Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » "Essential" TOS Trek Episodes? (Page 5)

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: "Essential" TOS Trek Episodes?
Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

- posted      Profile for Sean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dude, they already think that.

--------------------
"Kosh, I'd like to introduce you to our Resident schmuck and his side kick Kick Me."-Ritten

"Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity".
-George Carlin

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A fair point.
shikaru808
T-t-t-t-today, JUNIOR!
Member # 2080

- posted      Profile for shikaru808     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Was that a self-pwned...?

--------------------
"Its coming on. I just saw the wall move..."

Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

- posted      Profile for Sean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes. I have no problem acknowledgeing other peoples insults. I get them so often that I could really care less. I do believe that insults are okay, as long as the other person can roll with it. People comlain when my tic causes me to swear or stutter, I , just tell them that it means I can swear whenever, wherever, and get away with it. [Smile]

Of course, people taking notice of it can make it worse. I had an uninformed infidell in one of my classes last year who tallied up the amout of times I swore and stuttered and texted it to their friends accross the room. But, I can laugh at it. I got them back. I caught them cheating on a test, and like the good little brown noser that I am, turned them in. THey failed the class that quarter for that. [Razz]

--------------------
"Kosh, I'd like to introduce you to our Resident schmuck and his side kick Kick Me."-Ritten

-George Carlin

shikaru808
T-t-t-t-today, JUNIOR!
Member # 2080

- posted      Profile for shikaru808     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Haha well good for you dude. A "fuck-it" view on negativity always works best IMHO.

--------------------

Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

In my case, literally. [Wink]

--------------------

-George Carlin

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I liked the 'No, fuck you!" he nailed them with.

Tell it to them like this, "If you are insulting me you are leaving someone else alone."

--------------------
"You are a terrible human, Ritten." Magnus
"Urgh, you are a sick sick person..." Austin Powers
A leek too, pretty much a negi.....

Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

I have actually found that if I use big words, and not text speak, it confuses them, and they go away to go smoke their cigaretts, or put on their Fentynol patches.

--------------------

-George Carlin

shikaru808
T-t-t-t-today, JUNIOR!
Member # 2080

Fentonyl...? This forum requires me to google a lot...

--------------------

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When I was a young private in the Army I did that to a lot of NCOs. One NCO had to pull another guy off to the side often to ask for a translation.

Officers caught on too quick though, that sucked.

--------------------

Daniel Butler
I'm a Singapore where is my boat
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
heh I was too unpopular for it to work. I just got sticks thrown at me (literally, at least once, anyway). I remember one time the Spanish teacher was trying to explain how things in other languages are sometimes spelled differently than English and he wrote "haus" on the board - German for house if you can dig it - and I corrected him to "Haus." One kid asked how I could possibly know that; another one said "He just makes this shit up." And that pretty much sums up the attitude of people toward me back then - I wasn't smart, I was making shit up [Razz] The thing I thought about then that helped, Sean, is to remember that once you get out of highschool in a few relatively short years, the world around you will be entirely different and not full of yukking fools anymore. Especially if you pick a good university...
Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

Yeah, they stop yukking.

--------------------

shikaru808
T-t-t-t-today, JUNIOR!
Member # 2080

Yukking? I would assume thats a limey word except that you're from Illinois....

--------------------

Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

Well, for me, cost wise, it is either University of Buffalo, or NY State University at Buffalo, maybe Erie Community College, but UB has an excelent teaching program, so if I want to become a teacher, that's the route I'll go. I actually like High school so much, that I wouldn't mind staying there. Infact that is my goal. I graduate, then go to college and hopefully become a History and Global Sciences teacher at Hamburg High School. THing is, Most of my old teachers will still be there, so that might be a bit
strange. Before all that, I must figure out my health problems and get them in check.

--------------------

-George Carlin

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey, Herb: FUCK YOU.

Ever since this thread, wanna know what I've got in my DVD player? My classic TREK DVDs. No time for Netflix. Dragged myself away long enough to get a job, and now I'm here -- LIGHTS OF ZETAR on the tube -- preparing to relocate to a new city while Kirk's trying to figure out why the eff Scotty ain't in Engineering.

Okay, so kidding on the "FU", but, still ... I've watched more Classic Trek in the last week than I have in the last year.

Don't forget to post what episodes you're going to show ... if you haven't already, anyway.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps