Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » Project "Federation" (Page 2)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Project "Federation"
Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not much better at 800x600....

Dang, and 1280x1024 is really bad.... it's giving me a headache... Everything is soooooo tiny.....
------------------
"One's ethics are determined by what we do when no one is looking" Nugget
Star Trek: Gamma Quadrant
Star Trek: Legacy
Read them, rate them, got money, film them

"...and I remain on the far side of crazy, I remain the mortal enemy of man, no hundred dollar cure will save me..." WoV

[This message has been edited by Ritten (edited April 22, 2001).]

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd be careful about saying someone's race is a member of the Federation just because a member of that race is in Starfleet.

Worf is in Starfleet, but Klingon are not members of the Federation, for example.

Lt Ro, Ensign Sito -- Bajoran Starfleet officers. Bajor isn't a member of the Federation.

I forget which TNG episode it was, but Picard or Data said that there were several Starfleet officers on the Enterprise whose races were not Federation members.

------------------
Star Trek Gamma Quadrant
Average Rated 8.32 out of 10 Smileys by Fabrux (with seven eps posted)
"Oh, yes, screw logic, let's go for a theory with no evidence!"
-Omega 11:48am, Jan. 19th, 2001
"I think this reason why girls don't do well on multiple choice tests goes all the way back to the Bible, all the way back to Genesis, Adam and Eve. God said, 'All right, Eve, multiple choice or multiple orgasms, what's it going to be?' We all know what was chosen" - Rush Limbaugh, Feb. 23, 1994.

Curry Monster
Somewhere in Australia
Member # 12

- posted      Profile for Curry Monster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This site reminds me of the Tal Shiar Cartographic Survey. Hmm. Nice.

Sol, you still have any material from that which could help them?

------------------
Re: Russia in WWII

"Hey, we butchered Poles! Thats OK."
- DT.

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I do! I was just thinking about this the other day, in fact. However, all the stuff I worked on was about the Delta Quadrant. Ocampa, Kazon, etc. So as far as this project goes, it wouldn't be of much help. Still, we should talk about this someday soon.

------------------
"Excuse me, Mr. Rampaging Killer? Why don't you put down the gun and take a look at this hand-held monkey? Does it not have clever little forepaws? It eats gum and sap!"
--
L. Fitzgerald Sj�berg
Read three (three!) chapters of "Dirk Tungsten in...The Disappearing Planet" and something pleasent will happen to you. Possibly involving syrup.

The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*has a nostalgia attack*

------------------
"I can be creative when I have a good idea. That just happens way too rarely."
-Omega, April 6

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Who says Jaresh-Inyo isn't still president?

------------------
"I'm beginning to think that there'll be NO forced mating at ALL!" --Professor Hubert T. Farnsworth

Spike
Pathetic Vampire
Member # 322

- posted      Profile for Spike     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Who says Jaresh-Inyo isn't still president?

Bashir in "DS9 Extreme Measures".

------------------
"Second star to the right, and then straight on till morning."

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They never said it was Jaresh-Inyo specifically. They only said "the former president."

------------------
"I'm beginning to think that there'll be NO forced mating at ALL!" --Professor Hubert T. Farnsworth

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Arken II fellow, from Star Trek IV... where is the head support? that black thing? I assumed that to be some sort of communications device... or maybe headwear... for the stylish Arkenite

------------------
Homer: I'm gonna miss Springfield. This town's been awfully good to us.
Bart: No, it hasn't, Dad. That's why we're leaving.
Homer: Oh, yeah. [pokes his head out the window] So long, Stinktown!

Gaseous Anomaly
Member # 114

- posted      Profile for Gaseous Anomaly     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
$
$
$
$
$
$
$
$
$
$
$
$
$
$
Bashir: Section 31 have an agent in Jayesh-Inyo's cabinet.

O'Brien: The former president?

Sloan: And I would have gotten away with it too, if it wasn't for those pesky kids and that stupid dog!!

Scooby Doo: HEHHEHEHEHEEEE!! Scooby Dooby Doooo!!

------------------
At that point, McDonald fired his gun three times in the air to emphasize his point. The crowd, estimated at 350,000, loudly cheered the new candidate.

"Let me make this clear: I am the law! I am your ruler! And you will have fries with that, motherf*cker!"

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, great.
Thank all heavens for letting Microsoft decide on standardization.
On the case of HTML and CSS:
I have changed "xx-small" into "75%". I hope Netscape can handle *this*. If not, I'll have to think of something else. And I understand Netscape doesn't do DIVs? Seems like this CSS thing is not quite standard yet.

On the project:

quote:
I'd be careful about saying someone's race is a member of the Federation just because a member of that race is in Starfleet.{JeffKarrde}

I *am* careful about that. That's why I divided the aliens into three categories. People can make their own choice. Category 2 is therefore called "Very Likely Candidates".

quote:
The Arken II fellow, from Star Trek IV... where is the head support? that black thing? I assumed that to be some sort of communications device... or maybe headwear... for the stylish Arkenite{AndrewR}

I actually got that information from Bohn's site, and I believe he got most of his info from the RPGs, so there is no canon information about it.

------------------
"Fuck L Ron Hubbard and fuck all his clones.
Fuck all those gun-toting
hip gangster wannabes."
-Tool, Ænima

---
Titan Fleet Yards - Harry Doddema's Star Trek Site

Shik
Member # 343

The FASA ST4 supplement stated that it was a balance device, that there was a natural equilibrium on Arken, but when they went offworld, they got all fucked up...like if we had our inner ear go all wonky. So the headband was an "equilibrium restoration device" of sorts.

------------------

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The small print looks better now. But most of the text is still black.

And, last time I checked, Netscape handled DIV tags just fine. They work on your page, anyway. If they didn't, there wouldn't have been that "xx-small" problem in the first place.

------------------
"Although, from what I understand, having travelled around the Mid-west quite a bit, apparently Jesus is coming, so I guess the choice now is we should decide whether we should spit or swallow."
-Maynard James Keenan

[This message has been edited by TSN (edited April 23, 2001).]

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
MS = SUCKS!!!

------------------
"One's ethics are determined by what we do when no one is looking" Nugget
Star Trek: Gamma Quadrant
Star Trek: Legacy
Read them, rate them, got money, film them

"...and I remain on the far side of crazy, I remain the mortal enemy of man, no hundred dollar cure will save me..." WoV

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tanuga

I just watched this episode again. I think it could go either way -- there's no deffinite answer to if they are or aren't Federation members, they could just be close trading parters like the Rutians.

------------------
Star Trek Gamma Quadrant
Average Rated 8.32 out of 10 Smileys by Fabrux (with seven eps posted)
"Oh, yes, screw logic, let's go for a theory with no evidence!"
-Omega 11:48am, Jan. 19th, 2001
"I think this reason why girls don't do well on multiple choice tests goes all the way back to the Bible, all the way back to Genesis, Adam and Eve. God said, 'All right, Eve, multiple choice or multiple orgasms, what's it going to be?' We all know what was chosen" - Rush Limbaugh, Feb. 23, 1994.

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps