Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » Weyoun the best recurring character in Trek history (Page 3)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Weyoun the best recurring character in Trek history
PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Secret code". I love Americans and their flare (b'doom) for the dramatic.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Austin Powers
Slightly warped
Member # 250

- posted      Profile for Austin Powers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
What about cash?
@Aban: we were talking about payment methods for online stores like amazon and the like. So cash is out of the question I would guess.

--------------------
Lister: Don't give me the "Star Trek" crap! It's too early in the morning.
- Red Dwarf "The Last Day"

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ahhh... I thought we had segued into general payment options...

"Secret code" comes from a rerun of Seinfeld I saw last night. George calls it his secret code. It's actually called a "PIN" (personal identification number). Some people use words, some use numbers only. George's was "bosco".

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, we call it a PIN. I was just hoping that this was overly dramatic use of language, like that example I can't think of at the moment.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh *that* example.

Any society that can produce a book called Adventures in Cooking can safely be said to use overly dramatic language. Or at least book titles.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We have debit cards in Canada. [Razz]

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I do write one check a month, for my student loan payment. They push a direct electronic withdrawal program, but I want some physical proof of the transaction.

Although I guess banks don't actually send back the checks themselves anymore? It was in the news, anyway, but, I haven't opened a statement in a few months, because I am self-destructively lazy.

I pay for magazine subscriptions with checks as well, but that's, like, yearly.

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Here in Canada we don't have 'check cards'."

"We have debit cards in Canada."

What's the difference?

Austin Powers
Slightly warped
Member # 250

- posted      Profile for Austin Powers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
None, if it's a similar system like in Germany, which is very likely.

--------------------

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

quote:
Originally posted by Sol System:
I do write one check a month, for my student loan payment. They push a direct electronic withdrawal program, but I want some physical proof of the transaction.

What're you? 90?

--------------------

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
While it is heartening to learn that, across the sea, large financial institutions are filled with Christian love towards their customers and clients, here in the wilds we must be somewhat more mindful of our accounts and concerns.
Austin Powers
Slightly warped
Member # 250

Actually checks are the most unsafe (and expensive) form of monetary transaction imaginable.

quote:
I want some physical proof of the transaction.
What about your statement of account. Isn't that physical proof?

--------------------

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

Imaginable? I'm pretty sure Eastern Kaluba's Lit Dynamite currency is a little more unsafe.

And I am not really in the mood to start digging down to the roots of various paranoid fancies of mine.

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

Oh, go on.

--------------------

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

I pay all my bills with checks (gas, phone, utilities, car payments, etc.) for much the same reasons as Sol. I like having something that I can hold in my hand that shows I paid the bill. And I like the organization of sitting down and doing it and recording it, so I know what's been paid and when. That's one reason I don't go to automatic bill pay on the internet, which most companies offer now.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps