Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » completely baseless speculation about the Gorn (Page 3)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: completely baseless speculation about the Gorn
Shakaar
Member # 1782

- posted      Profile for Shakaar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Have I become such a feeble-minded leader that I now mistake our losses to the Pike City Pioneers to that of the Gorn? *L* *hangs head in shame*

Again, don�t get me wrong, I thought Enterprise had great moments, and was overall a good series.

The design of the Enterprise didn�t bother me at all� ship design can be pop up and then hide in the history books for centuries like the Daedalus and then the USS Pasture.

Enterprise had a lot of great moments too with the Vulcan story ark of how T�Pau started the second age of Surak, Soong and his Augments, more was learned of the Andorians and the Aenar- return of the Augment story and how the Klingons got smooth headed for a period in their history. I�m very happy that was explained� as I was very unhappy with the DS9 episode where they went back to the TOS time�. It was just a cute thing they did- that they did cause they had the technology to do, but that I feel they shouldn�t have done� Cause before that we could have written off TOS Klingons as having bad makeup in those early days and that they really looked like the Klingons we knew all along- but then in that episode they cemented that Klingons looked totally different and it was a matter that they didn�t talk about� So Enterprise often served to solve some plot problems that had been created before.

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For some reason I picture the Gorn eat a lot of Bananas. Maybe it's just that translator thing that the Gorn Captain was holding in "Arena".

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

HerbShrump
Member # 1230

- posted      Profile for HerbShrump     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Gorn and the Tholians are two non-superbeing TOS aliens that were slighted in their back-story and development. Even now after ENT's run they still rank about the same in development.

Gorn: Showed up in TOS "Arena." They attacked Cestus III because the Federation put a colony on a world that the Gorn's claimed as their territory. Kirk and the Gorn captain fight for the entertainment of the Metron and both come away with a different point of view.

That was all the cannon mention of them until the DS9 episode where Cassidy gives Sisko a ball cap from the Pike City Pioneers who play on Cestus III. Apparently the dispute was settled and the Federation was allowed to keep the colony world.

Lastly Gorns were mentioned in two ENT episodes. The Orion captain mentions them in passing and we finally get to see one in the Mirror-Mirror episode. I thought that was a bit of a continuity error since first contact with the Gorns was made in Kirk's era (TOS: Arena). But, hey, it's the Mirror universe and stranger things have happened.

Tholians: They first appear in TOS: Tholian Web and were the main bad guys despite their brief on-screen appearance. That was the last time until ENT we ever see anything Tholian.

Tholians were mentioned at least twice on TNG and once on DS9 (that I can recall off the top of my head). Riker's father survived an attack by Tholians years earlier. K'eyler mentions that a war between the Federation and the Klingons could pull the Tholians into the conflict. On DS9 someone mentions (I think it was Cassidy Yates) a bolt of Tholian silk purchased or given from the Tholian ambassador.

On ENT we get to see Tholian ships attack the Enterprise and, again in the Mirror-Mirror episode we finally get to see a full-body Tholian shortly before he explodes.

No maps were shown. No locations were given save the commment about the Tholians being drawn into a Federation/Klingon war.

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Tholians were all over DS9.

Also, what's going on here?

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by AndrewR:
For some reason I picture the Gorn eat a lot of Bananas. Maybe it's just that translator thing that the Gorn Captain was holding in "Arena".

Portable karaoke machine- just play "Hotel California" whenever they show ine GOrn in Arena and laugh your ass off... it works as well as his lines, anyway.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps