Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » Borg.. (Page 4)

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: Borg..
Timo
Member # 245

- posted      Profile for Timo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
To offer a nice nonlethal pinko alternative to firearms, may I suggest trapping irons? Not only will a Borg Drone most assuredly stumble into those, it will be far too clumsy to bend over and remove the things from its ankle.

In a cinch, a chain hung about waist high across the corridor will also stop a Borg invasion just fine. Just make sure to have the floors strewn liberally with pieces of chewing gum, each one containing one of those miniature Romulan assassination devices, so that when the Borg try to defeat the impenetrable defenses by transporting across them, they are dispersed to a fine mist.

Oh, well. At least the Borg can negotiate stairs...

Timo Saloniemi

Hunter
Member # 611

- posted      Profile for Hunter     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Concering Snay's suggestion that the crew of the Enterprise used projectile weapons aginst the Borg, if the Borg have trouble adapting aginst them how come nobody tried to use the TR-116? How come it reamins a failed prototype?
(besides the obvious reason that the TR-116 wouldn't be invented for two years)

Oh and Timo the borg can bend over, one must have to be able to bend over otherwise how could one reach under the door and grab that ensign?

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No, no mugging. Just want a gun. Or two. Or fifty.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

The Defiant
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
perfect solution:

1. Heat can of Cajun Baked Beans.
2. Add 45 onions.
3. Eat the beans.
4. Find Borg onslaught.
5. Bend over and let her rip!
(that'll kill anything)

IP: Logged
Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wear a Windows ME disc on you. They wouldn't want to touch you with a ten ft. cybernetic arm.

[ May 25, 2002, 00:52: Message edited by: Harry ]

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

koy'peled Oy'tio
Member # 796

- posted      Profile for koy'peled Oy'tio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Assuming that Starfleet has an IQ of at least room temperature they would make Latin a required language to speak at the academy, unless of course the federation itself is less intelligent then a fruit fly. Although I could imagine a fruit fly taking over the Federation, they were after all infiltrated by a parasite...

[ May 28, 2002, 08:53: Message edited by: koy'peled Oy'tio ]

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Um... right. And would you care to explain WHY Starfleet Academy should be required to waste time teaching Andorians a language that no one's spoken on OUR planet for a couple millenia?

--------------------
"This is why you people think I'm so unknowable. You don't listen!"
- God, "God, the Devil and Bob"

The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When fruit flies are fruitfully, do they multiply?

--------------------
"I was surprised by the matter-of-factness of Kafka's narration, and the subtle humor present as a result." (Sizer 2005)

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not to try and make some crazy sense from this crazy argument, but I imagine the Borg were killed by Picard because they weren't expecting to be hit with Tommy Guns. If everyone had been using them, they'd have deflected them as easily as phasers.

I think it's not that the Borg come automatically equipped to deflect most weapons, but that they send a few in to see what weapons the enemy are using, and then adapt the rest of the drones to that. As Picard only used the machine gun once, we never saw if the other Borg adapted to it.

And the Borg have shown the ability to stop physical attacks, as far back as "The Best of Both Worlds" when both Worf and Riker had a go.

And I'm agreeing (shockingly) with Omega here. Why on Earth would Starfleet want it's students to know Latin?

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Why would the Borg know Latin? They probably scanned Picard's mind ... he's the kind of guy who would learn Latin on a rainy day. [Smile]

I don't think Liam could learn Latin on a rainy day.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Assuming that Starfleet has an IQ of at least room temperature they would make Latin a required language to speak at the academy, unless of course the federation itself is less intelligent then a fruit fly(chaged from fruitfully). Although I could imagine a fruit fly(chaged from fruitfully) taking over the Federation, they were after all infiltrated by a parasite...(stupid word program,(not to metion me,(i wounder how long i could do this for,(i dont know but it seems pretty dumb to me,(shut up both of you!!!(OK!)(OK!)))))
What. The. "fuck".

[ May 27, 2002, 20:32: Message edited by: The Ulcer Mongoose ]

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

I have to agree with UM here. Some people need to just smack themselves around and spare us the trouble.

Of course, its possible Starfleet wants everyone to know Latin so they can recognize it when the Romans From Outer Space return and conquor the Federation.

The fuck?!

The fuck!?

The fucking fucker fuck fuckest!

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
But why? Where did this come from?

Random Paragraph with the word "Starfleet" randomly inserted in:

"With the rights to broadcast both the Starfleet and the Triple Crown races, Starfleet aired the Preakness shortly after Starfleet, and then began its telecast of the Starfleet game at 6:30 p.m."

This is what that silly lad wrote:

"Assuming that Starfleet has an IQ of at least room temperature they would make Latin a required language to speak at the academy, unless of course the federation itself is less intelligent then a fruit fly(chaged from fruitfully). Although I could imagine a fruit fly(chaged from fruitfully) taking over the Federation, they were after all infiltrated by a parasite...(stupid word program,(not to metion me,(i wounder how long i could do this for,(i dont know but it seems pretty dumb to me,(shut up both of you!!!(OK!)(OK!)))))"

Coherency level == same.

Why latin? Why would that be an acceptable defence against the Borg? What's the shit about fruit flies?

This makes life extraordinarily less worthwile, and I've never wanted to eat rat poison quite so much.

Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well that was an interesting paragraph... Anyway, I would think that Latin would be easy for the Borg to decipher since the Collective has assimilated information onboard Federation starships. Even the Navajo language would be in the Collective's database by now, unlike back during WW2. And that fruitfly thing is strange. I don't even know where to start on that.

--------------------
"It speaks to some basic human needs: that there is a tomorrow, it's not all going to be over with a big splash and a bomb, that the human race is improving, that we have things to be proud of as humans."
-Gene Roddenberry about Star Trek

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What really gets me is that the comment has been edited to look like a LISP program.
  This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps