Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » Ships of the Line 2006 Wall Calendar (Page 2)

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: Ships of the Line 2006 Wall Calendar
Captain Boh
Member # 1282

- posted      Profile for Captain Boh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, it IS the Anniversary. And isn't the TOS calander just pics from the show? Or has that changed since I last bought one?
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Usually it's just pics from the show, but really, how many of those can they sell? it's the same stuff over and over...

They could have just upgraded the TOS calander with some original art set in the series.

Fuck TOS.
It's the 10th anniversary of DS9 y'know!
I want an all-DS9 calander!
With ships and battles and schematics and nekked pictures of Kira, Lita, Keiko, both Dax's and all the dabo Girls.

Hey, as long as I'm wishing, I'm going all out. [Wink]

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You're a loony, I say, on account of original series scenes being way cool.

Also, someone needs to tell Leonard Nimoy of the unexpected revision in his status.

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Spock was a changling! Yeah! That explains it!
Or Nimoy is a zombie....that could work just as well and it is more plausable, after all.

...and it's not that TOS is not cool, but it should not glom every publication every time there is some goofy anniversary.
When it's DS9's 20th anniversary, it will be completely overshadowed by TOS's 50th anniversary.

It just aint right!

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hang on DS9 started in 1993!! VOYAGER started in 1995. TOS was 1966 TNG 1987 and Enterprise 2001

SO - it's not an anniversary for DS9, VOY or Enterprise.

It'll be the TOS 40th and Enterprise's 5th(bahahah). Or the First anniversary the end of Braga and Berman's Trek fuck-over.

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

hmmm...then why is Pocket "Celebrating the ten year anniversary of DS9" on the cover on Unity?

Weird.

Um...it would be Voyager's anniversary this year though, Andrew...and I cant recall seeing anything special about that.

Though, from a calander POV, I guess DS9 wouldn't qualify either way.

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Timo
Member # 245

- posted      Profile for Timo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Apropos... Any morally corrupt scanner owners ready to shed light on what this NX-1000 looks like?

Timo Saloniemi

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes Voyager 10 this year but not for a 2006 calendar.

They at least brought out an updated book - the Companion/Compendium? For the TNG 10th.

It will be 15 years next year since The Undiscovered Country came out... I think.

I can't believe I've been a FULL ON Trek fan for 12+ years!

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

quote:
Originally posted by Timo:
Apropos... Any morally corrupt scanner owners ready to shed light on what this NX-1000 looks like?

Timo Saloniemi

I dont know of anyone that actually has it yet, but I'm sure I'll buy one regardless and then scan it like I did last year's.

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And wrong, since we don't know what happen to Chekov of Uhura. And Spock seems pretty okay.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I get the impression you forgot to read page two before replying.

Chekov is supposed to have a ship named after him, so that might imply he was dead. We also don't know what happened to Sulu.

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

Well, You'd think Sulu died some heroic death- he's revered and there is still not another ship named Excelsior that we've seen.

Having a ship named after you does indeed imply it's a memorial sorta thing so I rule Chekov out- even his namesake ship is dead (though I'd have loved to see it in action).

In the novels, Uhura was (dont ask me why they'd recruit her as an S.I. agent starting in her 60's!) head of Starfleet Security- well into Sisko's tenure as Lt J.G., but she's later recalled in the past tense so....(Curzon says something like "She was a great lady.")

In reality, it's... odd having the old crew still creeping around in the DS9 era- the whole point to TNG was to make a clean break from TOS, but theres always the fringe element that wants to see them save the day- even if they're in walkers- it's how those awful "shatenerverse" things keep getting made.

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Timo
Member # 245

- posted      Profile for Timo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Okay, www.calendars.com had enough spoilers to satisfy me that NX-1000 is UGLY.

Not too implausible as a late 22nd century starship, tho. But there's no way in hell that this could serve as the basis of the Constitution class through some minor tinkering, as classic fanfic is wont to think. Oh, well.

I wonder what the artist's inspiration was. Just doodling with ENT elements? Devising a new hero ship of his liking? Creating something so ugly that everybody would at once understand why Paramount had opted not to place any of its shows in this period of Trek history?

Timo Saloniemi

bX
Stopped. Smelling flowers.
Member # 419

- posted      Profile for bX     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
perhaps: "oops, I goofed up the translate numbers moving my saucer away from the secondary...waitaminute."
Timo
Member # 245

I thought that was the backstory of the "Doubling the Odds" entry?

Timo Saloniemi

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps