Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » Borg.. (Page 5)

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: Borg..
Matrix
AMEAN McAvoy
Member # 376

- posted      Profile for Matrix     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, all he need to do is send Koy'canspellname to go type his worthless ramblings into the Borg memory. I am curious whether or not if Koy'whoeveryouare is like some drunk who happened to stumble upon Flare...

Koy'Igiveup, what does Latin have to do with anything? Latin is just as easy to learn as any Earth lanuage. Now if you are saying that Enlgish could wipe out the Borg, then... you will have to lay off the pipe alittle.

[ May 28, 2002, 08:52: Message edited by: Matrix ]

--------------------
Matrix
If you say so
If you want so
Then do so

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
"...like some drunk who happened to stumble upon Flare..."
His jibberish does, rather surprisingly, make a lot of sense when one is intoxicated. Really.

--------------------
".mirrorS arE morE fuN thaN televisioN" - TEH PNIK FLAMIGNO

koy'peled Oy'tio
Member # 796

- posted      Profile for koy'peled Oy'tio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
latin is a dead language therefore never chages therefore stays the same, hence a langautic tool, hence may come in hady during a crisis, perhapes during a UT malfunction ect.

--------------------
"Explore New Worlds"

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Roll Eyes]

See, the thing about dead languages, their defining characteristic, is that they're dead.

The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
To be perfectly fair, Latin isn't dead in the same way, that, oh, the Visigoth or Beothuk languages are dead. I can see it sticking around for the forseeable future on the linguistic sidelines, if only for nomenclature purposes in the natural sciences.

--------------------
"I was surprised by the matter-of-factness of Kafka's narration, and the subtle humor present as a result." (Sizer 2005)

koy'peled Oy'tio
Member # 796

- posted      Profile for koy'peled Oy'tio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
dead latin = never will change

As oppose to english for intance which changes everyday.

--------------------
"Explore New Worlds"

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
for example, today's change was the coining of the word 'intance'

--------------------
"Are you worried that your thoughts are not quite.. clear?"

The Defiant
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Koy'please Banme, please learn how to master English before you say something about a language you clearly don't understand.

You said in a different topic about feeling sorry for me, well look who's talking.

IP: Logged
Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love this kind of struggle thing that's going on for that second lowest spot on the totem pole.

Spelling aside, he's correct. It's doubtful that Latin will ever change. It's pretty much just used for scientific classifications and the odd, long winded sermon.

It also makes appearances in shows such as the West Wing...

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
AHA! Shows how much YOU know!! Seems your language here is only MOOOSTLY dead! There's a big difference between "mostly dead" & "all dead." "MOSTly dead" means "slightly ALIVE!"

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ROTFLMBO!!!

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Laughing your breasts of?

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

The Defiant
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's sick.

NIROTGLMDATOV

Ya know HArry, that pretty dern funny. [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

[ May 30, 2002, 16:19: Message edited by: The Defiant ]

IP: Logged
Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

Butt. Laughing my butt off. As opposed to ass, which would just be vulgar.

[Smile]

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration

koy'peled Oy'tio
Member # 796

quote:
Originally posted by The Defiant:
Koy'please Banme, please learn how to master English before you say something about a language you clearly don't understand.

You said in a different topic about feeling sorry for me, well look who's talking.

May i point out that this post has been somewhat duplicated in another thread...

quote:
Originally Posted in Verg by Defiant

Koy'please Banhim, I want to know what a Verg is. That is what the subject is. Tell me why you're talking about Borg and V'ger when the subject is Verg.

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Koy'please Banhim, from a different topic:

... You should feel sorry for The Defiant more...
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yeah, right.

And although opposed to general belief, mastering any language is nearly impossible because language is always changing from day to day. However compared to some people *Coughs and under breath say’s 'The Defiant'* I have mastered English.

As I had posted before your version of my altered name is incredibly lame (wow that rhymes) However I have found a few that you could take into consideration and decide for yourself if yours is lame.

Tater'peled Wit'finger'nails
Soy'Sauce Meal On'ladle
Oidon'tBel Ieve'it
CoyPeeledPotato
Coicarp'calledOtto

--------------------
"Explore New Worlds"

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps