Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » Rank pips (Page 4)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Rank pips
Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh they are creative...at taking things from the TNG era and remaking them into something new and shiny...
Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think the reason that O'Brien wears his chevrons and most enlisted men do not is that O'Brien is more or less a bridge 'officer'.

Possibly to avoid painful situations in which newly fledged ensigns start ordering the Chief Engineer of a starbase around

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

Obi Juan
Who's your master?
Member # 90

- posted      Profile for Obi Juan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Hm... If you oly have to salute when wearing a hat, could you avoid saluting by taking off your hat every time a superior walks by? Pretend to be scratching your head, or something...

Well yes. But then you would get busted for being outside without a hat on.

quote:
What bothers me more is that, even though they finally acknowledged enlisted ranks in Starfleet after all those years by giving O'Brien chevrons on his collar, whenever they have crewpeople on VGR they just have blank collars.. i could imagine some variant of a single slash on the square or a single chevron on the square to indicate their rating, going along the system of O'Brien's 3 chevrons and two pippy things sewn on there

Something like this?
http://tylgre.tripod.com/Enlisted.gif

It was created for the LUG Star Trek RPG's Players Guide but ended up never being used. I rather like it.

[ September 14, 2001: Message edited by: Obi Juan ]

--------------------
"Existence is random. Has no pattern save what we imagine after staring at it too long. No meaning save what we choose to impose. This rudderless world is not shaped by vague metaphysical forces. It is not God who kills the children. Not fate that butchers them or destiny that feeds them to the dogs. It?s us. Only us."
Rorschach

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
still think its because the producers dont understand anyone who isnt a college boy like they are....

--------------------
"Are you worried that your thoughts are not quite.. clear?"

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh yes, that's the most likely explanation.
PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes. Good thing that they've got a Brit pretending to be French on the writing team, or they wouldn't know how to write for Picard either.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps