Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » New Book: Tales of The Dominion War (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: New Book: Tales of The Dominion War
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Spike:
[QUOTE]
The one with Gilaad Ben Zoma
A bit disappointing. That Starfleet Officer at the end of the story could've been anyone.

I think it would've worked better if they kept the starfleet officer ananomous- like the a Wells story- we could have seen the Dominion from a typical starfleet officer's POV without the tie to a particular series and definitely without Picard being involved.

Anyone read the graphic novel "The Gorn Crisis"?
I skimmed it at the bookstore but it looks pretty bad.
It's also supposed to explain what Enterprise E was doing during the war- trying to enlist the Gorn against the Dominion (because they're players-we just have not heard from them- really!)

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Teh PW
Self Impossed Exile (This Space for rent)
Member # 1203

- posted      Profile for Teh PW         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jason Abbadon:
quote:
Originally posted by Pensives's Left testes for mayor...:
quote:
Originally posted by Jason Abbadon:
quote:
Originally posted by Captain Boh:
Didn't see this one while I was shopping last, picked up Stargazer: Enigma instead. I'll have to get the book before it though because I skipped that one.

The first story in the book involves someone named Gilaad Ben Zoma and it's entertaining right up until the last page....
when Picard rides in and saves the day.
(yawn)
I guess you know Ben Zoma wont croak in any Stargazer books now, don't you? [Wink]

Fuck: in a Federation that would take 10 years to cross at Warp six, Picard is just fucking everywehere.
More so, considering the Enterprise E apparently did not a fucking thing during the war's major battles.

*slaps the Jason fool for being too Sarcastic*

all baldy did was tell him, don't be a hero, still rounding up Jemmies, we whacked the jemmie ship, while the Vorta is realizing how punk'ed he finally was by Ben Zoma (even though you don't know who he is at first). how the fuck do you figure THAT 'Picard rides in and saves the day' ruins that story?

no answer? then STFU [Big Grin]

It's just stupid that his old C.O. (whom he's VERY casual with) would be the one who's ship disabled the orbiting Jem'Hadar ship and was there to liberate the planet.
After all, Starfleet only has six or seven ships, so it's likely that the flagship would be out in the backwoods of the Federation to save a non-federation planet.....there's nothing better the Flagship could be doing, right? [Razz]

From a DS9 storyline POV, I think there's a potential story for Enterprise E leading the fleet's assault on the Dominion Shipyards (at the same time DS9 fell to the Dominion- Enterprise could've suffered damage in the attack-making the altered look of the ship in INN plausible and explaining why it's absent from the major battles), but placing Enterprise at every major engagement- and us never hearing a word about it) is pretty dumb.

Simple: They get paid more if the E-E is where the editor or the Paramount Lackey tells you where it should be [Big Grin]

but I agree in principle, they could have just used a generic ship and it would have been just as exciting. thing is, you and me might bitch about the E-E being there but Mrs. Joessethette Bigass buying the book for her 400 lb brat might bitch why the E-E Isn't. The most common denominator is that you make things as dumb as possible for the widest audience of stupid people... usually. Darwinism's still exist and remain in practice to some products, ensuring stupid people will continue to die for the cause [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
*shrug* Ready, shoot, aim.

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I agree in principle, they could have just used a generic ship and it would have been just as exciting. thing is, you and me might bitch about the E-E being there but Mrs. Joessethette Bigass buying the book for her 400 lb brat might bitch why the E-E Isn't.
Yeah, but the novel's gatefold expounds on how it's "tales from across the federation" when it probably should say "tales of the motherfucking Enterprise and it's tired, overused characters from across the federation".

Man, I cant wait untill the new DS9 book comes out in January: the last one was really good (the cardassian part at least).

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps