Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » "Nemisis" DVD ? (Page 3)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: "Nemisis" DVD ?
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Script-wise, what the hell did Wesley's speach consist of?

Also, for those that read a "spoiler" online script of Nemesis, what were the duffrences?
Anything signifigant?

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

- posted      Profile for Gvsualan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I dunno, the one version I found didn't have wesley in it, but it had Leah Brahms in it as Geordi's girlfriend....

Then a lot of what has been previously mentioned before...like the drinking the chateau picard together and something about an female Andorian Ops officer who meets the new XO Madden (was this in the deleted footage? i dont have the dvd).

I noticed this:

BEVERLY
I'm so glad you made it back to the Enterprise before I left.

WORF
I was not suited for the life of a ... diplomat.

BEVERLY
(wry)
Who'd have guessed?

And again, a whole bunch of other stuff that has been dicussed before or that may have been possibly included in the 7 deleted scenes...

--------------------
Hey, it only took 13 years for me to figure out my password...

Phoenix
Member # 966

- posted      Profile for Phoenix     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I for one am immensely glad they dropped the Worf bit. Going Targ hunting and drinking Blood Wine with Chancellor Martok would be just the life he would want, in my opinion.

Attempting to ignore his previously demonstrated character in favour of a cheap trick to get him on the Enterprise is not a very good thing to do.

And he can't be Enterprise's Tactical Officer again because he's still wearing red. [Smile]

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah. That'd be as crazy as Spock wearing command white while still being science officer.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
worf filled that position wearing red in season one episodes.. it wasnt until he was made security chief that he wore yellow..

perhaps the tactical post and security chief arent as intertwined as weve always assumed..

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd just like to say that the Nemesis DVD has the worst Director's Commentary ever. The guy doesn't talk much at all, and when he does, he's WHISPERING WHILE MUMBLING. Barely audibly! What, is he afraid he'll piss off the air molecules in the recording room?! Augh!

This is to say nothing of content, which simply proves that he knows nothing of Star Trek, and is reluctant to tell us anything of the production. They really, REALLY should have had Logan in there, or Berman, or ANYONE who knows somethign of the movie. The only worse commentary I can think of right now is anything by Paul Verhoven, which basically limits itself to telling you the story as it happens. Thanks, Paramount, for the most pointless extra on any of your DVDs ever.

Augh!

Mark <--- pissed

Mark <--- MORE pissed that they'll make a SP ED release after all that remedies these problems, I'm sure.

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

- posted      Profile for Gvsualan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Okay, I just bought the WS version at WalMarts for like $14.25US...I haven't opened it yet, is it worth it or should I just rent it and tape it and pray for something better on down the line?

--------------------
Hey, it only took 13 years for me to figure out my password...

Wraith
Zen Riot Activist
Member # 779

- posted      Profile for Wraith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I'd just like to say that the Nemesis DVD has the worst Director's Commentary ever. The guy doesn't talk much at all, and when he does, he's WHISPERING WHILE MUMBLING. Barely audibly! What, is he afraid he'll piss off the air molecules in the recording room?! Augh!

Well, those air molecules can get awfully testy, y'know...

The commentaries on DVDs are probably the one special feature whose quality varies the most on DVDs. Some are excellent and the directors/actors are funny, entertaining and informative at the same time. Others are just boring or pointless.

--------------------
"I am an almost extinct breed, an old-fashioned gentleman, which means I can be a cast-iron son-of-a-bitch when it suits me." --Jubal Harshaw

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps