Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » Look at my Pretty Dress! (Page 2)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Look at my Pretty Dress!
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If it's the first comic - She has her hair down either like the "Cheerleader look" that was unseen or like her look in Season 2.

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So... was the only reference these guys had of the Enterprise taken from printouts of bad screencaps?

And I don't think I ever heard Riker making a noise that sounded anything like "EEEOOOO!" Maybe during those special nights with Troi...

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Josh
Member # 1884

- posted      Profile for Josh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
So... was the only reference these guys had of the Enterprise taken from printouts of bad screencaps?
I have a "special preview" picture of the upcoming TNG comics from an old STIV era comic. The E-D is even more disfigured in it. I'll see if I can dig it up.

We should have comic fuck-ups and oddities thread, because there's a ton of them.

--------------------
Failure is not an option -- it comes bundled with Windows.

Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well that makes me glad I never got into comic books.

--------------------
"It speaks to some basic human needs: that there is a tomorrow, it's not all going to be over with a big splash and a bomb, that the human race is improving, that we have things to be proud of as humans."
-Gene Roddenberry about Star Trek

Daniel Butler
I'm a Singapore where is my boat
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I never got into comics for a reason that you can see here in the panel where Riker is commanding the saucer separation. Noone would hold their hands in the air screaming "Disengage saucer and stardrive sections of the Enterprise!" But it happens all the time in comics.

*strikes a pose* "Hand me the shaker full of salt for food seasoning!"

B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

- posted      Profile for B.J.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So, they all talk like Mojo Jojo in the comics?
Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I never got into TREK comic books for this very reason. Only in "modern" Trek comics are technical accuracy wrt starship designs the norm, and even THEN they're often given quite a bit of license. As an example of the older norms, check out this rendition of the Excelsior from the 80s comics:

-

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Redjac!

Also there weren't a lot of shots of Excelsior available at first, so...

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

Josh
Member # 1884

- posted      Profile for Josh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
By far the Gold Key TOS comics in the late 60's were the worst.

The Enterprise was the size of a passenger plane, Uhura was frequently Caucasian and kirk had an afro at one point. Weird situations also arose.The message was pretty clear : DONT FUCK WITH KIRK

He beat up dinosaurs, mutants, fish, Klingons, tentacle monsters and women in these old ones.

-

-

-

-

-

--------------------

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In that second-to-last one, what's the explanation for Hitler's presence on the bridge?
Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
He's Bill Cosby's roommate, obviously.

--------------------
"This is why you people think I'm so unknowable. You don't listen!"
- God, "God, the Devil and Bob"

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You've lost me. Though, upon looking at it again, I find I must also wonder why Kirk is apparently being played by Harrison Ford. I guess, if anyone should be phasering Hitler, it should be Indiana Jones...
Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There's a fair amount of loincloth action going on in those covers. Did they hire a cover-art designer whose only experience was in Conan comics, and who couldn't do trousers?

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm guessing those covers are from the Big Bag of Unlicensed Free Fantasy Artwork. Like covers rejected by Astounding Science Fiction or something.

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

Josh
Member # 1884

I always thought this was interesting; A TOS workbee a decade before they were in the films

-

Apparently Kirk had a magnesium spinal disc and his father also kicked Klingon ass.

-

--------------------

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps