Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » Some Comments (Page 3)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Some Comments
Alshrim Dax
Member # 258

- posted      Profile for Alshrim Dax     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What I meant by one way is that they're not REAL TIME... you have to wait your turn to speak.

And I'm not talking about the type of technology used for Cell Phones... I was referring more to the esthetics of the phone.

Thanx Sol for the support!!!!

------------------
Alshrim Dax

Alshrim Dax
Member # 258

- posted      Profile for Alshrim Dax     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
For the original poster??? Point well taken!!

:0
------------------
Alshrim Dax

[This message has been edited by Alshrim Dax (edited November 23, 1999).]

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
And with cell phones, you can all talk at once, and everything will make sense?

What something looks like is irrelevant...you could build headphones that look like Trek communicators if you wanted to. Ooh, I know...Roddenberry invented books! And clams! They open and close! Besides, the Motorola phones are help up to the ear, whereas the communicators are held in front of you. I honestly don't see any connection between them at all, at this point.

------------------
Frank's Home Page
"Anarchias de meizon ouk estin kakon." - Creon

Diane
aka Tora Ziyal
Member # 53

- posted      Profile for Diane     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Here's a link to another forum to argue with the guy who wrote that article that Bernd posted in the other thread: http://www.wittybanter.com/wbforum/Forum1/HTML/000188.html

I'd argue with him personally, but I gotta read all of Great Expectations (43 pages down, 447 to go)over the Thanksgiving weekend.

------------------
--Then, said Cranly, do you not intend to become a protestant?
--I said that I had lost the faith, Stephen answered, but not that I had lost self-respect. What kind of liberation would that be to forsake an absurdity which is logical and coherent and to embrace one which is illogical and incoherent?

James Joyce, A Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man.

Alshrim Dax
Member # 258

Point taken Monsieur Frank a.k.a. Shadow!!!

I stick to my guns when I say... Gene was a visionary..

And the rest of us Star Trek die-hards want the details... THEY SUSTAIN US MAN..

However, I can over look the odd error. .. after all.. it is fiction.

------------------
Alshrim Dax

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps