Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » Some things for Trek X - that have to be addressed! (Page 4)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Some things for Trek X - that have to be addressed!
Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
First,

My argument was just that some things changed, we don't know that the cast couldn't have been drawn to those future careers by other motives.

Look at Worf. In All Good Things, he's a Klingon Governor. At the end of DS9, he's Ambassador to the Klingon Empire. Where he will be a few years down the line? He could very well decide to run for office within the Klingon Empire -- who knows? He's already in the same general area as he was in AGT.

If this will be the last TNG film, I want them to break up the static a little bit. I want to see the crew moving on. I don't want to think off them all with stagnated careers flying around on the Enterprise, no thanks, not for me ...

------------------
Star Trek Gamma Quadrant
Average Rated 6.27 out of 10 Smileys by Fabrux (with four eps posted)
"Oh, yes, screw logic, let's go for a theory with no evidence!"
-Forum Member Who Shall Be Nameless. 11:48am, Jan. 19th, 2001

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In All Good Things, he's a Klingon Governor. At the end of DS9, he's Ambassador to the Klingon Empire. Where he will be a few years down the line? He could very well decide to run for office within the Klingon Empire -- who knows?

Or he could well be shot on the floor of the High Council, with Alexander watching...

Really, someone ought to make a list of these future timelines we've seen.

------------------
Disclaimer:
"All references to vices and of the supernatural contained in this game are for entertainment purposes only. _Over_The_Edge_ does not promote satanisim, belief in magic, drug use, violence, sexual deviation, body piercing, cynical attitudes toward the government, freedom of expression, or any other action or belief not condoned by the authorities."
- `OverTheEdge'

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just find it very unlikely that Worf has any popularity outside of Martok's immediate family.

Now a UFP political career, that I could see. Possibly.

------------------
I will shout until they know what I mean.
--
Neutral Milk Hotel
Read three (three!) chapters of "Dirk Tungsten in...The Disappearing Planet"! Then, go insane!

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"I don't want to think off them all with stagnated careers flying around on the Enterprise, no thanks, not for me .."

But, again, you're not thinking in 24th century terms. They are doing what they love doing. That's not having a "stagnant" career. That's having an "enjoyable" career. And if they can carry on doing, more power to them. Besides, it's not like they are desperate for promotions, so that they can get a better retirement package anyway.

------------------
"And Mojo was hurt and I would have kissed his little boo boo but then I realized he was a BAD monkey so I KICKED HIM IN HIS FACE!"
-Bubbles

Wes
Over 20 years here? Holy cow.
Member # 212

- posted      Profile for Wes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you had any idea how expensive the CG from ILM is now and how difficult it is to do particle simulations (like gas) you would appreciate the CG work in Insurrection (which I think was great) allot more.

------------------
Wes Button[email protected]
TechFX StudiosThe United Federation Uplink
------------------
Janeway: "Dimissed"
Neelix: [stands there dumbfounded] "b..but.."
Janeway: "That's Starfleet for get out"

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps