Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » How old are the Borg? (Page 2)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: How old are the Borg?
TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Aban: Yep, same book.

------------------
My new year's resolution is the same as last year's: 1024x768.

Free ThoughtCrime America
Member # 480

- posted      Profile for Free ThoughtCrime America     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Don't know if this helps, but in one of the books {The Return, by *William Shatner* hmmmm} captian kirk is brought back to life by the borg for their own nefarious purposes. Later on, it was mentioned that the Borg became, eh, the Borg when Veeger (the voyager thing from the original Star trek movie) assimilated them. I don't remember all the details of it, but they escaped with a new understanding of perfection, and all that. If this particular book is "Star Trek Canon" (which i'll freely admit I doubt) then that places the borg as being only a few hundred years old in their current state.

Not too hard to imagine, I suppose. With the exception of that altenative bio-universe and species 5768 (whatever the # was) nothing in any of the series has been able to stop full scale Borg invasions...so they could have easily swept the delta quadrant in only three hundred years.

------------------
Between the idea and the reality, comes the Shadow

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

The book was indeed "Vendetta" by Peter David. And the machine from "Doomsday" was only the prototype of the actual weapon. The weapon itself turned out to be one bad ass son of a bitch which destroyed a couple of Borg cubes without breaking a sweat.

"I am Vastator -- of Borg!"

------------------
Star Trek Gamma Quadrant
Average Rated 6.83 out of 10 Smileys by Fabrux
"If this were a dictatorship, it'd be a heck of a lot easier ... just as long as I'm the dictator." - George "Dubya" Bush, Dec 18, 2000

[This message has been edited by JeffKardde (edited January 09, 2001).]

DARKSTAR
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
FACTS ABOUT THE BORG

CONTACTS WITH ALPHA QUADRANT

2293:- Assimilate El-Auria a Planet some 1500 light years from Federation Space.

2350's Hanson's set out to find Borg. They travel some 3000 light years away from Federation Space when They encounter a Borg Cube. They track it for 9 months and follow and study the Borg cube and drones. They then follow it into a transwarp conduit and end up in the Delta Quadrant appox 63,000 light years from Federation Space.

2365 Starfleet's first contact with Borg in system J-25 some 7000 light years from Federation Space.

December 2366-Jan 2367 Borg found in Federation Space. All out war with them which lasts for a week+.

2368 Borg found in Argolis Sector. A region on the Alpha Quadrant border with Cardassian Union.

2369 Descent I&II

2371 Voyager abducted to Delta Quadrant.

December 2373 Voyager enters Borg Space.

IP: Logged
Michael Dracon
aka: NightWing or Altair
Member # 4

- posted      Profile for Michael Dracon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You missed the destroyed Federation and Romulan outposts.

------------------
"That's your plan? Wile E. Coyote would come up with a better plan than that!"
- Crighton, Farscape.

Doctor Jonas
Member # 481

- posted      Profile for Doctor Jonas     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You also forgot the Battle of Sector 001 and intended modification of the Federation timeline during 2373 and 2063.

------------------
Is this the real life? Is this just fantasy?
Caught in a landslide, No escape from reality

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*garakspeak* Very perceptive, doctor.

Welcome to the forums. I, at least, haven't see you before. Is your name really Jonas?

------------------
Here lies a toppled god,
His fall was not a small one.
We did but build his pedestal,
A narrow and a tall one.

-Tleilaxu Epigram

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There's an album I haven't listened to in awhile.

------------------
20th century, go to sleep.
--
R.E.M.
Read chapters one and two of "Dirk Tungsten in...The Disappearing Planet"! Show no patience, tolerance, or restraint.

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Speaking of whom, where IS Garak, anyway? I don't think I've seen him post in a while...

------------------
"Still one thing more fellow-citizens--A wise and frugal Government, which shall restrain men from injuring one another, shall leave them otherwise free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned. This is the sum of good government..."
-Thomas Jefferson

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
He's one of those people that actually has a life outside of the internet, unlike some of us...

------------------
Two atoms walk into a bar. One atom says to the other atom:
"I've lost an electron!"
"Are you sure?"
"I'm positive!"

Doctor Jonas
Member # 481

- posted      Profile for Doctor Jonas     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome to the forums. I, at least, haven't see you before. Is your name really Jonas?

I wish It's just my nickname. I used Bashir, and then I added the name to be a little different. But that's a long story. And I'm new, indeed. You notice the new members quite quickly... thanks for the welcome.

------------------
Is this the real life? Is this just fantasy?
Caught in a landslide, No escape from reality

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I ask myself how I would like to be approached when I first arrive to a new place. A bad atmosphere encourages cynicism, and that's no fun at all, is it?

------------------
Here lies a toppled god,
His fall was not a small one.
We did but build his pedestal,
A narrow and a tall one.

-Tleilaxu Epigram

colin
Member # 217

- posted      Profile for colin         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A brief history

Q mentioned millions of years. This could refer to the original species who matured into the Borg. This species has vanished into the Borg Collective and is no longer known. Question is, are they species one or are they species zero? Q places the USS Enterprise into the domain of the Borg, which is in the Delta Quadrant. This action may or may not prove the Delta Quadrant as the origen of the Borg.

When the original species had matured into the Borg and had space travel, the species left their home world in the 15th Century (Old Earth Calender). They began the process of scouting and assimilating species.

Either in the 23rd or 24th Century (Old Earth Calender), the Borg encounter the United Federation of Planets. The 23rd Century can be considered if you accept that Archanis 4, a planet on the fringes of Federation space in the mid-23rd Century, was attacked by a Borg cube. I think that as a possibility that Archanis 4 could be the victim of the attack for several reasons. One, the colomy was identified as attacked and the colonists killed or missing. Two, the Klingons, though suspected, were never proved to be the attackers and there were was no evidence
of Klingon methods. Third, in this decade, the Borg are known to be near Federation space. The El Aurelian world is near Federation space. Fourth, the Borg are known to travel through the Beta Quadrant to reach the Federation. All of these factors make me think that the Borg could have destroyed the Archanis Four colony.

If you don't accept the Archanis Four colony hypothesis, then the first contact with the Borg was in the 2350's by the SS Raven. The SS Raven was sent on a mission of exploration and intelligence to gain information on the Borg. The Federation knew of rumors about a cyborg species that assimilatied species and gathered technology. When the SS Raven failed to report in, the SS Raven was reported as missing and the Federation was left sifting through rumors.

Several years later, in 2363, the USS Tombaugh was on a mission when she was confronted with a Borg ship and assimilated. The circumstances of this confrontation are not recorded.

The history of the Borg and the Federation after 2363 is recorded in three sets of records: TNG, DS9, and VOY.

------------------

takeoffs are optional; landings are mandatory

DARKSTAR
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
BORG DATE CONTINUED

JULY 2373 War with Species 8472 declared after 4 Borg Cubes are destoryed after entering fluidic Space. A Surviving cube escapes but fails to close a quamtum signalarity. Species 8472 pour into the Delta Quadrant:-This area some 3500 light years long later becomes known as the NorthWest past.

November 2373 Borg launch invaison of Earth. A Cube is sent to Earth with the Borg Queen onboard (She is sent their to protect her from Species 8472)Federation battle them for 10 days after which they are defeated near Earth. A Sphere emerges from the Cube, it's pursued at Full Impulse by Enterprise-E. It opens a temporal vortex and plunges in.

*April 2063* Borg Sphere begins firing at North America. Enterprise-E destroys Borg Sphere. Borg beam aboard and begin assimilating ship. They assimilate 11 out of 26 decks. Borg kidnap and alter Data. Borg finally defeated after Picard and Data trick Borg Queen. Ship freed and returns to 2373.

December 2373 Borg Drone Seven Of Nine is severed from collective. War with Species 8472 ends as they retreat from North West Passage. They are beaten by weapons created by the Crew of Federation starship Voyager.

August 2374 Contact with Alien vessel with a quamtum slipstream drive. Star Trek Voyager:-Hope and Fear.

February 2375. Contact again with Voyager:- Star Trek Voyager:-One.

November 2375 Contact again with Voyager near Borg Space. Recapture Seven of Nine. Delta Flyer with Janeway,HoloDoc and Paris and Tuvok rescue Seven with aid of stolen Transwarp coil. Star Trek Voyger:-Dark Frontier

IP: Logged
Free ThoughtCrime America
Member # 480

- posted      Profile for Free ThoughtCrime America     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's a nifty list there...but the borg queen can be in any of the cubes at anytime, correct? Sort of an etheric over presence, a guiding force to the vast collective, at once every where yet no where...a really evil gnutella program.

Nah. Picard kicked her ass with gas. Is that irony?

I'd bet there's some sort of "ghost" Data still inside the collective somewhere...some vague synaptic impression left over from queenies brief romance, a painting of lost positronic love. And maybe one of Lor as well. Was he hooked up to the collective? I don't remember.

------------------
Between the idea and the reality, comes the Shadow

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps