Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » How old are the Borg? (Page 3)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: How old are the Borg?
Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
targetemployee: Q didn't fling the Enterprise into the domain of the Borg, he simply threw them in the path of a Borg vessel headed for the Alpha quadrant. I don't think 7000 lightyears would necessesarily put them in the Delta Quadrant from where they started out (of course it depends on where they were when Q grabbed them). What was the next ep that they had any dealings with other Starfleet vessels or stations?

------------------
"A gathering of Angels appeared above my head. They sang to me this song of hope, and this is what they said..." -Styx

Aban's Illustration www.alanfore.com

DARKSTAR
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Q flung the Enterprise into a Path of A Borg Cube. The Cube was 7000 light years from the Federation in system J-25. The systems location is in the Deep Beta Quadrant. Voyager's flight path home will bring it close to the syatem but will avoid it as the system will be 1000 light years away as Voyager passes. Voyager if it uses another Transwarp coil will be 10550 light years fro the Federation will be 3550 light years from system J-25

[This message has been edited by DARKSTAR (edited January 12, 2001).]

IP: Logged
Curry Monster
Somewhere in Australia
Member # 12

- posted      Profile for Curry Monster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry pal. But the Federation is some 10 000 ly in from the boundary of the galaxy. Add a couple of thousand to that and you'll have the inner border of the Federation. (The section closest to the galactic core). If they were launched 7000 ly the only places they could have gone would have been in the AQ or BQ. Writers fupped up. Yet again.

------------------
Re: Russia in WWII

"Hey, we butchered Poles! Thats OK."
- DT.

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Since it seems to be all the rage these days, here is my Borg timeline.

Some of its problems:

It is not complete.
It has not been spellchecked.
Some of the writing is bland or confusing.

At any rate, it's part of the Borg page I've been promising for, like, ever. Tell me what you think. Savage it to pieces, I suppose.

------------------
20th century, go to sleep.
--
R.E.M.
Read chapters one and two of "Dirk Tungsten in...The Disappearing Planet"! Show no patience, tolerance, or restraint.

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You know, it's possible that the original Borg species wasn't even humanoid. Could they be THAT old? If they originated in another galaxy, then they'd have to have been non-humanoid, due to that whole plot about the first humanoids seeding the galaxy.

------------------
"Still one thing more fellow-citizens--A wise and frugal Government, which shall restrain men from injuring one another, shall leave them otherwise free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned. This is the sum of good government..."
-Thomas Jefferson

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, the Kelvans looked like humans and they were from Andromeda...

------------------
Two atoms walk into a bar. One atom says to the other atom:
"I've lost an electron!"
"Are you sure?"
"I'm positive!"

Krenim
Unholy Triangle Fella
Member # 22

- posted      Profile for Krenim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Kelvans' humanoid appearance was not their true form. Spock said their true form had something like 100 arms.

------------------
"The only good thing about this film is the edible chocolate roaches they gave out. Mmm, mmm... Wait a minute, edible roaches don't crawl. Edible roaches don't crawl!"

- Jay Sherman, The Critic.

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh. Musta missed that line.

------------------
Two atoms walk into a bar. One atom says to the other atom:
"I've lost an electron!"
"Are you sure?"
"I'm positive!"

Teelie
Member # 280

- posted      Profile for Teelie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey, Dr Bashir, stop following me around!!!

I find you at the Sev Trek board, then you show at the Trek BBS, now here? Stalker.

Doctor Jonas
Member # 481

- posted      Profile for Doctor Jonas     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LOL! I came here thanks to the Utopia Planitia 3 project. It was... just a coincidence, TLE

Regarding the Borg, there is a nice information source written for the Last Unicorn Games' Star Trek Role Playing Game by a fan, Mark Brenton. It's in PDF format, and you can get it from http://www.online.emich.edu/~brenton/borg_rough.pdf . It's a draft, and the guy will update it in like half a year, but it has interesting ideas inside.

------------------
Is this the real life? Is this just fantasy?
Caught in a landslide, No escape from reality

DARKSTAR
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Web Page Unavailable ring a bell?????
IP: Logged
Doctor Jonas
Member # 481

- posted      Profile for Doctor Jonas     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*checks link*

Hmmm... I wonder what happened.

Nevermind. Anyone that wants it mail me at [email protected] and I'll be glad to send it by email. It's a short document (not more than a MB, for sure) so don't worry abut the size.

------------------
Is this the real life? Is this just fantasy?
Caught in a landslide, No escape from reality

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps