Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » $$ First Inklings of Trek XI... (potential spoilers) (Page 7)

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: $$ First Inklings of Trek XI... (potential spoilers)
Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't know, makes sense to me.

I guess one should note that Boreanaz's new show is called, simply, "Bones". Otherwise it is largely as described: forensics and sexual tension. Or so the promotional material suggests.

I think he's also got some movie coming out.

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am interested in two new FOX shows this season: Prison Break (which has started out good IMO), and Reunion.

24 will also be viewed with beer and wings on a weekly basis.

Bones will not, as I find myself uninterested in either forensics or Boreanaz's lonely manhood.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Surely he has a woman? If nerdy guy-who-does-British-accents-in-American-shows-and-American-accents-in-British-shows can go out with girl-who-is-considered-hotter-than-Sarah-Michelle-Geller-by-nerds, I'm sure sexy David with his sexy hair could get one.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

wingsabre
Member # 1682

- posted      Profile for wingsabre     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
John is short for Jonathan, just like Bill/Will is short for William, and Dick/Rick is short for Richard. In other words you can say Rick Berman is a dick and not be wrong. I�m sorry for misspelling Jonathan Frankes name, but I�ve always pronounced Frankes, Franks so it slipped my mind to double check his name. I was simply referring to the fact that there�s several cast members who direct, including Jonathan Frakes, LeVar Burton, Avery Brooks, and Rene Auberjonois.

As for Nemesis, I thought they touched on too many things, and didn�t really carry them through. They tried to show that it was the last voyage of TNG crew, but it wasn�t shown well. I got a bigger sense of that looking at the script, but the script wasn�t that great either. They edited out the goodbye to Beverly. Removed the Wesley toast, and clipped several other stuff. All in all the script was bad, but the movie just made the script look a lot better, especially if you remove some of the stupid internal monologue of John Logan, which was quite pitiful; especially when �Yes!� was typed after a description of the Enterprise warping away.

Nemesis felt like this group old guys trying to be hip, like parents trying to be cool. Artistically I liked the opening credits from the script more than the one we saw. The reverse R was lame in my mind. Plus, they took out a whole section in the beginning that introduces the Remans.

The only thing I liked from the movie was the music (with the exception of the stuff from Berlin), and the colors. I liked how the orange was replaced with blue tones.

The movie also sucked, since I knew what would happen before I watched the movie. I was watching the news, and they did a small segment on Nemesis. I expected, a general picture about the last voyage and that there will be a Romulan influence. They ended up interviewing Berman, which told the whole plot of the movie. He said there would be an android called B-4 or B-9, Clone of Picard, Wedding between Riker and Troy, and the Enterprise will ram a ship, Remans was a lower group of Romulans, and Data could die but would only die to save everyone or for a cause. Every hidden plot, every storyline was given out.

Side note on this rant:
Personally I think B-4 (before) is a horrible clich� name, and B-9 (benign) isn�t that great either. I think B-9 was referring to the fact that the android was not supposed to be violent but friendly, and would tie in with the whole Romulan plot, but the stupid editors changed it to B-4, so the audience, who they think is stupid, would understand that this android came before Data.

Also, I don�t think Boreanaz would help a movie. The stupid writers will mess things up like Enterprise and they�ll go, �We got Boreanaz!� just like they did with Bakula, and went, �We got Scott Bakula!� I�m a little worried with B&B at the helm when they have a big name person on the script since they�ll simply put a bunch of filler, senseless crap so they can give the big name person some air time, and try to milk for more cash.

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Waaaay back before I saw Nemesis. I avoided all spoilers and only say the commerical the day before it opened and I was shocked at how much was shown there alone- fuck, they showed the Enterprise ram the Scimitar and Data jump out the torn section!

Duh.

I really tried to like the movie though....I focused/obsessed on the battle stuff but...

I did see a very early production still showing B4 next to Shinzon, and I thought: Wow. They brought back Lore- it's gonna rock!

...and it could have if the B4 android was a copy of Lore that he's made as a backup, and if Data truly died stopping Lore (just drop the whole inane Shinzon bit- Tom Hardy did a good job, but the script only allows for so much).

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

wingsabre
Member # 1682

- posted      Profile for wingsabre     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah i think it would have been better if they had Lore as the Nemesis, but they would then have to explain how he got rebuilt. I'm preety sure that that would have been done in like 5 minutes of the movie with some complex over scientific reasons, or not at all.

I tried to avoid all spoilers but when it's on the local news, I'd expect them to just do something general but they actually got details. I read the script after the movie.

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Like I said, a simple line from Lore about having made a backup copy of himself from Soong's lab (while data was out and Soong was dying) would have done nicely.

Hell, at least Lore has a reason to wipe out Earth- he's nuts!

Hell, just for kicks, I'd have Shinzon die saving Picard and there could have been a big weepy ending as the crew split, Data died and Picard loses his last shot at an heir.

But I'm mean that way. [Wink]

Besides, weepy worked great in STII (and look how they fucked up that ending later!).

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Timo
Member # 245

- posted      Profile for Timo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Anybody read the "Tales of the Dominion War" anthology? Surprisingly good stuff there - including a story that plugs most of the plot holes of "Nemesis" without appearing TOO forced.

It actually makes me believe "Nemesis" could have been good. At least as a serial novel chapter, if not as a movie...

Timo Saloniemi

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

I read that- it explains a lot about Shinzon's rise to power not being so fast as it seemed in Nemesis and the orign of the Thelaron weapon (and how Shinzon got his hands on it).
The writer made Shinzon into a Jem Hadar stomping uber-baddass though, and I just did not see that from his pitiful death.

If only the same writer could do a follow up explaining where the Scimitar came from...

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps