Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » Who deserves a command of his/her own the most? (Page 3)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Who deserves a command of his/her own the most?
Saboc
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In that episode, Riker told Troi that he was "too comfortable on board the Enteprise or something like that..."
This supports my initial hypothesis, he does not like to change, he does not have the ability to adapt to new environments. He definately has some psychological issues regarding his personality and his emotions...

------------------
Spend all your time waiting for a second chance, a break that would make it ok...

IP: Logged
Montgomery
Reigning Supreme
Member # 23

- posted      Profile for Montgomery     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ach, riker wants the enterprise. He'd do almost anything to get it, except for displacing Picard.
He's happy in his job, knows any promotion would send him to an inferior ship, and perhaps some still view the "pegasus" incident as a black mark that would stop him getting the Enterprise or another like it in future.

------------------
"You will be swept away....
You, your men, your ship, your WORLDS!"

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, for all you non-canon-only-ites, Riker commanded the Excalibur in "Double or Nothing", and did a good job, too. Shelby was his first officer.

------------------
"Waaawhooo! Lookie here ma, I caught me a lightnin' bug!"
-Jetstorm

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps