Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » Movie Timeline (Page 2)

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: Movie Timeline
Dat
Huh?
Member # 302

- posted      Profile for Dat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As I recall, his undershirt did not have any rank pin, only the badge.

--------------------
Is it Friday yet?

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In the Nexus, he was in the past at a point when he had retired. So the clothing he's wearing can't be part of that fantasy, or he wouldn't even be in uniform. So what he's wearing is just what he was wearing when the Ent B got ripped open and he got pulled into the Nexus. And he was definitely a Captain (retired) in rank on the bridge of the Ent. B.
Dat
Huh?
Member # 302

- posted      Profile for Dat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, he was in full uniform with the badge and captain's rank pin, but in the nexus, he had the jacket off, but he still was wearing his badge. Fortunately, there was no rank pin to be seen anywhere.

--------------------
Is it Friday yet?

Spike
Pathetic Vampire
Member # 322

- posted      Profile for Spike     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
he evidently came back as a full admiral
Huh? He never made it past Rear Admiral.

--------------------
"Never give up. And never, under any circumstances, no matter what - never face the facts." - Ruth Gordon

Wes
Over 20 years here? Holy cow.
Member # 212

- posted      Profile for Wes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I found this graphic in an old directory of mine. I added Nemesis. I have no clue what I was going to do with it, but here it is.

-

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It feels somehow wrong to regard the Enterprise-E as 10 years old already...
Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

- posted      Profile for Gvsualan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's 8 years old! Same as the E-D at the end of TNG.

--------------------
Hey, it only took 13 years for me to figure out my password...

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I could be losing my mind here, but wasn't Insurrection set in '74?

And it IS a little disconcerting to think they've been on the E-E longer than on the E-D...

--------------------
".mirrorS arE morE fuN thaN televisioN" - TEH PNIK FLAMIGNO

Wes
Member # 212

- posted      Profile for Wes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
lets see. TNG lasted 7 years - the TNG films including the Enterprise-E have been 'around' from 1996 - Present, about 8 years.
Bond, James Bond
Member # 1127

- posted      Profile for Bond, James Bond     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Your timeline is a bit off.

TMP - 2271

TWoK - 2285

TSfS - 2285

TVH - 2286

TFF - 2286

TUC - 2293

Generations - 2293 / 2371

First Contact - 2063 / 2373

Insurrection - 2375

Nemesis - 2379

TMP was 18 months after the NCC-1701 returned from her five year mission.

TWoK and TSfS take place within weeks of eachother. TVH is a few months later, possibly into 2286. TFF is sometime soon after that because Scotty makes reference to the comment Kirk made in TVH about "seeing what she's got" implying they are fairly close in time.

--------------------
"You must talk to him; tell him that he is a good cat, and a pretty cat, and..." -- Data
"I will feed him" -- Worf (Phantasms)

Wes
Member # 212

14 years between TMP and TWoK? I don�t know man, doesn�t really make since to me. Our characters certainly didn�t age that much.

The Enterprise-B launched later in the year the Enterprise-A was decommissioned I can see.

TWoK and TSfS taking place within the same year works, with TSfS ending in late 2285.

An additional 7 years between TFF and TUC i find hard to believe though. The characters just don�t age that much. Especially since the movies were only filmed 24 to 30 months apart.

Let�s look at the original crew as they age. We get movies released in the following years:

1979 TMP
1982 TWoK
1984 TSfS
1986 TVH
1989 TFF
1991 TUC
1994 GEN

15 years. My timeline assumes 17, which is pretty close, but 22 is a bit out there.

I guess we can explain it away with �modern medical science� of the future. But damnit, that�s the easy way out!

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As to the age of the Ent E and how long they've been aboard, keep in mind that the E-E was already a year out of spacedock during the events of FC. Presumably the Picard crew was aboard the whole time.
J
Member # 608

- posted      Profile for J     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I always thought that 5 was in the 2290s.

--------------------
Later, J
_ _ _ _ _ ___ _ _ _ _ _
The Last Person to post in the late Voyager Forum. Bashing both Voyager, Enterprise, and "The Bun" in one glorious post.

[email protected]
http://webj.cjb.net

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
TMP, which takes place 2.5 years after the end of Kirk's 5 year mission, was cited as being in 2271 by the Chronology and other "official" works because Okuda was going with the assumption that Kirk's mission ended in 2269. However, since the last update to that book, a line in "Icheb" (VGR) revealed that the mission actually ended in 2270, meaning TMP actually occurs in 2273.

Meaning that Decker's line about the Voyager VI being launched "more than 300 years ago" is bunk. But oh well...

TWOK probably takes place in 2283, because IIRC the intention of the production staff was to have that be Kirk's 50th birthday at the beginning. Furthermore, that matches better with the continuous "15 years" references to how long after the original "Space Seed" the film occurred.

Seriously, I've got some pesky real-life things to attend to at the moment, but later today I'll post a complete run-down on movie dates based on indicators within the movies themselves and how it compares to the oft-cited "official" version. Get back to you in a few hours.

-MMoM [Big Grin]

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by The Mighty Monkey of Mim:
TMP, which takes place 2.5 years after the end of Kirk's 5 year mission, was cited as being in 2271 by the Chronology and other "official" works because Okuda was going with the assumption that Kirk's mission ended in 2269. However, since the last update to that book, a line in "Icheb" (VGR) revealed that the mission actually ended in 2270, meaning TMP actually occurs in 2273.

Or 2272.

Or the switched calender systems and the years got mixed up. Or whoever said "2270" was an idiot.

quote:
Meaning that Decker's line about the Voyager VI being launched "more than 300 years ago" is bunk. But oh well...

Wasn't it always bunk? Or are we in some sort of alternative dimension where there actually was a Voyager 6?

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps