Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » $$ First Inklings of Trek XI... (potential spoilers) (Page 5)

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: $$ First Inklings of Trek XI... (potential spoilers)
wingsabre
Member # 1682

- posted      Profile for wingsabre     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
no, the NASCAR idea was done already on Voyager. Remember Alice?
B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

- posted      Profile for B.J.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
BZZT! Thank you for playing!

The race episode in Voyager was "Drive".

wingsabre
Member # 1682

- posted      Profile for wingsabre     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
honestly they should just do an ending fitting for TNG crew. Nemesis was a horrible ending for TNG
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by B.J.:
BZZT! Thank you for playing!

The race episode in Voyager was "Drive".

Hardly blame him for mucking up the name - all the episode titles for Voyager were so unimaginative - and all one word. Gah! (well not ALL but most - also exclude episodes that had a "The" at the start.

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.trektoday.com/news/260805_02.shtml

I like some of what I'm hearing from this guy, (multiple ships and crews, "story is big and epic, and it isn't as antiseptic as the television stories had to be") though that working title is terrible, and I'm not sure how the film's events (presumably the war with the Romulans) are "the beginning" of Star Trek, for that matter. I suppose he's speaking of how the RW led to the founding of the Federation, although the beginnings of that have already been seen on ENT...

-MMoM [Big Grin]

Captain Serek
Member # 1038

- posted      Profile for Captain Serek     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well it might follow the curses of the odd numbered Treks and suck, but one can hope for the best [Big Grin]

--------------------
I've come a long way for the power of Genesis, and what do I find? A Square Pegs reject, another actress playing Saavik, and Leonard Nimoy's stand-in.

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's not antiseptic?!?
There goes my dreams of watching T'Pol get a rubdown on the big screen...

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't see how you can deal with a story a couple of years after the events of Enterprise that "stars everything" without incorporating Archer if he was supposed to be so involved in the founding. I'm assuming it actually takes place between the last real episode of Enterprise and the sucky finale, which I don't count.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Captain Serek:
Well it might follow the curses of the odd numbered Treks and suck, but one can hope for the best [Big Grin]

That "curse" was WELL and TRUELY broken with Star Trek 10 "Nemeshits"

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Y'know...I've missed almost all of season four of Enterprise and I really dont intend to watch the last episode when I buy season 4 of DVD.

I just dont think I'm missing anything.

Now, they could mention "President Archer" giving orders to the fleet and tie things in nicely.

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
John Logan had neat things to say about his script as well.

Though I think breaking things up a little, as far as what sorts of crew star, could definitely help. That is to say, when every show is about your command crew, all your stories are from that perspective. Which is just fine, and certainly natural, but more so for TV than film. Maybe. Like, war movies do not tend to focus on the generals.

Except for Patton. Er, and any movie that's about a general. But, aside from all of those.

I looked up all the names on the IMDb, just for fun.

Erik Jendresen
Paul Neesan
Kerry McCluggage
Jordan Kerner

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

DONT talk bad about John Logan's magnificent comedic script!

If only Ed Wood could have directed it.....

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

wingsabre
Member # 1682

Actually the Logan script for Nemesis was not that bad. He incorporated a lot of stuff, and it was edited out. Actually it wasn't really edited out, more hacked out. The editing was the bad part, and the directing was not great either. I would have prefeered John Franks to direct, or have former Trek starts direct.
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

What exactly was good and "hacked out"?

I cant imagine the lame dune-buggy scene was added in.

I really would have liked to see Wesley's toast at the wedding though- editing that out when so much shit remained was just....wrong.

Fuck, it was not even among the deleted scenes- and the lame ass child-restraint captain's chair bit was included!

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"I would have prefeered John Franks to direct, or have former Trek starts direct."
  This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps