Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » $$$ SERIES V APPROVED? (Page 3)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: $$$ SERIES V APPROVED?
PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You had Lochley on Crusade, and no-one shouted "She shouldn't look like that! It's five years in the future!" Although that's probably because no-one was watching...

Anyway, did Riker really look that different between season 3 and season 7? Change of haircut, and no-one would notice.

------------------
*Amusing quote not available, please call back later*

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As far as this "Birth of the Federation" concept goes I think that it can be quite good IF they do it right. For instance if they take a page out of the book of Babylon 5 and have a proper story arc over the usual seven seasons. They could have the series start in 2155 about a year before first contact with the Romulans and like B5 have the first year just fumbling about not doing anything of any real significance while during the second year they meet the romulans with a build up to the third year where the war breaks out in 2156 through to 2160 where the war ends and the federation is formed. Then you have the last season for building a new order with the growing pains and consiquences. You can then throw in the odd time traveller, pre-Section 31 types to keep the ratings up, although the romulan war bit will be a little difficult since there can be no SURVIVING record of what the romulans look like. obvously if they do do it like B5 then it could be great but if they just set a premise and fumble onward for 7 years then it would be a load of dingo's kidneys.

------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Cluck cluck jibber jibber, my old man's a mushroom etc.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jim Phelps
watches Voyager AFTER 51030
Member # 102

- posted      Profile for Jim Phelps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
But that would be almost exactly like the B5 storyline.

Boris

grb
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not nesscarily. I for one am very interested in how something like the federation formed. The series could concentrate on that. The Romulan War could be an important part of the show, except in the backround. The show can start in the middle of the Romulan War, see it end, and still have a few years for the formation of the federation and a little while after the birth.

------------------
Obviously you refuse to cooperate with me. Obviously you have no discipline to kepp the mouth shut. Obviously you don't. Let's try it that way, then you might get the hint. How many more minutes are we going to waste asking you not to talk? How many more!?!

IP: Logged
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps