Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » Do you think Paramount would listen to a petition (Page 3)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Do you think Paramount would listen to a petition
Elim Garak
Plain and simple
Member # 14

- posted      Profile for Elim Garak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Er, they brought on the Borg in the first place because the fans were so displeased with their original, intended direction. Fans cried "Borg! Borg! Where are the Borg?" and they needed to answer. So, they had "Blood Fever" and "Unity". "Oops, they all didn't like those," says Taylor to Braga. "Let's restructure the original 'Year of Hell'-like cliffhanger you were going to write with Joe to a Borg-related one."

And there you have why the Borg became Voyager's toy: the fans.

Oh, and it's oh so terrible to pay reference to past Trek! Horrible, I tell you, to place Voyager in the establshed Trek canon! Evil, evil!

------------------
Elim Garak: "Oh, it's just Garak. Plain, simple Garak. Now, good day to you, Doctor. I'm so glad to have made such an... interesting new friend today." (DS9: "Past Prologue")

Lt. Tom
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You can't place VOY in the established Trek canon. Remember when they went back to 1996 and got caught up in the Eugenics Wars?

"But Tom, that never happened! Their 1996 was just like our 1996, except that there was a company called ChronoWerx and no Star Trek!"

You're absolutely right.

IP: Logged
Elim Garak
Plain and simple
Member # 14

- posted      Profile for Elim Garak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The "Future's End" gaffe is not an isolated mistake and not just one on Voyager, although admittedly the DS9 one was a mistake, too...

------------------
Elim Garak: "Oh, it's just Garak. Plain, simple Garak. Now, good day to you, Doctor. I'm so glad to have made such an... interesting new friend today." (DS9: "Past Prologue")

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You're talking about the reference to the Eugenics wars being around two centuries before DS9, right? I don't think it was a mistake. I think the staff is trying to change the date on purpose. "Just move the date forward a century or two and we won't contradict real history."

------------------
Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons; for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, Ron Moore specifically mentioned it was a mistake, and he even said that it had come about because he was channeling Khan's speech from ST II. "On Earth...200 years ago...I was a prince."

------------------
"And if we weren't good to you, Dave, you shouldn't take it all the way to your grave."
--
Will Rigby

Dax
Paradox
Member # 191

- posted      Profile for Dax     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
To all you lucky Americans: Is season 6 of VOY any good (so far) or should I just give up on it now? (I have to rely on the CIC videos).

------------------
"Forgive me if I don't share your euphoria!" (Weyoun to Dukat, Tears of the Prophets)
Dax's Ships of STAR TREK

Elim Garak
Plain and simple
Member # 14

It's worth it.

------------------

Kosh
Perpetual Member
Member # 167

- posted      Profile for Kosh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've been tough on Voyager, for seasons 2 through 5.

6 has been very good.

------------------
Fool of a Took, throw yourself in next time!!
Gandalf

Dax
Paradox
Member # 191

- posted      Profile for Dax     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Really? I'm glad to hear it. Maybe there is (Trek) life after DS9.

------------------
"Forgive me if I don't share your euphoria!" (Weyoun to Dukat, Tears of the Prophets)
Dax's Ships of STAR TREK

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No Trek and no Trek make Chris go crazy....

I am totally with Bernd. If Trek gets more than a year's break, I'll go nutso. Unless they make lots and lots of novels and I suddenly get rich so I can get every one that comes out, and Brandon keeps SOV going...

------------------
"Waaawhooo! Lookie here ma, I caught me a lightnin' bug!"
-Jetstorm

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, if this is the collected intelligence of the fans, Paramount have no worries. We've had one post saying "Voyager is crap, but I watch it cause it's Trek", and someone else who says that "Neelix is one of the best characters on Voyager".

See? It doesn't matter WHAT Paramount do. You'll all watch it. Like you all went to see Star Wars. Like, even after gripping about it, you'll still go and see episode 2. Because it's Star Wars. And because Star Trek is Star Trek.

And, realism break here people. Let's imagine the situation

Berman: "Hey, I know! I'll tell my bosses to give Trek a break for a few years. I'm sure they'll pay me to just sit in my office for 5 years brainstorming a new series. They'll pay Brannon too. And when the new series starts, we'll have our jobs to come back to. Along with everyone else."

Trek makes Paramount money. As long as it continues to do so, they'll make Trek. Even if Insurrection didn't do as well as FC, it made money. And at the end of the day, that's the most important thing for the suits.

------------------
*gasp* "The pictures...they're...coming...alive!"
-Abe Simpson, on the miracle of the moving image

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps