Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » Cardassians: Evil? or just missunderstood? (Page 5)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Cardassians: Evil? or just missunderstood?
Timo
Member # 245

- posted      Profile for Timo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What are the negative sides of being a Dominion member? Have we heard of any?

The Karemma imply it's not good to ask questions from or about the Dominion enforcers. They also tell they get "orders" every now and then. Is there something particularly sinister behind this?

The Dominion was blamed for driving the T-Rogorans from their territory, after which they in turn harrassed the flakyfaces whose name escapes me. Were the T-Rogorans a member race? Nothing is said outright.

It does seem that joining the Dominion is a pretty good idea - obviously in light of the negative aspects of the alternative, but also on its own merits...

Timo Saloniemi

Grand Admiral Thrawn
Member # 1490

- posted      Profile for Grand Admiral Thrawn     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The occupation of DS9 didn't seem to grim. I think the Roman analogy is pretty good in the sense that Rome expanded its borders in order to neutralise potential threats. A barbarian race was any race that was not Roman and needed to be pacified, with their entire military destroyed. Likewise if they could not conquer they would destroy, employing the poison well technique to kill everyone they couldn't conquer (much like the blight) The founders viewed all races outside their juristiction as potential threats who needed to be neutralised.
I think also that to be part of the Dominion would certainly have its downside, for instance if the Bak ku planet was in their space the founders would have given the go ahead to iradiate the planet with no attempt to even remove the population, such was their apathy toward humanoid suffering. There were also some sinister sounds coming from the female changeling toward the end, with odo asking "whats going to happen to them (the solids)" with her replying "what must be done will be done, its as simple as that" and also "you can't help them no matter how much you may want to, its too late for them."
We could speculate that the founders campaign against the solids was about to be escalated, perhaps with concentration camp style treatment on the agenda for the races who had no use to them...

--------------------
The disappearance of Donald Love

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps