Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » Weyoun the best recurring character in Trek history (Page 2)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Weyoun the best recurring character in Trek history
Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
After Rising Sun there's the Gateways books. I think that's it...

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How did the books have Opaka come back?

I had it all planned out how it would work in an episode. The wormhole would open and an unknown ship would come through and dock. Security shows up but Sisko tells them to stand down as a shadowed figured steps into the airlock: Kai Opaka horribly disfigured and tattered from her time on the penal moon. Basically, the idea would have been that once hostilities with the Domnion got going, they had brought her off the moon (they having been the ones that established the penal colony in the first place) and sent her to the station to do something e-vil.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There is a new threat called the Ascendents (zealots from pre-dominion days): one of their badly damaged single occupant craft crashed on the pena world and took the entire satelite network down with it.

I forget exactly how everyone got off the planet (it wasn't immeadeate) but the nanites seem to be dormant or gone.

Opaka goes off preaching peace and Prophets around the Dominion when Jake (and an alien called Wex) find her in the non-dominion part of the Gamma Quadrant and (eventually) retuen her home on the ship Jake is a crewman on (looong story- an entire book in fact).
quote:
Originally posted by Topher:
After Rising Sun there's the Gateways books. I think that's it...

The Gateways book -there's only one-thankfully!- that involves DS9 nad one chapter in the Gateways wrap-up book where Picard (yawn) saves the day/galaxy/universe...again.
The Gateways tie-in is sort of during the events of Rising Son- as are the three Mission Gamma books.
Jake is gone six months.

The Mission Gamma and Rising Son books tie directly together in their final chapters. [Smile]

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Captain Boh
Member # 1282

- posted      Profile for Captain Boh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jason Abbadon:
Amazon my son.

Used paperbacks rock (though I once got some bullshit book instead of what I ordered: it's used to complaining is useless, but I only paid a buck so it's no real loss).

I really wish Pocket would collect two or three of the Ds9 novels into hardcover anthologies: the book Unity was originally hardcover and it looks odd next to the dozen or so paperbacks that are before and after it on my bookshelf.

They did a good job of collecting the (excellent) trilogy DS9: Millenium into one biiig book so it's do-able..

I have a distinct lack of credit cards

In other news. I'd like to read the books instead of finding out what happens in them here [Razz]

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Paypal?

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Dat
Huh?
Member # 302

- posted      Profile for Dat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Paypal won't work on Amazon. And he'll need a credit/debit card to buy used items from third-party sellers on Amazon.

Well, you can try ebay.

--------------------
Is it Friday yet?

Austin Powers
Slightly warped
Member # 250

- posted      Profile for Austin Powers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No simple money transfer option as on amazon.de ?

--------------------
Lister: Don't give me the "Star Trek" crap! It's too early in the morning.
- Red Dwarf "The Last Day"

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, if someone wanted to they could just write Amazon a check. I'm not sure what the big deal is.

Though I sure don't advocate spending money on Star Trek novels.

Austin Powers
Slightly warped
Member # 250

- posted      Profile for Austin Powers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Again, what about money transfer?
Why don't Americans use the most simple (and cheap) method of monetary transactions - apart from credit cards, which not everybody can obtain?
You have an account, right? Just fill out the transfer form (online or in paper) click "Send" (or hand it to the bank clerk) and that's it.

Or even better, have it automated. At least at amazon.de you can allow them to draw the money from your account directly. Safe and sound. I have used this method for over five years and there was never any trouble. And for this you don't need checks, paypal, credit cards or whatever.

Why use something as outdated and dangerous as checks anyway? Everytime I see Al Bundy come home with his paycheck I keep wondering about the fascination of some people with checks. Then again, I work in a bank - in a country where checks are hardly used any longer... [Wink]

--------------------

Captain Boh
Member # 1282

- posted      Profile for Captain Boh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hoestly, if I gave myself the ability to spend money over the internet, I'd probably run out rather quickly.

As for the reason Americans don't use money transfer... you'd have to ask one [Wink]

Austin Powers
Slightly warped
Member # 250

I thought with my previous post I just did... [Wink]

--------------------

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've learned that just because one form of transaction is available somewhere, doesn't mean its available elsewhere. Here in Canada we don't have "check cards". It would be that Amazon.com and .ca don't allow the direct transfer dealy.

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Do you have debit cards?

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Austin Powers
Slightly warped
Member # 250

Here in Germany, these are the five optional methodes of payment most commonly used:

1) money transfer (a) (buyer initiates the transaction after purchase)

2) money transfer (b) (buyer authorizes retailer to initiate a transaction automatically after each purchase)

3) credit card (retailer initiates the transaction after purchase)

4) debit card (retailer initiates the transaction after purchase)

5) paypal and other similar payment systems (buyer initiates the transaction after purchase)

--------------------

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What about cash?

In the U.S., alot of people use credit cards and debit cards. Debit cards are like writing a check and pull straight from your checking account. When your account runs out of money, you can't use the card anymore unless your bank spots you some cash. Using a debit card usually requires you to enter a secret code.

Checks aren't used as often anymore, excpet by the elderly woman who always ends up in front of me in the line at the grocery. Of course, half way through writing it, she begins looking over her receipt and discovers errors, then remembers she has coupons...

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps