Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » TOS: balance of Terror! (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: TOS: balance of Terror!
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They couldn't fix the phaser shots?

Anyone got any caps of DitD?

I think Devil in the Dark is one of the best TOS episodes.

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hmmm for better or for worse - the Horta is so CLEAR! Wow! I can't wait to see these episodes! Especially in Hi Def.

Look at this you bunch of mother-hortas!

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

Oh and here Eden FX have weighed in how they would have done things - some really nice pics here too. I don't know what to think about the CGI'd Enterprise towards the bottom.

Eden FX

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Captain Boh
Member # 1282

- posted      Profile for Captain Boh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The images look nice, but I think the texturing on the Enterprise is way too heavy.
Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Upon further review I do retract my statement of the Janus colony CGI Background and I will admit it does look nice, but its really nothing spectacular. I was just really angered that the phaser effects received no change since they look so horrible.

I mean c'mon

-

Johnny
Member # 878

- posted      Profile for Johnny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Eden shots do look very pretty, but even taking into account the fact that they're supposed to be realistic, rather than authentic to TOS, the 1701 is too heavily textured. One of the things that makes the ship so elegant is that you can't see all those seems and panels.

If the next film does end up having the Constitution in it, then I'd prefer something half way between the Eden FX look and the look in IAM,D.

--------------------
deviantArt page | Online portfolio

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by AndrewR:
Oh and here Eden FX have weighed in how they would have done things - some really nice pics here too. I don't know what to think about the CGI'd Enterprise towards the bottom.

Eden FX

"Why...those grapes were probably sour anyway!" said the frustrated fox.
quote:
EdenFX remind us that they are ready to go already with a Gorn they made for the �In A Mirror Darkly� arc on Star Trek Enterprise.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps