Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » *influence of stupidity removed*- Nemi$i$ $poiler$ (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: *influence of stupidity removed*- Nemi$i$ $poiler$
Alshrim Dax
Member # 258

- posted      Profile for Alshrim Dax     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In a press release: http://www.startrek.com/production/startrekx/articles/020602.asp, Berman says that Mulgrew returns to the screen as an Admiral.

Why would she be admiral before Picard???

[ March 27, 2002, 23:38: Message edited by: TSN ]

--------------------
o::{====> Alshrim Dax <====}::o

~ Cry Havoc - and let slip the dogs of war!

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cause Picard'd be all like "No way, boyee, Ima Cap'n, and I'll stay a Cap'n very much."

An' Jane-away's a like "Ima get me home, so Comman's gonna done give me a PR promoshun' y'all."

I think there are a few threads that explain this, and have good reasons.

Oh, and I know that Janeway's going to be an Admiral, but some people might not, so your spoiler warning does no good when a spoiler is in the title. Change it please.

[ March 27, 2002, 13:23: Message edited by: U//Magnus ]

The Vulcan
Member # 633

- posted      Profile for The Vulcan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maybe because she brought voyager back from the delta quadrant without destorying the ship, and not losing many crew...

--------------------
Die please.

k, thx.

Alshrim Dax
Member # 258

- posted      Profile for Alshrim Dax     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i thought about that - but you know what.. I still think that Picard is far more decorated.

i dunno...

--------------------
o::{====> Alshrim Dax <====}::o

~ Cry Havoc - and let slip the dogs of war!

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Oh, and I know that Janeway's going to be an Admiral, but some people might not, so your spoiler warning does no good when a spoiler is in the title.
Alshrim ... ? C'mon, you're pulling an MIB. Click edit, change the thread title.

Besides, this is VERY OLD NEWS.

Heck, Picard is too smart to get promoted [Smile]

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

David Templar
Saint of Rabid Pikachu
Member # 580

- posted      Profile for David Templar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, Janeway really doesn't know any better.

--------------------
"God's in his heaven. All's right with the world."

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
True. We discussed this recently in another thread - Janeway's promotion is likely a PR thing, an attempt at Federation hero-making. Sorta like how they didn't let the first American astronauts like John Glenn fly in space ever again, to preserve them as such. Many people think that Kirk's promotion to the admiralty was the same thing - he only had his five-year mission, too.

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Um, didn't John Glen just go fly into space a few years ago ... ?

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Exactly. Do you know how long he campaigned to get that chance?

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm surprised no one has pointed out that Picard was offered admiral and turned it down, long before Janeway was even a captain.
Peregrinus
Curmudgeon-at-Large
Member # 504

- posted      Profile for Peregrinus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
First of all, Deke Slayton was found to have a heart condition that prevented him from ever flying...

Scott Carpenter did ground work for NASA but took several leaves to work on successive SEALAB projects, turning his attention to inner space...

John Glenn retired from NASA in 1964, so they didn't even get a chance to send him back up...

The rest of the Mercury Seven, however, did indeed fly again, in addition to serving as backups to other missions and performing other ground duties:

Gus Grissom flew on Gemini III before dying in the Apollo 1 fire...

Gordon Cooper flew on Gemini V...

Wally Schirra flew on Gemini VI...

And Alan Shepard flew on Apollo 14.

--Jonah

--------------------
"That's what I like about these high school girls, I keep getting older, they stay the same age."

--David "Woody" Wooderson, Dazed and Confused

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

Yeah, and edit the title Ashirim. Geez, Louise.
TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thread title fixed.
Matrix
AMEAN McAvoy
Member # 376

- posted      Profile for Matrix     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
C'mon Kirk told Picard never to go away from the bridge of the Enterprise.

Anyway it fairly common to have people wnating to stay a captain then become a admiral because being an admiral is a desk job and being a captain is where all the action is.

--------------------
Matrix
If you say so
If you want so
Then do so

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That didnt make any sense whatsoever, Matrix.
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps