Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » *influence of stupidity removed*- Nemi$i$ $poiler$ (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: *influence of stupidity removed*- Nemi$i$ $poiler$
Alshrim Dax
Member # 258

- posted      Profile for Alshrim Dax     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
errr.. umm.. Sorry 'bout that... Umm... But .. i guess i missed the discussion before.. and err uu.hh...

*Bends over for his flogging!!*

And I don't think it was *I* that changed the title... so.. well...

*turns and walks away scratching his head*

--------------------
o::{====> Alshrim Dax <====}::o

~ Cry Havoc - and let slip the dogs of war!

Dat
Huh?
Member # 302

- posted      Profile for Dat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No, it was Tim who did it for you after you absolutely missed the first reply telling you to do so which was made before you're first reply.

--------------------
Is it Friday yet?

Flower Man
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Don't let them promote you. Don't let them transfer you. Don't let them do anything that would take you off the bridge of that ship. Because while you're there, you can make a difference."--Captain Kirk to Captain Picard

It would appear as though Picard took Kirk's advice. Mystery sloved. Case closed. Moving on. [Big Grin]

IP: Logged
capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Picard took Kirk's advice before it was even given to him, when he turned down Admiral Quinn's promotion in 'Coming of Age'

--------------------
"Are you worried that your thoughts are not quite.. clear?"

Flower Man
Ex-Member

Maybe they are telepathically linked to each other. [Smile]
Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't think Quinn was necessarily giving him a promotion, he just offered him the position of Commandant of the Academy. I don't think you'd have to be an Admiral to fill that position.

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

capped
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i havent seen the episode in a while, so im nit sure about the exact words, but im pretty sure i either heard the word 'admiral' or the word 'promotion' (which would lead me to think 'admiral') but i may misremember, so ill check.. btw, 'me digging up a videotape' turnaround time is about 4-5 days, so if anyone watches it before then, let us know what he said...
Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, he was offered both the job at the Academy and a promotion to flag rank. Quinn fore-shadowed "Conspiracy" by mentioning just such a conspiracy, and told Picard he needed as many "high ranking friends" (or along those lines) on Earth as he could get.

In present day, to back up the assertion of Picard's promotion, the Commendant of the US Naval Academy in Annapolis is an Admiral.

[ March 31, 2002, 08:29: Message edited by: Malnurtured Snayer ]

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

capped
Member # 709

in addition all the other commandants, like Admiral Brand and the Bolian commandant have been admirals (the latter a rare two-pip admiral)

even before his conversation with Kirk, Picard seemed to grasp that the center chair was his 'first, best destiny'.. im sure that opportunities like that have popped up along the way for him as well, even though currently he seems a little less in favor with command (being dressed down by Admiral Nechayev a few times in the later TNG years, and he's disobeyed lots of orders in FC and Insurrection which probably didnt do his career any favors.. considering that sidelining him for the Borg conflict showed that SF Command has less than 100% faith in his abilities in some areas, supposedly)

but then again, after 22 years on the stargazer and 14 years on the enterprises (and whatever he did for 9 years in between), starfleet obviously recognizes his ability to get things done and wants to keep him in the field because he is, IMO probably the best captain in SF (only cuz Kirk's retired!).. on the other hand, janeway is irresponsible, annoying, and troublesome.. definitely not the kind of officer you want on your front line.. i think id promote her just so i could keep an eye on her to keep her from bungling any more situations.

"There's coffee in that nebula.. lets risk the ship"
"Um.. no. how bout you file these reports instead"

"Let's let ourselves get assimilated and spy on the Borg"
"Kathy, just get me last months fleet allocation tables instead"

[ March 31, 2002, 09:44: Message edited by: CaptainMike ]

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

:)

EdipisReks
Ex-Member

quote:
"There's coffee in that nebula.. lets risk the ship"
"Um.. no. how bout you file these reports instead"

LOL. dude, that's brilliant!

--jacob

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps