Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » Blink of an Eye ($$$$) (Page 3)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Blink of an Eye ($$$$)
Alshrim Dax
Member # 258

- posted      Profile for Alshrim Dax     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I like the Jelly-Filling Idea too..

Good for the next series..

USS Jelly Donut goes to Boston Cream filled Planet for shore leave, only to be attacked by the evil Tim Bits !!

------------------
I feel more like I do now, then when I first got here!!

- Alshrim Dax
The Other Dax:
Live Long and Prosper

[This message has been edited by Alshrim Dax (edited January 20, 2000).]

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Strawberry or raspberry jelly? Because I'd spend a few days on the raspberry jelly world, but I don't think the strawberry one would be worth the extra time, really. Not that I don't like strawberries, or strawberry jelly, but a whole planet?

------------------
"20th Century, go to sleep."
--
R.E.M.

Xentrick
good to go
Member # 64

- posted      Profile for Xentrick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hilarious science aside, I liked this episode.

Of course, I liked it the first time I saw it: in the book "Dragon's Egg," by Forward.

Pity the poor tribal priest or medieval Protector or astronomer, waiting their entire lives for answers to scientific questions that will never come.

Just like us

Gepta001
Member # 231

- posted      Profile for Gepta001     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
as long as it is not cranberry Jelly, I like the idea.

------------------
"Hey you...you talkin to me?"
"Show me your steel"
"I will show you my iron claw technique!"

Elim Garak
Plain and simple
Member # 14

- posted      Profile for Elim Garak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Cranberry Jelly is unworthy of the name Cranberry.

Alshrim... That's probably the first time I've ever seen someone use the words "Tim Bits" so creatively on the Net!

Alshrim Dax
Member # 258

- posted      Profile for Alshrim Dax     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I appreciate the complement Elim.

I'd like to think that I have an "over"-active imagination sometimes !!!

------------------
I feel more like I do now, then when I first got here!! :)

- Alshrim Dax
The Other Dax:
<a href="http://pub5.ezboard.com/bstar48987">Live Long and Prosper</a>

Elim Garak
Plain and simple
Member # 14

- posted      Profile for Elim Garak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Although I doubt most people know what Tim Bits are...
First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Has been. Isn't now.

------------------
Calvin: "No efficiency, no accountability... I tell you, Hobbes, it's a lousy way to run a Universe." -- Bill Watterson

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What are "Tim Bits"? This isn't some sort of plot to disassociate various pieces of my body, is it? :-)

------------------
"Voyager is not true. If it were true, the ship would not look spick-and-span every week, after all these battles it goes through. How many times has the bridge been destroyed? How many shuttlecrafts have vanished, and another one just comes out of the oven? That kind of bullshitting the audience I think takes its toll."
-Ronald D. Moore

Alshrim Dax
Member # 258

Nay, friend..

Tim Bits are donut holes from Tim Horton's !!

Canadian thing !!

------------------
I feel more like I do now, then when I first got here!! :)

- Alshrim Dax
The Other Dax:
<a href="http://pub5.ezboard.com/bstar48987">Live Long and Prosper</a>

Marko Latin
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
TSN. About your signature...did you ever think that they REPAIR the voyager every once in a while...and about the scorch marks on the hull...well...maybe they make Harry go out in a space suit and clean that off...

------------------
Dream on...in the end...dreams are everything...

IP: Logged
Individual 5748
Ex-Member

In retrospect, I rarely remember the Defiant, supposedly one of the most active vessels in the Dominion war, with extensive damage done to itself.

Nine times out of ten, VGR doesn't show as much damage as it might because of the reuse of existing space-shots of Voyager already filmed. Ron shouldn't be pointing the finger to VGR on that one, considering the USS Sao Paulo beared the Defiant's registry in "What You Leave Behind."

------------------
"Questions, comments, bring them to me. Problems, take them to Kinis."

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, the Defiant had a space station to repair at after each battle. Voyager hasn't got that.

------------------
Col. Maybourne: "Teal'c... It's good to see you well."
Teal'c: "In my culture, I would be well within my rights to dismember you."
-Stargate SG-1: "Touchstone"

Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
After finally getting to see "Blink of an Eye" I thought it was a great episode and I liked the story. I only wish I had recorded it.

I tried explaining the tachyon part of it, but what I didn't get was why did it appear to have tunnels at it's poles.

------------------
Calvin: "I'm killing time while I wait for life to shower me with meaning and happiness"
Hobbes: "I hope you're comfy."
Federation Starship Datalink - Starship site of the new millennium.

Individual 5748
Ex-Member

Yes, that is true. However, I doubt that Voyager would look damaged all the time either. Just because we don't see something on TV doesn't mean it doesn't happen. Like in "The Voyager Conspiracy," (small $$)Seven describes that away team mission where Neelix gets the amber spice. We didn't see this, but it did occur. Now I'm not saying this happens all the time, but it is possible that VGR gets help with repairs from aliens every once and a while.

------------------
"Questions, comments, bring them to me. Problems, take them to Kinis."

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps