Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » "Star Trek: The Beginning" (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: "Star Trek: The Beginning"
Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"He has the heart of a warrior and the soul of a poet. . . and they want them back!"

Ensign Ogg? Does he have a nanny?

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Don't forget Papa Otto, and girlfriend Penelope.
Guardian 2000
Member # 743

- posted      Profile for Guardian 2000     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I thought there was supposed to be a gritty, Saving-Private-Ryan-meets-Starship-Troopers sort of film with Romulan War ground fighting where most everybody dies at the end.

This was not it.

--------------------
. . . ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam.

G2k's ST v. SW Tech Assessment

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well if I recall correctly, that description came from the same person who thought Nemisis was a GREAT film and that "There are the Voyages..." was a love letter to the fans.

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

Daniel Butler
I'm a Singapore where is my boat
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Every time I read or recall that particular concept about These Are the Voyages... I just want to go and punch him.
Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just feel sorry for the guy. He'd obviously been doing the the job a certain way so long that he didn't understand when when the fans stopped liking it.

--------------------

Amasov Prime
lensfare-induced epileptic shock
Member # 742

- posted      Profile for Amasov Prime     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, I liked it.

The Romulan-war thing, I mean. Not the rest. But at least it sounds authentic. It actually sounds like something that Berman would come up with if he had the opportunity to do a 100-million-dollar Enterprise-movie. Every small idea, every detail. Don't know if Jendersen was really in charge of his own script or if he was just a slave-worker for Berman and the suits (remember Generations? Even the best writers fail if there's too much pressure from the studio). But it feels like the latter

I can't and won't comment on Jendersen's ability to write a script since I haven't read it and probably never will, but he kinda missed the mark with that *idea* alone. You can stick to the rules or do something creative with Star Trek, but remember that, in the end, it still has to be Star Trek. This was clearly not. I wonder if he's ever seen Wing Commander...

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by MinutiaeMan:
Sneaking up from behind the moon makes no sense if you have FTL sensors of any kind. Enterprise had those. The only way around that is if you have a way to defeat those sensors, like... ding ding ding! ...A cloaking device! (Or similar, but less perfect, stealth technology.) Which would kinda make sense for the Romulans. So sneaking up from "behind the moon" is a ridiculously naive idea.

This is te producer with no idea what a "binary star" was.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

Sure he did. He just didn't know who this Nary bloke was or why he stood next to a Star. Ok, that was below the belt.

--------------------

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps