Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » Who deserves a command of his/her own the most? (Page 1)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Who deserves a command of his/her own the most?
Saboc
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What officer do you think should have a command of his/her own by now?

------------------
-Surak: "Nothing unreal exists"
-Spock: "Logic is the beginning of wisdom..."

IP: Logged
Saboc
Ex-Member

Sorry..the topic's name doesn't make such sense. I once again forgot to proof-read. (A character flaw...

------------------

Montgomery
Reigning Supreme
Member # 23

- posted      Profile for Montgomery     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ME!

------------------
"You will be swept away....
You, your men, your ship, your WORLDS!"

Saboc
Ex-Member

hahaha you're funny.
How does a transport ship sound ?

------------------

Kosh
Perpetual Member
Member # 167

- posted      Profile for Kosh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Monty would only transport foxes!!

LaForge. He had one in the "Timeless" timeline, but who knows in the current timeline. Maybe the fifth series could be about Geordi commanding a galaxy class, and trying to grow a beard!!

------------------
Fool of a Took, throw yourself in next time!!
Gandalf

Sir Camelot
Ex-Member

I love the idea of having a Capt. LaForge and the adventures of his crew. But before that I would much rather see a real movie/adventure/ etc of Capt. Sulu
Saboc
Ex-Member

A series about Sulu and his ship? Hmmmm...sounds good but I don't know if people are ready for that.
"Captain LaForge" sounds great but I'd rather see a whole new group of people. I"m just sick of TNG cast, especially Riker's inflated ego. Grrr...I hate Riker...

------------------

Epoch
Geology Rocks
Member # 136

- posted      Profile for Epoch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think worf should. Not necessarily a federation ship but something.

------------------
Death before Dishonor!
However Dishonor has
quite a disputed defintion.

Chimaera
Ex-Member

Worf would make an excellent captain, but unfortunately I doubt Starfleet would give him anything more than temporary command of a ship after that episode (can't remember its name off hand) where him and Jadzia are on a mission to rescue a Cardassian informant, and he decides to take her back after she's injured, leaving the informant to die. Sisko does say something like he'll probably never get his own command because of it. Well, that and he's now Federation ambassador to the Klingon Empire

I think Riker and Data are both long overdue for their own ships. Riker has actually turned down a command to remain onboard the Enterprise, and Data has shown he has good command capabilities.

------------------
"But, it was so artistically done."
-Grand Admiral Thrawn

Saboc
Ex-Member

Yup, Data deserves a command of his own. Did you see how well he commanded the Sutherland?
As for Riker, hmmm...I don't think so. I mean he turned down 4 offers before, I doubt if anyone at Star Fleet Command bothers to give him another offer. And besides, his I'm-the-best-officer ego will cause a warp core breach the moment he steps on board.

------------------
Spend all your time waiting for a second chance, a break that would make it ok...

Lt. Tom
Ex-Member

Saboc: I think plenty of people are ready for an adventure with Sulu and the Excelsior, and they'd have to do it relatively soon if they were to do it at all. (George Takei is human, y'know.) Personally, I don't think we'll see that specific scenario. Done right, though, a series set in that time period would be great.

I hate to be unoriginal, but I'm going to say LaForge or Data. As far as I'm concerned, Riker can take a long walk out a short airlock.

[This message has been edited by Lt. Tom (edited November 16, 1999).]

Dax
Paradox
Member # 191

- posted      Profile for Dax     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I hate Riker, too. He must be one of the dullest characters in Trek history.

I agree that Data and LaForge would make good Captains.

------------------
"Forgive me if I don't share your euphoria!" (Weyoun to Dukat, Tears of the Prophets)
Dax's Ships of STAR TREK

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I must be the only guy on the planet that likes Riker! I mean his character has been a little underdeveloped, yes. But he's a nice enough guy, he gets alot of chicks, and he doesn't take any S*&T from Ferengi or anybody else.

I think he'd make a cool captain (as long as you get in on his good side).

------------------
"Resolve and thou art free."

Bernd
Guy from Old Europe
Member # 6

- posted      Profile for Bernd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like Riker too. I don't know where this Forum's standard phrase "Riker is an idiot", comes from.

------------------
"When diplomacy fails, there's only one alternative - violence. Force must be applied without apology. It's the Starfleet way."
A somewhat different Janeway in VOY: "Living Witness"
Ex Astris Scientia

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yamato's registry, O'Brien's rank, etc.

------------------
Frank's Home Page
"Stuff" - Nobody

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps