Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » Races of the Federation (was Star Trek: X) (Page 2)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Races of the Federation (was Star Trek: X)
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just reguarding Alpha Centauri... I don't know which thread it was in now, it was last year sometime, and we were trying to work out things about Mars colonisation etc... anyway I suggested that Cochrane could have come from Alpha Centauri etc... that Earth might have already travelled that far using Non warp... they could have found a habitable planet and so, instead of having to terraform mars, they could have set up new populations on a planet there...

------------------
Homer: I'm gonna miss Springfield. This town's been awfully good to us.
Bart: No, it hasn't, Dad. That's why we're leaving.
Homer: Oh, yeah. [pokes his head out the window] So long, Stinktown!

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mizarian... first seen in Alliegence... I don't think they are members of the Federation - or maybe now they are... that Chalnoth person said that they were pacifists who had been invaded many times...

Speaking of which... how many times in early TNG was Pacifica mentioned... I wonder if this is just a world the Feds took over, or IT had inhabitants...

The Kai mentions Berengaria in "In the Cards" doesn't she?

------------------

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can think of two instances off the top of my head.

The Enterprise was enroute there for a research assignment and shore leave in "Conspiracy" when Picard diverted the ship to Dytallix "B."

The Enterprise transported two Antedian delegates (in reality, assassins) and Ambassador Lwaxanna Troi to Pacifica for the admission hearing for the Antedian government in "Manhunt."

------------------
Star Trek Gamma Quadrant
Average Rated 8.32 out of 10 Smileys by Fabrux (with seven eps posted)
"Oh, yes, screw logic, let's go for a theory with no evidence!"
-Omega 11:48am, Jan. 19th, 2001

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

Does anyone picture Pacifica as a giant ball of water?

------------------

Timo
Member # 245

- posted      Profile for Timo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Naah... Then we couldn't have beaches!

(Besides, "30 Days" already gave us a "planet" that literally was a big ball of water...)

Pacifica features in the new Vornholt novels "Genesis Wave I&II", and (based on the spoilers I've read so far) is considered a remote sanctuary, a safe place to keep Carol Marcus hidden from the public view.

Some more info on Pacifica: judging by "Conspiracy", it is less than five lightyears from the real star Mira, also known as Omicron Ceti. *This* star has had a human presence for some time before the events of "Conspiracy": first there were those colonists led by Elias Sandoval in TOS "This Side of Paradise", and after Kirk forcibly evacuated them, Dytallix Mining Corporation set up shop on another planet in that system. However, by "Conspiracy", the system was empty.

So we know where Pacifica is: in a (formerly) well-traveled part of the Federation, some 150 ly rimwards from Earth. Now if we could just have a look... (Alas, "Genesis Wave" hasn't arrived yet to the local bookstores!)

Timo Saloniemi

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's also used by the Federation for mediation and admission: the Antedians' application for admittance in the UFP was to be considered there, before the delegates were revealed to be assassins.

It's apparently also used as Shore Leave ...

------------------
Star Trek Gamma Quadrant

[This message has been edited by JeffKardde (edited April 06, 2001).]

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here is my list of UFP members. It totals 99.
http://fleetyard.virtualave.net/temp/ufpmembers.htm

Comments?

------------------
"To all Harry-Fans: I meant no disrespect against Harry and have nothing against the stupid little creature. Thanks and enjoy the show."
Nimrod, 04-04-01.

---
Titan Fleet Yards - Harry Doddema's Star Trek Site

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's very inclusive.

I attempted a similar list awhile ago, though I stuck to mining the encyclopedia for my planets and systems and, I think, in one or two cases, nebulae. Where there is more than one inhabited planet in a star system, I just listed the star. So, for instance, I've got the Rigel system, which includes five such worlds, I think. Also, I cast my net rather wide when it came to considering whether a world belonged to the UFP or not. Essentially, if a world had a Federation installation of any sort on it, except where such a facility was explicitly stated to not be in UFP space (Such as the research station on Bak'u, although Bak'u itself was surrounded by the Federation, or so we were led to believe.).

At any rate:

�audet IX
Ajilon Prime
Aldebaran III
Alpha Carinae V
Alpha Centauri system
Alpha V Colony
Altair VI
Archanis IV
Ariannus
Arkaria
Babel
Barisa Prime
Benecia Colony
Benzar
Bersallis III
Beta Agni II
Beta VI
Betazed
Beth Delta I
Bilana III
Bilaren system
Blue Horizon
Bolarus IX
Boradus III
Borka VI
Braslota system
Bre�el IV
Brentalia
Browder IV
Calder II
Caldos colony
Capella IV
Camus II (a depressing place)
Carema III
Castal I
Catualla
Cestus III
Ceti Alpha system (on the assumption that the UFP wouldn't go around Genesisizing planets that didn't belong to them)
Cirrus IV
Coltar IV
Con Coroli V
Coridan
Corinth IV
Corvan II
Cygnet XIV
Cygnia Minor
Danula II
Delb II
Delinia II
Delos IV
Delta IV
Delta Rana IV
Delta Vega
Deneva
Deriben V
Donatu V
Doraf I
Draken IV
Draygo IV
Dulisian IV
Dytallix B
Sol System (a nice place to visit)
Earth Colony 2
Elba II
Forlat III
Galor IV
Galorndon Core
Gamma 400 star system
Gamma Hydra IV
Gamma Tauri IV
Gaspar VII
Gault
Guernica system
Halii
Iadara Colony
Inferna Prime
Invernia II
Ivor Prime
Janus VI
Jaros II
Jouret IV
Juhraya
Kavis Alpha IV
Kenda II
Kessik IV
Korat system
Memory Alpha
Minos Korva
New Gaul
New Halana
New Paris colonies
Norpin Colony
Ohniaka III
Parliament
Penthara IV
Persephone V
Planet Q
Quadra Sigma III
Qualor II
Regula
Regulus system
Relva VII
Rigel system
Risa
Salva II
Strnad star system
Tantalus V
Tarsas system
Tau Ceti system
Tessen III
Tiburon
Trill homeworld
Tyrellia
Velara III
Vulcan
Wolf 359
Velikan V
Rangifer II
Scylla sector
Sherman�s Planet
Tarod IX

------------------
Not even a god can deny that I have squared the circle of a static Earth and cubed the Earth sphere by rotating it once to a dynamic Time or Life Cube.
--
Gene Ray
Read three (three!) chapters of "Dirk Tungsten in...The Disappearing Planet" Or don't. You know, whatever.

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

New Paris is no longer part of the Federation. Remember: those were the guys who had standing orders to kill any Federation citizen who arrived. Legacy. Also Tasha Yar's birthplace, as it were.

------------------
Star Trek Gamma Quadrant

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Um..NO. Wrong.

New Paris was on Makus III. Tasha was from Turkana IV.

------------------
"For people with resources, the right events happen. They may look like coincidences, but they arise out of necessity." --T�rk Hviid

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, that is a very long list as well
I have made a difference between Federation planets and Federation members.
I doubt planets like Ajilon Prime, Relva VII, Memory Alpha and Inferna are individual members (they are described as 'Federation colonies' or do not even have inhabitants).

------------------
"Fuck L Ron Hubbard and fuck all his clones.
Fuck all those gun-toting
hip gangster wannabes."
-Tool, Ænima

---
Titan Fleet Yards - Harry Doddema's Star Trek Site

Psi'a Meese
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A note regarding the Caitans...they were also featured in ST: V. The one dancing on the bar and Kirk later drowned.

------------------
Purrr...

IP: Logged
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

Do all Caitian 'women' have three breasts... did M'Ress? Or maybe the Cestus III Caitian... genetically engineered...

Did "TFF" or "Total Recall" come out first... because both movies had the same 'joke'...

------------------

Timo
Member # 245

- posted      Profile for Timo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
M'Ress definitely had just two breasts, unless it was fashionable at that time to pad out the outer two and squeeze the middle one into invisibility.

And "Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy" came before either STV or "Total Recall".

Timo Saloniemi

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

Hmmmm, Caitians could have more than 2 nipples - a la Cat from Red Dwarf... so the Caitian in TFF, might have just 'enhanced' a third breast... and pushed it up!?!

P.S. What was that game that she was drowned in? A Form of Dom Jot!?!

------------------

[This message has been edited by AndrewR (edited April 10, 2001).]

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps