Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » "Essential" TOS Trek Episodes? (Page 3)

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: "Essential" TOS Trek Episodes?
HerbShrump
Member # 1230

- posted      Profile for HerbShrump     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know I've never seen TOS in order.

Of course, you gotta understand. It was a different time. Oh sure, the TV stations probably showed them in syndication order, but we're talking pre-cable days. Black and white television sets.

I'd mess with the UHF and VHF antennas and watch Star Trek three times every Sunday.

Interesting idea, watching them all in order.

It probably won't be the remastered. I don't have the episodes so I'll be borrowing them.

We've rented a cabin (like we do every year) for 4 or 5 nights. This cabin doesn't have satellite TV and is in the hills of southern Ohio so reception will be terrible. We're planning on bringing a bunch of DVDs.

Daniel Butler
I'm a Singapore where is my boat
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This isn't sci-fi, but I liked Friends' episode titles. They were all of the formula "The One Where *insert major plot point or reference*" which I thought was a rather amusing joke, and potentially quite useful as well.

*cue flamers for mentioning Friends*

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Herb, you seem to be as old as I am.

--------------------
"You are a terrible human, Ritten." Magnus
"Urgh, you are a sick sick person..." Austin Powers
A leek too, pretty much a negi.....

HerbShrump
Member # 1230

- posted      Profile for HerbShrump     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Daniel, I guess "Scrubs" titles are the same way. They're all "My" this or that...

Ritten, I'm 36. Probably double the age of others on here.

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The youngest buck on here is 15... everyone else is at least 20, IIRC.

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

- posted      Profile for Sean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Soon to be 16. I like SCRUBS. Some of the titles do differ however, when there told in someone else's P.O.V. THen they are His story I, or their story II, or Her Story, yada yada yada.
I remember when my dad dirst showed me TOS. I thought the vulcan's name was Mr. Spot, and for TNG, I was watching Mr. Warp, of Mr. Wart.

--------------------
"Kosh, I'd like to introduce you to our Resident schmuck and his side kick Kick Me."-Ritten

"Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity".
-George Carlin

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well I'm still 19...

Anyway, I always like the episode titles of Reboot since they took the titles of famous shows or movies and related them to computers or the show.

The Quick and the Fed
Web World Wars(www)
Where No Sprite Has Gone Before
Number 7
The Episode With No Name
Web Riders on the Storm
Cross Nodes
My Two Bobs
Life's a Glitch
Crouching Binome, Hidden Virus

Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

- posted      Profile for Sean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Come to think of it, I registered in july 07, so I was 14 when I joined this here play group.

--------------------
"Kosh, I'd like to introduce you to our Resident schmuck and his side kick Kick Me."-Ritten

-George Carlin

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"I remember when my dad dirst showed me TOS. I thought the vulcan's name was Mr. Spot, and for TNG, I was watching Mr. Warp, of Mr. Wart."

You have Lwaxanna Troi syndrome. "Oh, Mr. Woof..."

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

It is also where I picked up one of my many phobia's/obsessions. THe Picard Maneuver. Didn't outgrow the fear of my skin touching the fabric of my jacket untill 6th grade. ALways walked everywhere with my shirt tucked in. I looked like a pasty white Urkle, without the suspenders.

--------------------

-George Carlin

Daniel Butler
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There was this guy at our highschool who never spoke to anyone, constantly listened to Mozart and Beethoven on an actual tape-driven Walkman, always wore dress slacks and shoes with a tucked-in shirt, and had several very *large* crucifixes hanging from his neck. So you weren't too bad, Sean [Big Grin]
B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

- posted      Profile for B.J.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"actual tape-driven Walkman"

You say that like it's unusual. *checks profile* Oh, right, you're 12 years younger than me.

Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

Strange, I owned a walkman, that was tape driven. Infact, I didn't get a cd player untill 5 or 6 years ago, and even now, I have like 5 cd's. I don't own an mp3 either. I know a guy like that .Sorta. He does not wear crucifixes, doesn't listen to a walkman, but does listen to classical music, and soes wear formals with a hoddie virtually every day. And black dress socks, even when he does wear jeans and a tee.

--------------------

-George Carlin

Daniel Butler
Member # 1689

I've bought MP3 players for $12. There's really no excuse for not having one [Wink] I had a tape player when I was 5 or 6...got a CD player when I was, oh, 11 or so. Haven't owned one of those since 2002 or so, though. At that point it was a player for data CDs containing MP3s and WMAs.
Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

I dont listen to music enough. When I do, it is in a car cd player, or on my tapedeck/clock radio when I go to sleep. Right now, I am listening to the nitpicker's fun and games for classic trekkers, voiced by denise crosby.

--------------------

-George Carlin

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps