Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » Project "Federation" (Page 1)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Project "Federation"
Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As you might know, I am currenty working on a list of all Federation members (100 and counting).
I need some info/pics regarding the following:

Xenexians
?? Where are these aliens from (episode)?

Ktaria
What do I do with Ktaria? They tried to take over the UFP, but OTOH their culture is a popular one in ST, as seen by the festivals and trade, and Wildman had a daughter with a Ktarian

RPGs
Can we accept some RPG info regarding 'rare aliens' as sem-canon? It is unlikely we'll ever see them again...

Gamelan V ("Final Mission" [TNG])
I conjecture this is a member, since Tessen III and Atrea were members as well, and this is almost the same situation (planet asking for E's help).
But are there any pictures of Chairman Songi?

------------------
"Fuck L Ron Hubbard and fuck all his clones.
Fuck all those gun-toting
hip gangster wannabes."
-Tool, Ænima

---
Titan Fleet Yards - Harry Doddema's Star Trek Site

Spike
Pathetic Vampire
Member # 322

- posted      Profile for Spike     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Xenexians
?? Where are these aliens from (episode)?

They are from Peter David's New Frontier books.

------------------
"Second star to the right, and then straight on till morning."

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It could have been rogue Katarians (like those rogue Andorians that are out there)

Maybe there is a slight spelling difference between the "The Game" Katarians and the Katarians that have little cranial spikes like Naiomi.

------------------
Homer: I'm gonna miss Springfield. This town's been awfully good to us.
Bart: No, it hasn't, Dad. That's why we're leaving.
Homer: Oh, yeah. [pokes his head out the window] So long, Stinktown!

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok, so I'll ditch the Xenexians.

Another one: The Aurelians from TAS.
Curt Danhauser's site hasn� listed them under 'Lifeforms', so from which episode are they?

------------------
hip gangster wannabes."
-Tool, Ænima

---

Masao
doesn't like you either
Member # 232

- posted      Profile for Masao     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Aurelia is the home for those Giant bird men. In TAS episode "Yesteryear" there's a Aurelian historian named Aleek-Om at the Guardian of Forever.

------------------
When you're in the Sol system, come visit the Starfleet Museum

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

Some other points of interest:

Protectorates vs. Members
Should I include the Evora in this list of members? They were invited to become a protectorate. Do you reckon protectorates have Council seats?
And what should I do with the Son'a, Ba'ku, Tarlac and Ellora?

Rigel
Which (if any) of the twelve planets is a member of the Federation?

Tanuga
Is Dr. Apgar (who tried to kill Riker by killing himself) of a Federation race? His people have justice system bases on "guilty until proven innocent".

Kaelon
Is Timicin's race a member? The Kaelon do commit suicide when 60 years.

------------------
hip gangster wannabes."
-Tool, Ænima

---

Timo
Member # 245

- posted      Profile for Timo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Rigelian memberships are up to your personal choice. We have seen that VII has aggressive bronze-age warriors, but that doesn't mean the whole planet's like that, or that the Feds wouldn't approve. We know XII is an uninhabited hellhole with indie Fed miners on it, so during TOS it may not be a member but sure isn't member of any competing empire, either. And V has Vulcanoid populance, and II has good shore leave facilities, but little else is known of them. Not much canon to go by here.

As for Tanuga and Kaelon... "Guilty until proven innocent" is actually a well-accepted part of the Napoleonic code, and a popular way to do justice in today's civilized countries. And mandatory suicide at 60 doesn't sound much worse than mandatory duels to death every seven years, yet Vulcan is an acclaimed UFP member.

It seems that you have to have *very* strong reasons to exclude a culture from membership. And it may not be worth the trouble, since the 150-member canonical quota isn't filling up too fast yet.

Timo Saloniemi

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

Well, including Kealon, Rigel and Tanuga, I have counted 102 members. Only 48 to go!

------------------
hip gangster wannabes."
-Tool, Ænima

---

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Timo: Duels to the death aren't mandatory every seven years. That only happens when there's a challenge. I'm sure most Vulcans just do the "horizontal mind-meld" every seven years w/o any fighting involved...

------------------
"Although, from what I understand, having travelled around the Mid-west quite a bit, apparently Jesus is coming, so I guess the choice now is we should decide whether we should spit or swallow."
-Maynard James Keenan

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

I just concluded that I will not include Kaelon.
The Encyclopedia says that Kaelon had finally asked the Federation for help. Furthermore, Kaelon had it's own fleet of 'Kaelon warships'.

------------------
hip gangster wannabes."
-Tool, Ænima

---

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Did we include the Race that hates manners... and insults people from "Coming of Age"?

Does Data or the Soong-type androids count as (a) separate member(s)

------------------
Homer: I'm gonna miss Springfield. This town's been awfully good to us.
Bart: No, it hasn't, Dad. That's why we're leaving.
Homer: Oh, yeah. [pokes his head out the window] So long, Stinktown!

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

My definition for member:
A member has at least one seat in the Federation Counsil.

Data would not be a member, since he is basically not a political entity. Actually, it's not the races that count, but the planets. (I guess)

The CoA alien was a Zaldan, and yes, he is included.

Sneak preview; http://fleetyard.virtualave.net/articles/ufpmembers.html
------------------
hip gangster wannabes."
-Tool, �nima

---

[This message has been edited by Prakesh (edited April 22, 2001).]

[This message has been edited by Prakesh (edited April 22, 2001).]

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just a couple points... Jaresh-Inyo is not the current president, and Data's "mother" was human (okay, an android, but the original was a human).

BTW, does anyone else have a problem in Netscape (4.76, at any rate), where the regular text is black (and thus invisible) and the list of races at the beginning is really tiny? It seems to look fine in IE and NS6...

------------------
"Although, from what I understand, having travelled around the Mid-west quite a bit, apparently Jesus is coming, so I guess the choice now is we should decide whether we should spit or swallow."
-Maynard James Keenan

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
it is because of the DIV tags in it, making the text small to NS, remove those an it should be multi-broswer friendly.

------------------
"One's ethics are determined by what we do when no one is looking" Nugget
Star Trek: Gamma Quadrant
Star Trek: Legacy
Read them, rate them, got money, film them

"...and I remain on the far side of crazy, I remain the mortal enemy of man, no hundred dollar cure will save me..." WoV

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

Actually, I looked into his cascading style sheet. The font for the "small" class is set to size "xx-small". IE and NS6 interpret this as something readable. Apparently, though, NS4.7 considers "xx-small" to be a wee bit tinier than is readable (for me, anyway) on a 17" monitor at 1024x768. :-)

------------------
-Maynard James Keenan

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps