Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » Babylon 5's JMS doing Star Trek? (Page 2)

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: Babylon 5's JMS doing Star Trek?
Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ah, okay, B5 is cause to recite some silly crap about love showing bullcrap, and Enterprise is bad enough to recite some silly crap about ratings bullcrap.

Egh. Go outside.

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If JMS does end up working on Trek, for fuck's sake, don't let him write any dialogue.
MrNeutron
Member # 524

- posted      Profile for MrNeutron     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm just amazed the Tolien estate never sued the B5 production, considering how many swipes JMS made from LOTR. Mr. Morden of the Shadows, indeed!

--------------------
"Well, I mean, it's generally understood that, of all of the people in the world, Mike Nelson is the best." -- ULTRA MAGNUS, steadfast in curmudgeon

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Besides, he keeps trying to tie up threads, but the networks won't let him. [Wink]

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Lee:
Yes, because otherwise how would we know he's any good for the job? There's no place for loose ends in Star Trek!

Well, if they ended DS9 midway through season six, you'd say that was a pretty crappy thing to do.
(and that's exactly what we got from Crusade- not even a hint in LTOR of a resolution)

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by TSN:
If JMS does end up working on Trek, for fuck's sake, don't let him write any dialogue.

I tend to agree- but if he wrote plots and someone else did all the scripting.....

Naaa.

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jason Abbadon:
quote:
Originally posted by Lee:
Yes, because otherwise how would we know he's any good for the job? There's no place for loose ends in Star Trek!

Well, if they ended DS9 midway through season six, you'd say that was a pretty crappy thing to do.
(and that's exactly what we got from Crusade- not even a hint in LTOR of a resolution)

You miss the point. There are just as many loose ends left untied in Star Trek as there are in B5. And you can't criticise LoTR for not tying up Crusade's loose ends. That's not what it was there for. It was supposed to launch a whole new series, and if that series had happened I'm sure that over time more characters from both previous shows would have appeared.

Crusade had already tackled a couple of loose ends from B5 anyway:-

• They planned to reveal the fate of Lyta - she was meant to be the telepath who destroys their secret base in Matheson's flashback in "The Path of Sorrows" - but there was a scheduling conflict or something
  • One of the scripted but unfilmed episodes featured Bester

I'm glad that neither of the above happened because that way we could maybe get to see a proper resolution of both, it'd be a lot more satisfying. . .

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

Crsade at least had a passable premise: LOTR ws just abyssimal.
Kung Fu space battles so bad that JMS has even said they were a big mistake.

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

Crsade at least had a passable premise: LOTR ws just abyssimal.
Kung Fu space battles so bad that JMS has even said they were a big mistake.

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Captain Boh
Member # 1282

- posted      Profile for Captain Boh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Crusade was acctually what got me watching B5 [Smile]

And um uh... Ghostbusters was cool [Wink]

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

I always though Captain Gideon looked like Eddie Money: I always wanted him to start singing "Take me home tonight...."

Mabye I'm the only one.

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
PETER PARKER'S TWIN DAUGHTERS OR SOME SHIT.
Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Spider-Man is under our radar, I think.

(Also, Peter Parker as some kind of urban spider shaman or something?)

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Tora Ziyal:

quote:
"I got together [with Zabel] and wrote a treatment earlier this year that specified how to save [Star Trek] and develop a series that would restore the series in a big way," Straczynski wrote. "I actually think it could be a hell of a show. Whether that ever goes anywhere with Paramount, who knows?"

Is that guy just so full of his own self importance or WHAT?

HE thinks he can do it so it MUST be so!?! Gah.

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Admission: JMS's interviews and Usenet postings give me the creeps.

But: Surely part of any creative endeavor is a belief, on behalf of the creator, that the endeavor is worthwhile? I'm not sure that in itself is enough to qualify as being full of one's self.

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps