Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » "Essential" TOS Trek Episodes? (Page 2)

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: "Essential" TOS Trek Episodes?
Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by shikaru808:
For the World is Hollow, and I Have Touched the Sky.

a bit fruity, and most definitely an episode to watch after a little more introduction, but the title is one of the best in television!

You've never watched Babylon 5, have you?

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

shikaru808
T-t-t-t-today, JUNIOR!
Member # 2080

- posted      Profile for shikaru808     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Eh, here and there. Never really got into it. I'm assuming they got some great titles too?

--------------------
"Its coming on. I just saw the wall move..."

Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

- posted      Profile for Sean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Are you going to show her the remastered trek, or the original cut?

--------------------
"Kosh, I'd like to introduce you to our Resident schmuck and his side kick Kick Me."-Ritten

"Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity".
-George Carlin

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you're trying to introduce your wife to STAR TREK, then, I think, you want to introduce her to that STAR TREK philosophy: people aren't who or what they seem, people can work together regardless of their differences, yada-yada, that high-morality stuff, self-sacrifice, blah-blah. That said:

Arena
The Devil in the Dark
The Corbomite Manuever
Day of the Dove
The Guardian of Forever
The Trouble With Tribbles
A Private Little War
Obsession
Let That Be Your Last Battlefield
The Doomsday Machine

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually, I might put "This Side of Paradise" on that list in place of Tribbles or Doomsday.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

Did I actually put down "The Guardian of Forever" as an episode title? I'm tired. You know what I meant.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Do it the old fashioned way, start at the beginning and watch it through till the end, Brain and all. That is the real way to get the full TOS experience.

--------------------
"You are a terrible human, Ritten." Magnus
"Urgh, you are a sick sick person..." Austin Powers
A leek too, pretty much a negi.....

The Ginger Beacon
Member # 1585

- posted      Profile for The Ginger Beacon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I sat down and watched Spocks Brain after this last night.

It's alot funnier than I remember.

--------------------
I have plenty of experience in biology. I bought a Tamagotchi in 1998... And... it's still alive.

Captain Serek
Member # 1038

- posted      Profile for Captain Serek     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My choices would be:

The Cage
Where No Man Has Gone Before
Arena
Space Seed
The Menagerie
City on the Edge of Forever
Court-Martial
The Doomsday Machine
Amok Time
The Trouble with Tribbles
Journey to Babel
The Ultimate Computer
Day of the Dove
The Empath
Savage Curtain

The reason for these choices is it shows a diversity of Trek as a whole.

--------------------
I've come a long way for the power of Genesis, and what do I find? A Square Pegs reject, another actress playing Saavik, and Leonard Nimoy's stand-in.

Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

- posted      Profile for Sean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maybe Eylan of Troyus (sp). It shows that there are still rotten, bitchy, spoiled people in the 23rd century.

--------------------
"Kosh, I'd like to introduce you to our Resident schmuck and his side kick Kick Me."-Ritten

-George Carlin

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

I think it's kind of repetative to show both "The Cage" AND "The Menagerie."

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

THen just show the menagerie, as it gives The Cage as a flashback, omitting some of the parts that make it hard to follow. Also, it has that cool wheelshair... [Razz]

--------------------

-George Carlin

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Aha! A double yes!

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm not familiar enough with TOS to answer this one, unfortunately. All I know is that "The Trouble with Tribbles" must be on the list. If you want an episode a non-Trekkie girl will like, that's probably one to get your foot in the door with. I intend to try it on my fiancee after we get married in 59 days. [Big Grin]

To be off-subject for a moment and answer shikaru's question, B5's episode titles were... impressive, would be a good description. "And the Rock Cried Out, No Hiding Place", "Sleeping in Light", "Intersections in Real Time", "A Late Delivery From Avalon", some were pretty cool. Others, "And All My Dreams, Torn Asunder", "Movements of Fire and Shadow", just got to be a little much. "Falling Toward Apotheosis", "The Very Long Night of Londo Molari"...

Andromeda had some good titles early on, like "It's Hour Come Round at Last", "Una Salus Victus", and "Forced Perspective". Even somewhat later ones, like "Double or Nothingness", were still cute. My personal favorite for ep titles is still Farscape, though. I love the "We're So Screwed" trilogy. And ANYTHING is better than Smallville's seven years of one-word titles, which Voyager seemed to get pretty close to at times...

--------------------
"This is why you people think I'm so unknowable. You don't listen!"
- God, "God, the Devil and Bob"

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Married? Two months? Does that mean you'll finally be getting your dick wet?

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps