he's talking and talking and Priceline.com this, and "I fake write books" that, and Priceline.com this. Because, this is years ago, mind you, and Priceline.com was in it's infancy.

So, he's talking and talking and wasting all the hot air that could be used to make children balloons of puppies and giraffes, and then he proceeds to tell this story.

THIS ONE . HERE> CLICK ON TEH LINAK1.

Anyway. He's all "This happened to me, really."

And I'm all: "You're on the TV, and you are part of the superculture revolution of the late 1960's, and you are worshipped by the fattest, whitest men in the whole planet, and yet, you have no anecdotes about Spock or Nerds or Spock Nerds or just fun Hollywood rambunctiousness?

No, you don't, Mr. S, you have to tell an Urban Legend to entertain people. You are a fraud, and I doubt even your books are written by you.

PS: The site seems to claim that "In July 2000, William Shatner managed to move the legend to a new late-night talk show by telling host Conan O'Brien the incident had happened to his co-author," but I know this to be false. It was Craig Kilborn, and it was not his co-author, but him. Perhaps the rabbit was his co-author's rabbit, or even his co-author himself, and maybe he said it twice, once to both Kilborn and O'Brien, and if he did, it's like, he is the least creative person in the field of creativeness.

Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

Holy shit man, are you tripping?? That is the most discombobulated thing I have ever heard.....

--------------------

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bunnies ARE soft!

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
FG: It made perfect sense. And he always talks like that.
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps