Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » Tsunkatse - $$$$$ (Page 2)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Tsunkatse - $$$$$
Montgomery
Reigning Supreme
Member # 23

- posted      Profile for Montgomery     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Am I the only one left who gets offended by violence against women? (Even in a fantastical context)

------------------
"You don't need eyes to see; you need VISION"
- Faithless / Reverence

grb
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
I will wait to see the epsiode. But come on, in yet ANOTHER seven story, she's kidnapped by some alien race and forced to fight in some galactic wredstling match. This is not going to be some great episode on the "human spirit," and its not going to be an integral part of a multi-year story arc like "in Inferno's Light" was a part of the dominion arc.

And I know that trek is an enterprise, and it has to get ratings to make money to survive. I'm just disappointed that Voyager can't write good stories to get ratings, put has to pull out a story like this.

------------------
Obviously you refuse to cooperate with me. Obviously you have no discipline to kepp the mouth shut. Obviously you don't. Let's try it that way, then you might get the hint. How many more minutes are we going to waste asking you not to talk? How many more!?!

IP: Logged
Elim Garak
Plain and simple
Member # 14

- posted      Profile for Elim Garak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Okay, I have to agree there.
Alshrim Dax
Member # 258

- posted      Profile for Alshrim Dax     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Monty wrote: "Am I the only one left who gets offended by violence against women? "

I think Seven's going to kick ass !! Why should I be offended .. she's being portraited as a woman who can defeat a large man !!

If it were Chakotay in there .. why would you feel any different?? - seven can kick his ass too ..

------------------
-There can be only Nine !! ..mmm.. maybe 10 !!

- Alshrim Dax
The Other Dax:

Diane
aka Tora Ziyal
Member # 53

- posted      Profile for Diane     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Whining about a little airlock?! They took down the entire Promenade!! That's my favorite place!

That's Jeffrey Combs in the first picture? No!! they've blocked his cuteness!

------------------
--Then, said Cranly, do you not intend to become a protestant?
--I said that I had lost the faith, Stephen answered, but not that I had lost self-respect. What kind of liberation would that be to forsake an absurdity which is logical and coherent and to embrace one which is illogical and incoherent?

James Joyce, A Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man.

Elim Garak
Plain and simple
Member # 14

- posted      Profile for Elim Garak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That's J.G. Hertzler in the first picture. Jeff Combs isn't in those pictures, I don't think...
Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
AndrewR: Yeah, I see that it is a reuse of the DS9 airlocks. I totally love the design of those doors, and while I don't have a problem with reusing sets, I think they should be altered enough that we can't point to a low res picture on the internet and recognize where it came from!

But does anyone else think that the ring (from the third picture way up there) looks like the bottom of the Stellar Cartography set from Generations?

------------------
"A gathering of Angels appeared above my head. They sang to me this song of hope, and this is what they said..." -Styx

Aban's Illustration www.thespeakeasy.com/alanfore

Alshrim Dax
Member # 258

- posted      Profile for Alshrim Dax     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Jeff Combs is the first pic.... He plays the lead Hirogen that forces 7 to fight I think.

------------------

- Alshrim Dax
The Other Dax:

Dat
Huh?
Member # 302

- posted      Profile for Dat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
J.G. Hertzler is the Hirogen. Combs is the guy who kidnaps all these people and forces them to fight. He's not in the pictures. Besides, Combs doesn't look tall or strong. Hertzler does because he had been cast to play Martok.

------------------
7 alarm clock: "Do not touch me."
Dilbert: "Then how do I turn you off?"
7: "Believe me, I am plenty turned off."

Elim Garak
Plain and simple
Member # 14

Yup, the guy Combs plays is an AOTW weasel.
Alshrim Dax
Member # 258

Thanx for the clarification..

------------------

- Alshrim Dax
The Other Dax:

grb
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
Anyone noticed that voyager has already been way beyong hirogen space for a while? R maybe the hirogen in this episode from some hunting expedition that fell throguh a wormhole ro something?

------------------
Obviously you refuse to cooperate with me. Obviously you have no discipline to kepp the mouth shut. Obviously you don't. Let's try it that way, then you might get the hint. How many more minutes are we going to waste asking you not to talk? How many more!?!

IP: Logged
Alshrim Dax
Member # 258

The Hirogen don't have a specific area of space.. they are nomads looking for something to hunt !!

------------------

- Alshrim Dax
The Other Dax:

Alshrim Dax
Member # 258

I am itching to watch this ep ...

------------------

- Alshrim Dax
The Other Dax:

Timo
Member # 245

- posted      Profile for Timo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'd say there's no need to think that the Hirogen or the others can really travel across great distances. After all, the gamesters could simply be employing somebody with long-range kidnapping technology to keep the arena manned. Plenty of races have had that sort of tech, the cases most relevant to this episode being VOY "Caretaker" and TOS "Gamesters of Triskelion"...

Timo Saloniemi

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps