Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » Tsunkatse - $$$$$ (Page 1)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Tsunkatse - $$$$$
Alshrim Dax
Member # 258

- posted      Profile for Alshrim Dax     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Here's my weekly post on the new upcoming ep -

This one, I'm looking forward to!

I can't wait to have Seven kick serious 'Rock' Butt !! (Not that I'm a WWF fan anyways)

Here are some shots from the ep.

- Combs

I've only seen part of the trailer .. and getting it from Continuum has been difficult ..

Anyone have the whole story behind this one?

------------------
-There can be only Nine !! ..mmm.. maybe 10 !!

- Alshrim Dax
The Other Dax:

[This message has been edited by Alshrim Dax (edited February 04, 2000).]

[This message has been edited by Alshrim Dax (edited February 04, 2000).]

[This message has been edited by Alshrim Dax (edited February 05, 2000).]

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Look what they've done to part of the DS9 set!!!!! noooooooo!!!!!!!! - its an airlock door...

*sniff*

------------------
"...it might be easier to study
ancient societies from distant orbit than it might be to sit next to the
Guardian of Forever with a tricorder." - Baloo, January 2000

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Actually, the ring looks a heck of lot like the Stellar Cartography set from Generations.

------------------
"A gathering of Angels appeared above my head. They sang to me this song of hope, and this is what they said..." -Styx

Aban's Illustration www.thespeakeasy.com/alanfore

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"This one, I'm looking forward to!"

Yeah, can't wait for a huge WWF commercial. Although we'll see how it turns out.

------------------
Frank's Home Page
John Linnell: "This song is called...it's called..."
Audience: "Louisiana! Montana!"
John Linnell: Don't tell me what it's called..."

Alshrim Dax
Member # 258

- posted      Profile for Alshrim Dax     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ya really... But I record my Voyager .. I work nights .. so... FAST-FORWARD ----> i don't see the commercials !!

------------------

- Alshrim Dax
The Other Dax:

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You misunderstand...I was talking about the episode itself.

------------------
Frank's Home Page
John Linnell: "This song is called...it's called..."
Audience: "Louisiana! Montana!"
John Linnell: Don't tell me what it's called..."

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Y'know what might make this episode worthwhile? If, instead of fighting, Seven merely assimilates all her opponents. That would be okay... :-)

------------------
Lisa: "A rose by any other name would smell as sweet."
Bart: "Not if you called them 'stench blossoms'..."
-The Simpsons

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Aban - I meant the airlock door behind seven in the second picture... its from DS9 - and painted lemon! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

------------------

Orion Syndicate
He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty boy!
Member # 25

- posted      Profile for Orion Syndicate     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
They obviously don't get sentimental, especially with their space and money constraints.

------------------
Democracy simply means the bludgeoning of the people, by the people and for the people.

Elim Garak
Plain and simple
Member # 14

- posted      Profile for Elim Garak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The Rock is in this episode for five minutes, saith Robert J. Doherty. How come no one realises that doesn't make this a commercial for the WWF?

Oh! And the difference between the violence in "Tsunkatse" and "By Inferno's Light" is...? (Neither Worf nor Seven want to fight, but they sort of have to in order to accomplish something: survival.)

Alshrim Dax
Member # 258

I loved that episode.. one of my favorite DS9 Eps !!

I hope this one does it justice then !!

------------------

- Alshrim Dax
The Other Dax:

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

I can't believe that Hirogen is J.G. Herletzer!

Andrew

------------------

grb
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, but the fighting in "In Inferno's Light" was a little more essential to the story, and a little better written. Jem"hadar warriors fight the inmates to entertain themselves. It was intresting to see the jem'hadar in thi way, it enhanced both worf's character as well as our understadning of the jem'hadar and the dominion. This voyager epsiode is just a chance to see seven in even more derogitory clothing in a vain attempt to increase Voyager's sagging ratings. DS9 wrote good stories to get more viewers, Voyager has to be sexist.

------------------
Obviously you refuse to cooperate with me. Obviously you have no discipline to kepp the mouth shut. Obviously you don't. Let's try it that way, then you might get the hint. How many more minutes are we going to waste asking you not to talk? How many more!?!

IP: Logged
Individual 5748
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
I really don't think you should be commenting on the writing before it airs. You know only the basic outline of the story based on spoilers, etc. The episode may reveal a more detailed scenario. And is trying to capitalize on the fame of the WWF really such a wrong idea? It's not as if this is going to happen every week. And excuse the pun, but like all other TV, Star Trek is still an enterprise.

------------------
"Questions, comments, bring them to me. Problems, take them to Kinis."

[This message has been edited by Individual 5748 (edited February 06, 2000).]

IP: Logged
Elim Garak
Plain and simple
Member # 14

- posted      Profile for Elim Garak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Yeah, but the fighting in "In Inferno's Light" was a little more essential to the story, and a little better written.

Having not seen "Tsunkatse" yet (unless you have special privileges somehow), how can you say this?

And wait... more essential to the story? In "Tsunkatese", this is the story, while that in "By Inferno's Light" was almost a subplot.

quote:
This voyager epsiode is just a chance to see seven in even more derogitory clothing in a vain attempt to increase Voyager's sagging ratings.

Sagging ratings? Not at all. Ratings are equivalent to last year with less coverage over the U.S. That means more people are watching the show per capita. And, again, if you were to do the math for Voyager's ratings compared to DS9's (On fair ground! Meaning same national coverage percentage, multiple viewings in areas, the canceled UPN shwoings which just reduce the overall ratings, etc.), I'm certain the difference would be negiligeable.

quote:
DS9 wrote good stories to get more viewers, Voyager has to be sexist.

Really? If I wanted to, I could call some things on DS9 sexist. But seeing as I like the show, I don't particularly want to try to. And I still don't see how this is a sexist show...

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps